DigiCue orders start shipping today (10/31/16)

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just received mine today.
I installed the digicue into the larger rubber housing, slipped it onto the butt of my cue, turned it on and it vibrated.
Then I tried some really bad strokes and I can't feel any vibration.
It will vibrate if I strike the butt of the cue with the palm of my hand.
I tried all three modes and I can't get it to detect a bad stroke.

I discovered that you actually have to strike the cue ball before it detects a bad stroke. :(
I was hopping it would detect practice strokes without hitting a ball because I don't have a pool table at home.

So I practiced a few strokes on my bed with a cue ball and no chalk.
Using only center ball shooting the cue ball into a pillow.
My normal stroke did not set it off on levels 1 and 2.
On level 3 any time I stroked harder than soft, it vibrated.

I try it for real tomorrow.

Al, I'm glad you got your DigiCue so quickly.

The reason that the DigiCue doesn't detect practice strokes is just for that reason; we don't want it to start vibrating while a player is performing practice/warm-up strokes. Additionally, the DigiCue attempts to trigger only on forward-going axial impacts, and also has thresholds to help it determine if a cue ball was hit. This prevents false triggers if you chalk your tip, hit a ball with the cue to move it around, accidentally tap the cue stick, etc.

I find that once you introduce an object ball with a target pocket, and a location for the object ball to travel to on a real pool table, your brain really starts pulling your body away from the stroke execution much sooner than if you practice at home with just a cue ball. It is surprising. I am curious to hear what you think after trying it tonight.

V/r,

Nate

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After looking at your order this morning it apparently already shipped out. It looks like the shipment status on our website had not been updated, sorry about that. Tracking information has been emailed to you and your DigiCue is out for delivery today. Thank you for your patience and enjoy it!

:thumbup::thumbup:

Woot. Thanks Shane.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMG_1909.jpg

Tadah!

plague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I teach quite a bit and am now using the digicue as a tool in some training sessions
It is a perfect tool to give direct feedback to the player
It makes them bear down more and work harder on the basics of a proper stroke
Smooth delivery, straight through the ball without lateral movement

Definitely added value

Alex Lely

SilverCue

Sir Raksalot
Silver Member
Al, I'm glad you got your DigiCue so quickly.

The reason that the DigiCue doesn't detect practice strokes is just for that reason; we don't want it to start vibrating while a player is performing practice/warm-up strokes. Additionally, the DigiCue attempts to trigger only on forward-going axial impacts, and also has thresholds to help it determine if a cue ball was hit. This prevents false triggers if you chalk your tip, hit a ball with the cue to move it around, accidentally tap the cue stick, etc.

I find that once you introduce an object ball with a target pocket, and a location for the object ball to travel to on a real pool table, your brain really starts pulling your body away from the stroke execution much sooner than if you practice at home with just a cue ball. It is surprising. I am curious to hear what you think after trying it tonight.

V/r,

Nate

I used to have a very smooth straight stroke and was a multi rack runner.
I quit in 1997 after 30 years of continuous playing do to work.
I started again in 2013 after retiring and fighting cancer.
Since then my game has been all over the board.
I've been concentrating on smooth since September with some improvement.

Today I played with the DigiCue for about 3 games then I loaned it to the best player in the room and he used it for over an hour. He said it stopped buzzing after a couple of games :)
After using it for a few games, I felt a deeper level of concentration even without the DigiCue and my play improved. I hope to try it again on Sunday with improved results.
I'm sure I'll have more share requests in the future.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to have a very smooth straight stroke and was a multi rack runner.
I quit in 1997 after 30 years of continuous playing do to work.
I started again in 2013 after retiring and fighting cancer.
Since then my game has been all over the board.
I've been concentrating on smooth since September with some improvement.

Today I played with the DigiCue for about 3 games then I loaned it to the best player in the room and he used it for over an hour. He said it stopped buzzing after a couple of games :)
After using it for a few games, I felt a deeper level of concentration even without the DigiCue and my play improved. I hope to try it again on Sunday with improved results.
I'm sure I'll have more share requests in the future.

Al, I'm happy that you found the DigiCue helpful to your game already. Enjoy!

Last edited: