Deluxe Cue Smith Lathe for Sale.

Ball Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am posting this for a friend who doesn't have a computer. Recent down turn in the economy and the fact my friend does construction work has my friend strapped for money. He purchased the lathe new from Tim Hightower for around $ 2,500 with all the good stuff, about 10 or 15 years ago. He has made several sticks with it from scratch and as an a Beginner didn't do a bad job. He only played with the lathe as a hobby and it is in excellent shape. He is also throwing in supplies such as Shaft blanks and various exotic wood etc.

PM Me with a Offer and your Phone number. If I feel your offer is fair, I will pass your Phone number on to him. Since he is having problems right now, I want to be sure he gets a fair price or I will buy it myself on speculation.

PS He also had a Mid Size Cue Smith that we guessed to be well over 20 years old. I know the last two individuals who owned it and remember when they put tips on for me etc, with that lathe. So I bought that one because it fills all my needs as just a Ball Banger. I already have a Home made Lathe that does everything I want to do. But getting a Cue Smith Lathe has made my day because I can do it even better job.

kunin35

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This sounds like it would be a great deal for someone.

Maybe a detailed list of what goes with it and a few pics would help the sale. GL on the sale :smile:

Ball Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://www.cuesmith.com/index.php?menu1=menu_lathes&page=cue_lathe_deluxe

This is pretty much the same Lathe with all extras as shown in Cue Smith's website. But the price was a little lower a few years ago. One different thing that stands out to me in the Cue Smith web picture is the Lack of the Installed double Chuck. I know it has Power feed taper attachment and a Router etc.

Location of my Friend and his Lathe is a few miles North of Ft Myers Florida. I don't live very near him and I am some 30 miles in an opposite direction. BTW His only phone is a Pre pay cell phone with very few minutes on it. The Guy is really down on his luck and is a real great Carpenter. But Our Area has 14 to 15% unemployment.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
http://www.cuesmith.com/index.php?menu1=menu_lathes&page=cue_lathe_deluxe

This is pretty much the same Lathe with all extras as shown in Cue Smith's website. But the price was a little lower a few years ago. One different thing that stands out to me in the Cue Smith web picture is the Lack of the Installed double Chuck. I know it has Power feed taper attachment and a Router etc.

Location of my Friend and his Lathe is a few miles North of Ft Myers Florida. I don't live very near him and I am some 30 miles in an opposite direction. BTW His only phone is a Pre pay cell phone with very few minutes on it. The Guy is really down on his luck and is a real great Carpenter. But Our Area has 14 to 15% unemployment.
Feel free to send me a picture of it and I will tell yu what he has. It kind of sounds like the forerunner of the Deluxe. But without a picture I would just be guessing. cueman@cuesmith.com

Ball Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Feel free to send me a picture of it and I will tell yu what he has. It kind of sounds like the forerunner of the Deluxe. But without a picture I would just be guessing. cueman@cuesmith.com

Chris

Glad to see you are on board. I don't have a Digital Camera and live fairly far away from the seller. I will E mail his name to you just in case you still have record of what he purchased. Fact is, if we had not had a hard freeze here in Fla. which will effect my income, I would buy it. But I got his starter Lathe and will be buying parts and supplies etc.

Question about Shipping have also come up and I see that as a real Hassle. My roll here is just to try and help the guy out. But I will have to get Pictures and post them.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Chris

Glad to see you are on board. I don't have a Digital Camera and live fairly far away from the seller. I will E mail his name to you just in case you still have record of what he purchased. Fact is, if we had not had a hard freeze here in Fla. which will effect my income, I would buy it. But I got his starter Lathe and will be buying parts and supplies etc.

Question about Shipping have also come up and I see that as a real Hassle. My roll here is just to try and help the guy out. But I will have to get Pictures and post them.

I will be glad to look back at my records and see what he bought. Just PM me his name.

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Chris

Take it in to your local UPS store (or similar) and they will box it up and ship it for you for $300 or so. Or, ask Chris which freight carrier that he uses, and make your own container.
Mr H

Ball Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be glad to look back at my records and see what he bought. Just PM me his name.

Chris

I just E mailed you The man's Full name and Date he purchased the Lathe of 6/12/03. I also included the information on the smaller Lathe I purchased from him. He tells me he made 8 sticks with the Lathe before Hurricane Charlie Hit the area in Aug of 04. The Lathe has been sitting since that time. From what I see it is in excellent condition. The older Lathe I purchased has a lot more wear on it, Yet still works great. I will be needing some replacement parts like a Motor Belt for the Wrapping Motor etc. I am real happy to move up from my home made lathe.

Before I let someone else get the taper Lathe Cheap, I will buy it. I have no desire to make Cue Sticks, but can't see the guy getting screwed on the deal. I hit bottom with Hurricane Charlie losing 7 figures, so I know the feeling. BTW his cell phone ran out of Minutes, So his only contact is with me. If Necessary I will let any serious buyer talk directly with him on my Cell phone as per a pre-set time.

Ball Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cut and Paste from Chris Hightowers E mail to me.

Dennis got a Deluxe with one chuck as best as I can tell. It would be the equivilent of my $2800 package today. It should bring between $1500 to $1900 if in good shape and everything there as best guess without seeing pictures of what it included.
Thanks,
Chris

Thank you Chris. There is a double Chuck on this lathe at present time. I also believe all equipment is still with that lathe as a First owner. Dennis is a craftsman who does finish work on higher priced homes and knows the value of taking care of good tools.

The Older Lathe I purchase he had the following to say.

(1st owner's name) purchased a regular full size Cue Smith with the small headstock in early 1996 and it did not come with taper bars or any of that kind of stuff. If it has those items on it they were added later. The old lathes without taper bars usually bring between $500 and $900 depending on condition. Without some pictures I would not want to give any estimate on what it is worth. Very often items from the original package are missing and without a picture of everything that is included I would hate to make a guess on its market value.
Thanks,
Chris

Thanks again Chris for you support on used lathes. Your support makes your fine equipment even more valuable. I am super happy to learn I can add more features to my lathe if or when I chose to. If I planned to do more than minor repair work I would take the Newer Lathe with everything already there. Heck I might end up kicking myself for not jumping on it now. If no offers a fair price I will buy it and resell the older lathe.

Ball Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had several PM asking for pictures of this lathe. I am not the owner of the lathe and don't have a Digital Camera. The seller doesn't have one either. So bare with me and I will try my best to get pictures posted ASAP.

tableman

Silver Member
Chris, what date do you show this Deluxe was purchased from you? I have PM'd with Ball Banger and have a tenative deal but would like to know the exact age of it. Thanks! :thumbup:

Trent

Banned
id say 1996 so its not like todays deluxe

(1st owner's name) purchased a regular full size Cue Smith with the small headstock in early 1996 and it did not come with taper bars or any of that kind of stuff. If it has those items on it they were added later. The old lathes without taper bars usually bring between $500 and $900 depending on condition. Without some pictures I would not want to give any estimate on what it is worth. Very often items from the original package are missing and without a picture of everything that is included I would hate to make a guess on its market value.
Thanks,
Chris

Trent

Banned
id imagine it looks like this with the full length bed

olderlathe.jpg

Ball Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cut and Paste from Chris Hightowers E mail to me.

Dennis got a Deluxe with one chuck as best as I can tell. It would be the equivilent of my $2800 package today. It should bring between $1500 to $1900 if in good shape and everything there as best guess without seeing pictures of what it included.
Thanks,
Chris

Thank you Chris. There is a double Chuck on this lathe at present time. I also believe all equipment is still with that lathe as a First owner. Dennis is a craftsman who does finish work on higher priced homes and knows the value of taking care of good tools.

The Older Lathe I purchase he had the following to say.

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks again Chris for you support on used lathes. Your support makes your fine equipment even more valuable. I am super happy to learn I can add more features to my lathe if or when I chose to. If I planned to do more than minor repair work I would take the Newer Lathe with everything already there. Heck I might end up kicking myself for not jumping on it now. If no offers a fair price I will buy it and resell the older lathe.

Trent

Dennis is the seller of the 2003 Deluxe Lathe and the Red highlighted words are what Chris said about the Lathe that is For sale. I am only trying to advertise the Lathe for him.

The 1996 Model is the one I purchased. Yes it looks like the picture you show. If I wanted to make Cue sticks then I would have bought the better lathe. But the one I bought will serve me well.

the kidd

VOTE ONE TIME
Silver Member
Is it sold?

Is it sold?
I am posting this for a friend who doesn't have a computer. Recent down turn in the economy and the fact my friend does construction work has my friend strapped for money. He purchased the lathe new from Tim Hightower for around $ 2,500 with all the good stuff, about 10 or 15 years ago. He has made several sticks with it from scratch and as an a Beginner didn't do a bad job. He only played with the lathe as a hobby and it is in excellent shape. He is also throwing in supplies such as Shaft blanks and various exotic wood etc.

PM Me with a Offer and your Phone number. If I feel your offer is fair, I will pass your Phone number on to him. Since he is having problems right now, I want to be sure he gets a fair price or I will buy it myself on speculation.

PS He also had a Mid Size Cue Smith that we guessed to be well over 20 years old. I know the last two individuals who owned it and remember when they put tips on for me etc, with that lathe. So I bought that one because it fills all my needs as just a Ball Banger. I already have a Home made Lathe that does everything I want to do. But getting a Cue Smith Lathe has made my day because I can do it even better job.