Dennis vs Ko, race to 100, 20K.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Really I'm told time and time again by Corvette and a couple others that's stanima has nothing to do with it ;)

If someone can't play 65 games of pool in one day without getting tired or losing focus then they are either a) in the wrong profession b) fat or c) lying.

If they were playing a race to 100 in one session then I might agree, but a race to 100 over 3 days? Get the f@##$ out of here with that stamina is a factor bullshit. Most people work harder the first few hours of each day than that.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
You have to have played on it to know...

Just for clarification… there are no easy shots on this table… this is basically a 9ft snooker table with regular pool balls..lol.

If you haven't played on this table you can't know...The 4" pockets are all well and dandy, but the facing angles are really wide too and they're shimmed not extended rail beds, so you have 4" pockets and wide, dead facings... it makes for probably the toughest table I've ever played on.

I think I only had 5 or 6 bnr's the 2 or 3 times I played on it.

Jaden

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
If someone can't play 65 games of pool in one day without getting tired or losing focus then they are either a) in the wrong profession b) fat or c) lying.

If they were playing a race to 100 in one session then I might agree, but a race to 100 over 3 days? Get the f@##$ out of here with that stamina is a factor bullshit. Most people work harder the first few hours of each day than that.

True story!

Teacherman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ever match up and play races to 11 for some cash?

How many times have you lost/won....and played a second set?

How many times have you split two....and played a third?

How many times have you played 4, 5, 6 sets in a session?

Um....................ALMOST EVERY TIME.

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On a Pro-cut Diamond table, I like Ko over Dennis.

Dennis was breaking wet, but it seems like he kept getting bad rolls and no shot at the 1-ball. So he wasn't really able to string
along any packages.

Dennis showed hes the best after the break. Still dont know if he
can fade Shane's monster break on a regular diamond table. Shanes not invincible though. He lost to the russian guy for the cash. That was his home table and not a Diamond.

I think French mentioned the Dennis vs Shane match will be on a 4.25" pocket Diamond.

I think race to 100 is enough. The race to 160 for the shane/dennis match is way too much.

I would love to see a Ko vs Shane match.

Shane is not invincible, however in the match up vs Chinahov in Moscow he was at a disadvantage for one more reason besides home table advantage.

If I remember correctly, during an interview just prior to the challenge match, Shane learned that this match would be played with "breaking outside the box", something he was not prepared for by the dumbfounded look on his face at that time. If he had known leading up to the match, he would have practiced that break and been better prepared.

Maybe the same outcome...but we will never know.

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you haven't played on this table you can't know...The 4" pockets are all well and dandy, but the facing angles are really wide too and they're shimmed not extended rail beds, so you have 4" pockets and wide, dead facings... it makes for probably the toughest table I've ever played on.

I think I only had 5 or 6 bnr's the 2 or 3 times I played on it.

Jaden

Could you post the table dimensions on the "Table Difficulty" thread please. It would be an interesting comparison.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=324408

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

ROALMFAO ,, you really have no clue on the relationship between the mind and the body when your taxing the mind for such long periods of time didn't they play till like 345 am day 2 ,,
Numeras people watching said Ko was tired ,, and no he does not need to find another profession ,, he does not need to play gimmick sets to 100 to make a living as he's already proven

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
100 to 90 is the FargoRate prediction from the get go...

Dennis won the cash but i bet Ko can out dance Dennis lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CilFDXPqY0

Thanks. It'll take a week to get that image out of my skull. :thumbup:

What is FargoRate prediction about SVB vs. Orcollo race to 160?

It's a dead heat right now.

http://fairmatch.fargorate.com/

SVB vs Orcollo.JPG

I don't know if DO's performance in this match has been updated to the program.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
ROALMFAO ,, you really have no clue on the relationship between the mind and the body when your taxing the mind for such long periods of time didn't they play till like 345 am day 2 ,,
Numeras people watching said Ko was tired ,, and no he does not need to find another profession ,, he does not need to play gimmick sets to 100 to make a living as he's already proven

If his weak minded ass can't handle playing 65 games in one day or he gets tired or fatigued from something my 8 year old daughter could endure then he should stick to playing races to 7 and leave the gambling to the big boys.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could you post the table dimensions on the "Table Difficulty" thread please. It would be an interesting comparison.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=324408

On the steaming forum thread, I tried to get upstate Al to just get a ruler and get us the throat measurement and shelf depth measurement since we already know the mouth is 4".

Al was too busy over the four days of being there to get them. :rolleyes:

been looking for the TDF of Steinway table 2 for a while, since it appeared on The Hustlers episode 8 with Dechaine/Jerrod vs Duddy/Smiley playing scotch doubles 8-ball.

Having the TDF on Dr. Dave's list for comparison would be great.

So Jaden or Mike Frost, anyone who goes to Steinway...please grab us those measurements? We would be extremely grateful.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

He was behind by 5 games after the first day at 33-28.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis plays good on tight tables... I played him in 2007 on the Florida Tour and said then that he's the straightest shot maker I'd ever seen.... all balls hit center of pocket. Very smart player, :)

I agree that he shoots straighter than anybody I've ever seen with the possible exception of Earl when Earl's head is on straight.

I think Orcullo has to be favored against anybody on the table they played on. His shot accuracy is astounding.