Diamond "Red" label Bar box

Runnintable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All,

Suggestions on what direction to go to change rails to play similar to blue label.

I have a red label bar box Diamond table, I am way over due for new felt. At this time I do not want the action I get from the red label cushions anymore. way too much travel. I have my motivations to mimic tournament play to enhance the quality of my practice.

so, question do I sell table and order new table? or redo the rails when I put new felt on it.

I did contact Diamond and they gave me a quote for new rails. they mention a discount if I included the old rails. One good thing about my current table is it has the Dymondwood, which is no longer available. they can do the new rails in oak with a "diamond" cherry stain that would be same color.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All,

Suggestions on what direction to go to change rails to play similar to blue label.

I have a red label bar box Diamond table, I am way over due for new felt. At this time I do not want the action I get from the red label cushions anymore. way too much travel. I have my motivations to mimic tournament play to enhance the quality of my practice.

so, question do I sell table and order new table? or redo the rails when I put new felt on it.

I did contact Diamond and they gave me a quote for new rails. they mention a discount if I included the old rails. One good thing about my current table is it has the Dymondwood, which is no longer available. they can do the new rails in oak with a "diamond" cherry stain that would be same color.
New top is around 2000bux iirc. You can get subrails redone to Blue label specs. With new rubber, cloth and labor it might be a wash. Not sure what a good mech. would charge for that. Someone will chime in.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
All,

The new top is a good option if you dont have someone near that can perform the work. There are many variables. Where are you located?
00Z0Z_6BdrmcV8fVw_0fu08Q_600x450 - Copy (1) - Copy.jpg

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Trent,

I am in Long Island , NY
Its gonna cost ya a bunch to pack that top up and ship it and also freight for the new top. This is the most affordable route IMO
On the flip side, you could order a new diamond, hold on to yours and sell it when the new one is scheduled for delivery. This is the BEST route IMO. If you need help, my card is up a few posts, I travel up to Maine often and have clients on Long Island!

TFT

realkingcobra

Silver Member
All,

Call me 702-927-5689