Dennis Orcollo vs. Ghost, 1080p available NOW ... FREE (magic word for pool)

Tronpocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
only had time to view a few mins of it so far , but i have to say ,1. good video, 2. that shot at 6:30 3- 4ball was ......well......top notch to say the least.

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fantastic videos so far, Truman! High quality, good commentary and a very good watch. Thank you for doing these.

One suggestion for the handheld camera... I know that there isn't any room for a tripod in those bleacher seats, but a monopod can go a long way to help that camera be held more steadily. They are cheap, take up no room, and give the camera operator a solid anchor point to help keep the camera steady. Also, the handheld camera doesn't always have to be zooming in and out... The full table view from the side is a really good look.

Thanks again for doing these... It's really cool seeing the best in the world play the ghost like this.

TrumanHW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mikey Town;4268214...a monopod can go a long way to help that camera be held more steadily. They are cheap said:
Good advice. I'm going to order one of those NOW! :) Thank you.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cheers, I'm guessing the next ones will look flawless. I liked efren's rotation ghost, seeing players come
up with perfect little cue ball routes through traffic is amazing. I think just for fun it might be cool to see
if anyone can beat the 15-ball ghost (not rotation to 61 points, but just running the whole rack in order
to the 15 ball).

You'd think if anyone can get, what, 12 balls out of 15... then mopping up the last 3 shouldn't be an issue.
But I've dogged those balls in practice and seen others do the same...
to my knowledge there's no footage of someone beating the 15b ghost in any decent race.

I'll second the vote for 1p, a 1p ghost race would be interesting. With wide open balls they prolly make
it look easy but maybe they could be required to do a standard 1p break.

I remember back in February before the Swanee tournament Rodney Morris posted on his facebook account that he was able to beat the 15 ghost in a race- I don't remember how long of a race it was though. I would love to see a video of somebody beating the 15 ball ghost- seems nearly impossible!

monsterdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Count me in for the 15b ghost race to 15. Once again thanks so much for this video Truman, superb job as always. You're giving so much to the pool community and for free! hopefully you'll get rewarded in abundance for all your efforts.:thumbup2:

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
since these are about learning position play, the commentary is excellent.
thank you very much for posting and filming. a lot of work. good job.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nobody beats the ghost. The best you can hope for is a temporary lead on the ghost.

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
Truman, the ghost forgot to give himself a point for game 19 when Dennis missed the 5-7 combo. Final score should have been 15-7.

scratchs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice vid. i just did not enjoy the way orcollo break...

Imop..its the best way to break them playing the ghost..get a decent spread with out having to go up an down the table alot..for his play in this format it worked out okay..
I thought he probably could have hit'em a little harder..but I can't control the cb as well as he does..I slow roll with side spin alot..watching him play reminded of Reyes a little..

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Imop..its the best way to break them playing the ghost..get a decent spread with out having to go up an down the table alot..for his play in this format it worked out okay..
I thought he probably could have hit'em a little harder..but I can't control the cb as well as he does..I slow roll with side spin alot..watching him play reminded of Reyes a little..

Orcollo is such a great player. It has been a treat to be able to watch him play at Hard Times when he is in Southern California. Sometimes I think that Orcollo has the potential to the best player ever. He basically has no weaknesses and his ability to concentrate/focus is very admirable. Looks like Biado is the next in the long line of great Pinoys. He such be fun to watch for the next 10-20 years.

scratchs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Orcollo is such a great player. It has been a treat to be able to watch him play at Hard Times when he is in Southern California. Sometimes I think that Orcollo has the potential to the best player ever. He basically has no weaknesses and his ability to concentrate/focus is very admirable. Looks like Biado is the next in the long line of great Pinoys. He such be fun to watch for the next 10-20 years.

I envy you guys that walk into some of the top pool halls in the world an watch greatness unfold..I'm just gald for youtube an streams..Haven't checked Biado's play out yet..Hes on my list tho.

CantEverWin

"The One"
Silver Member
I don't have any tech advice. There's people better equipped to help guide you with that.

One thing I think would be cool if it could be done is sitting with the player after you've put the video together to get them to do a bit of commentary on themselves. I can easily understand how this could be difficult with many of the players, but might be possiable with some in the future. It might add too much to your cost, or you might not have access to the players after editing. Not to mention the language barrier.

Good videos. Commentary isn't bad. Having the player come In after could set these videos apart from anything else out there. I'd also think people would be willing to buy that.

Poker after dark used to do a week in review episode doing what I'm talking about. Also there's a UFC "fighters cut" that does it as well.

I thank you for the videos. Great stuff.

TrumanHW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't have any tech advice. There's people better equipped to help guide you with that.

One thing I think would be cool if it could be done is sitting with the player after you've put the video together to get them to do a bit of commentary on themselves. I can easily understand how this could be difficult with many of the players, but might be possiable with some in the future. It might add too much to your cost, or you might not have access to the players after editing. Not to mention the language barrier.

Good videos. Commentary isn't bad. Having the player come In after could set these videos apart from anything else out there. I'd also think people would be willing to buy that.

Poker after dark used to do a week in review episode doing what I'm talking about. Also there's a UFC "fighters cut" that does it as well.

I thank you for the videos. Great stuff.

Great advice. Many of you have excellent advice. I'm looking forward to posting the next Orcollo video, and I'm going to try to get Biado to do it also! I think I'm going to ask for 15b run outs....... see what I can do. Also goin gto see what I can do to get HT a little better set up for streaming.

Thanks again to all.