Dennis vs. SVB Full Story- Truth From the Inside

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just had a long conversation with Dennis and he laid out the whole thing for me from beginning to end. Dennis is like a son to me and even calls me father. He will not lie to me and I believe what he just told me 100%! Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves for condemning Dennis so quickly with only French's word to back you up. YOU WERE WRONG, VERY WRONG!

First and foremost French DID NOT front Dennis $6,500 for DCC expenses! That was lie number one by French. Second, French DID NOT give Dennis $10,000 up front money for the match with Shane! Lie number two by French. French did give Dennis $1,300 for his expenses and in return he received over $5,000 in Tiger cues (wholesale value). Dennis wanted Tony from Tiger to send him his Quarterly check (from his sponsorship agreement with Tiger) but French literally begged Dennis to get all cues instead. Dennis did that as a favor to French, telling him that he could only give him one or two cues (he received eight). French wanted all eight and promised Dennis money in return. Dennis has yet to receive any money for the cues he gave John F.

French was the one wooing Dennis from the start, even before he came to the USA. He offered Dennis accommodations at his home and made him other promises if Dennis would make a DVD with him. French picked Dennis up at Midway airport and on the ride to his house told him that the guy producing the DVD wanted a contract with Dennis. He conveniently had the contract with him in the car. Dennis told him he could not sign the contract because he could not understand it. French repeatedly told him, "Trust me Dennis, you can trust me. It's only for the DVD!" Later that day Dennis did in fact sign the contract in a lawyers office (she was John's sister in law), that he had not read! John repeatedly said it was for DVD's only and his sister in law never corrected him. He trusted French and his "lawyer."

French wanted to stake Dennis at DCC and asked Dennis if he could. Dennis told him several times that he already had a sponsor and John could only stake him in cash games and calcuttas. French kept on pestering Dennis to stake him and finally Dennis relented and allowed French to stake him in some small tournaments, like 1-2,000 added events. When Dennis heard later that John was telling people at DCC that he staked Dennis, Dennis called him in his room at 4 AM and went down there to confront him. Dennis asked him why he was telling people that and John vehemently denied ever saying it.

John did stake Dennis in several cash games, and they were tough games for Dennis that he didn't always want to play. John insisted Dennis play anyway and Dennis lost more than he won. Dennis did not feel responsible for the losses but in the interest of being a good guy he freely offered John 5% of his winnings at DCC. Dennis got 70% of what he won (about $14,000) and gave John $700. John thanked him for doing that.

Dennis did get a free room at DCC and John begged Dennis to let him stay with him. Dennis did not want to stay with John and ended up giving his free room to John and he stayed with Justin and Sky. There's more but that's enough for now. I believe what Dennis just told me and the rest of you can believe what you want. Vicious rumors are more fun than the truth anyway. :cool:

Last edited:

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just had a long conversation with Dennis and he laid out the whole thing for me from beginning to end. Dennis is like a son to me and even calls me father. He will not lie to me and I believe what he just told me 100%! Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves for condemning Dennis so quickly with only French's word to back you up. YOU WERE WRONG, VERY WRONG!

First and foremost French DID NOT front Dennis $6,500 for DCC expenses. That was lie number one by French. Second, French did not give Dennis $10,000 up front money for the match with Shane. Lie number two by French! French did give Dennis $1,300 for his expenses and in return he received over $5,000 in Tiger cues (wholesale value). Dennis wanted Tony from Tiger to send him his Quarterly check (from his sponsorship agreement with Tiger) but French literally begged Dennis to get all cues instead. Dennis did that as a favor to French, telling him that he could only give him one or two cues (he received eight). French wanted all eight and promised Dennis money in return. Dennis has yet to receive any money for the cues he gave John F.

French was the one wooing Dennis from the start, even before he came to the USA. He offered Dennis accommodations at his home and made him other promises if Dennis would make a DVD with him. French picked Dennis up at Midway airport and on the ride to his house told him that the guy producing the DVD wanted a contract with Dennis. He conveniently had the contract with him in the car. Dennis told him he could not sign the contract because he could not understand it. French repeatedly told him, "Trust me Dennis, you can trust me. It's only for the DVD!" Later that day Dennis did in fact sign the contract in a lawyers office (she was John's sister in law), that he could not read! John repeatedly said it was for DVD's only and his sister in law never corrected him. He trusted French and his "lawyer."

French wanted to stake Dennis at DCC and asked Dennis if he could. Dennis told him that he already had a sponsor and John could only stake him in cash games and calcuttas. French kept on pestering Dennis to stake him and finally Dennis relented and allowed French to stake him in some small tournaments, like 1-2,000 added events. When Dennis heard later that John was telling people at DCC that he staked Dennis, Dennis called him in his room at 4 AM and went down there to confront him. Dennis asked him why he was saying that he staked him in the tournament and John vehemently denied ever saying it.

John did stake Dennis in several cash games, and they were tough games forDennis that he did not always want to play. John insisted Dennis play anyway and Dennis lost more than he won. Dennis did not feel responsible for the losses but in the interest of being a good guy he freely offered John 5% of his winnings at DCC. Dennis got 70% of what he won (about $14,000) and gave John $700. John thanked him for doing that.

Dennis did get a free room at DCC and John begged Dennis to let him stay with him. Dennis did not want to stay with John and ended up giving his free room to John and he stayed with Justin and Sky.

There's more but that's enough for now. I believe what Dennis just told me and the rest of you can believe what you want. Vicious rumors are more fun than the truth anyway. :cool:

Thanks for the clarification. No more assumptions from me I promise.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Dennis had gotten 6500 from French, he would've not mind staying in the same room as French.

Someone gives you 5000+, would you hate and despise that person, refusing to stay in the same room as them??

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

First and foremost French DID NOT front Dennis $6,500 for DCC expenses! That was lie number one by French. Second, French did not give Dennis $10,000 up front money for the match with Shane! Lie number two by French. French did give Dennis $1,300 for his expenses and in return he received over $5,000 in Tiger cues (wholesale value). Dennis wanted Tony from Tiger to send him his Quarterly check (from his sponsorship agreement with Tiger) but French literally begged Dennis to get all cues instead. Dennis did that as a favor to French, telling him that he could only give him one or two cues (he received eight). French wanted all eight and promised Dennis money in return. Dennis has yet to receive any money for the cues he gave John F.

French was the one wooing Dennis from the start, even before he came to the USA. He offered Dennis accommodations at his home and made him other promises if Dennis would make a DVD with him. French picked Dennis up at Midway airport and on the ride to his house told him that the guy producing the DVD wanted a contract with Dennis. He conveniently had the contract with him in the car. Dennis told him he could not sign the contract because he could not understand it. French repeatedly told him, "Trust me Dennis, you can trust me. It's only for the DVD!" Later that day Dennis did in fact sign the contract in a lawyers office (she was John's sister in law), that he had not read! John repeatedly said it was for DVD's only and his sister in law never corrected him. He trusted French and his "lawyer."

French wanted to stake Dennis at DCC and asked Dennis if he could. Dennis told him several times that he already had a sponsor and John could only stake him in cash games and calcuttas. French kept on pestering Dennis to stake him and finally Dennis relented and allowed French to stake him in some small tournaments, like 1-2,000 added events. When Dennis heard later that John was telling people at DCC that he staked Dennis, Dennis called him in his room at 4 AM and went down there to confront him. Dennis asked him why he was telling people that and John vehemently denied ever saying it.

John did stake Dennis in several cash games, and they were tough games for Dennis that he didn't always want to play. John insisted Dennis play anyway and Dennis lost more than he won. Dennis did not feel responsible for the losses but in the interest of being a good guy he freely offered John 5% of his winnings at DCC. Dennis got 70% of what he won (about $14,000) and gave John $700. John thanked him for doing that.

Dennis did get a free room at DCC and John begged Dennis to let him stay with him. Dennis did not want to stay with John and ended up giving his free room to John and he stayed with Justin and Sky. There's more but that's enough for now. I believe what Dennis just told me and the rest of you can believe what you want. Vicious rumors are more fun than the truth anyway. :cool:
Uh, oh.....
Tnx Jay.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
If Dennis had gotten 6500 from French, he would've not mind staying in the same room as French.

Someone gives you 5000+, would you hate and despise that person, refusing to stay in the same room as them??

I believe that as much as I believe he can bring Dennis's family here.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

First and foremost French DID NOT front Dennis $6,500 for DCC expenses! That was lie number one by French. Second, French DID NOT give Dennis $10,000 up front money for the match with Shane! Lie number two by French. French did give Dennis $1,300 for his expenses and in return he received over $5,000 in Tiger cues (wholesale value). Dennis wanted Tony from Tiger to send him his Quarterly check (from his sponsorship agreement with Tiger) but French literally begged Dennis to get all cues instead. Dennis did that as a favor to French, telling him that he could only give him one or two cues (he received eight). French wanted all eight and promised Dennis money in return. Dennis has yet to receive any money for the cues he gave John F.

What is clear is both Dennis and French have stories that are 180 degrees apart. One, or both of them, is outright lying.

So far, it has been he said she said. From both of them. Jay, do you have any proof of what Dennis said to be true? At the same time, does anyone have any proof of what French said to be true? Both of them told a VERY convincing story on their podcasts. Both stories sounded very believable.

Jay, I'm not picking on you, but one, or both of them is clearly lying through their teeth. If this was in front of Judge Judy, I honestly don't know who she would believe. She'd probably throw them both out of court.

There is probably no way to prove anything. Any money changing hands was probably all physical cash money, and I'd be shocked if any receipts were given.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
French said during the Ko match Dennis had 25K of his OWN MONEY on the Shane match.

When he said that, I immediately figure this guy can make up some stuff.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
French said during the Ko match Dennis had 25K of his OWN MONEY on the Shane match.

When he said that, I immediately figure this guy can make up some stuff.

Yes, he did, I heard that also, and thought the same. But, during the podcast, French clarified that statement. French was giving Dennis 10k up front from his pocket, and then 5K from the gate. So Dennis was only putting up 10K of "his own" cash, and 15K of cash that French gave (or will give) him. French was going to put up the other 25K, to equal 50k.

Of course if French was truthful in the podcast...

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Jay,

You need to start another thread on this - to clear the air - because if this is the case French greatly exaggerated his outlays.

Based on what I know about you, I'm going to accept your word as fact and it sounds like JF story is largely BS.

At this stage, their stories diverge so greatly, we should only accept information from French that is supported by evidence. I don't need that from Jay.

Chris

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay,

You need to start another thread on this - to clear the air - because if this is the case French greatly exaggerated his outlays.

Based on what I know about you, I'm going to accept your word as fact and it sounds like JF story is largely BS.

At this stage, their stories diverge so greatly, we should only accept information from French that is supported by evidence. I don't need that from Jay.

Chris

But what evidence does Jay have? Just his belief that Dennis won't lie to him? That is zero evidence. I'm not saying who I believe, I've flip flopped already now. And for that reason, I don't believe either one now. Jay's phone call with Dennis is not proof of anything. No offense to Jay, or to Dennis. But it is simply not proof.

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
Keep on supporting gambling in pool and the future of the game will be bright and secured.

Justin Bergman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis Orcullo

Everything John French said was a lie. I was in the same room as Dennis and heard every conversation between the two of them and between the Sword brothers. I don't feel like typing everything but I can tell everyone 1000% John French is trying to take advantage of Dennis. He bought me in a calcutta once and told me he was going to give me half and ended up giving around 1-2 percent. He is a liar and greedy backer. He lies so much I think he believes his own lies. He also owes a good friend of mine $13,000 and stiffed him gave him a Schon cue worth $1,500 and thinks they are even because Frenchy told him it's worth $13,000. I think it's funny two weeks ago at Derby he was saying nobody on Earth could beat Dennis and he has so much heart. No he is saying Dennis is heartless and has no gamble and Shane would rob him lol. That is the John French I know.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Everything John French said was a lie. I was in the same room as Dennis and heard every conversation between the two of them and between the Sword brothers. I don't feel like typing everything but I can tell everyone 1000% John French is trying to take advantage of Dennis. He bought me in a calcutta once and told me he was going to give me half and ended up giving around 1-2 percent. He is a liar and greedy backer. He lies so much I think he believes his own lies. He also owes a good friend of mine $13,000 and stiffed him gave him a Schon cue worth $1,500 and thinks they are even because Frenchy told him it's worth $13,000. I think it's funny two weeks ago at Derby he was saying nobody on Earth could beat Dennis and he has so much heart. No he is saying Dennis is heartless and has no gamble and Shane would rob him lol. That is the John French I know.
Well, finally we have a first hand account. French says that he recorded the conversation with Sword, so maybe he can produce a typed-up transcript of the conversation. It seems like that is the only way to prove his side of this.

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Justin, any news on his other players yet? Sounded like Darren, Ko brothers, and Shaw were now playing for French - after all this s#it do you know if they're still going to play for him or no?

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
First and foremost French DID NOT front Dennis $6,500 for DCC expenses! That was lie number one by French. Second, French DID NOT give Dennis $10,000 up front money for the match with Shane! Lie number two by French.

John repeatedly said it was for DVD's only and his sister in law never corrected him. He trusted French and his "lawyer."
Out of the big long list of items, these two are the only two points that jump out as being important.

If French did not give Dennis $6500, then he is a wacko, a liar, and psychopathic.

If his sister in law is the "lawyer", then that is another big strike against French and his side of the story.

Justin Bergman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know about other players

I have no clue about the other players. I did see Darren say on here he would let French back him in money games and that is it. Darren said he wasn't signing anything. I was also in the room when Alan Sword and French talked and I never heard one time them mentioning $6,500.

bicki

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thx for justin bergman shedding some light on this! Very interesting...

iirc darren posted on FB that he has NOT signed anything with French. French just offered to back him in possible future money match-ups. Of course, Darren agreed to it. No obligation and possibility of winning, IF Frenchy were able to put sth together.

Ko brothers apparently have signed a similar contract like Dennis. But of course we have no proof of that.

I have said numerous times who curious I am whether Shaw and Morra signed a "contract" or have the same verbal non-binding agreement with French like Darren has!!??

Maybe Justin knows about that, since he is around the others quite often?

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I just had a long conversation with Dennis and he laid out the whole thing for me from beginning to end. Dennis is like a son to me and even calls me father. He will not lie to me and I believe what he just told me 100%! Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves for condemning Dennis so quickly with only French's word to back you up. YOU WERE WRONG, VERY WRONG
I wouldn't jump on your high horse just yet. Per Dennis's own interview, he basically admitted that he is fine with not disclosing the true amount in the middle, for the Ko match and for the Shane match. Since Dennis was getting a cut of the stream, he was fine with not telling anyone how much was being played for. This is bad enough on it's own.

raise1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure how much weight my words carry, but there is at least 1 thing that JF said on the Podcast that was different from what he told me in person at the Derby. Very different .

What is clear is both Dennis and French have stories that are 180 degrees apart. One, or both of them, is outright lying.

So far, it has been he said she said. From both of them. Jay, do you have any proof of what Dennis said to be true? At the same time, does anyone have any proof of what French said to be true? Both of them told a VERY convincing story on their podcasts. Both stories sounded very believable.

Jay, I'm not picking on you, but one, or both of them is clearly lying through their teeth. If this was in front of Judge Judy, I honestly don't know who she would believe. She'd probably throw them both out of court.

There is probably no way to prove anything. Any money changing hands was probably all physical cash money, and I'd be shocked if any receipts were given.