• Yes.. 7 foot

Votes: 32 12.6%
  • No.. I only play in a room or bar

Votes: 40 15.7%

• Total voters

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
0628111946.jpg8 foot american heritage independence. 1 inch 3 piece slate. Championship Titan cloth.
Love it! Got it from a guy in Cincinnati on ebay. He bought several from a billiard outlet close out.
No one else bid on it so I got it for opening Bid. 800 bucks brand new (well never assembled).
Paid for it self over and over if you figure 50 cents a game.

Last edited:

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
im sure my pool table has already payed for itself within my year and a half of having it. use gas to go pay to play at a pool hall or bar and usually end up getting drinks and such just because im there, I may not be able to even fit a chair in my livingroom now, but having it is worth everything else im giving up

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Expecting a new Diamond Pro in about 3 weeks. It has been on order for 3 weeks. Looking at carpet tomorrow afternoon and set up the install. This will be my second Diamond Pro, I sold the first one to a good friend.

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are a pool player though, for the price of a cheap used car you can have a great table that will last you a lifetime. Come on, who would not want that. Many people have RV's and boats they tie up tens of thousands of dollars in they hardly ever use. A pool table they will use every day, add to that a pool table will actually pay for it's self many times over. It's not even a close call decision.

It was never the cost of the table for me, I had plenty of money. It was the size of the home(s) we lived in. We've moved 13 times since we got married 35 years ago. Not one place had a big enough space to put in a table until we bought this one two years ago. Once I saw this house with its big open walk-out basement, all I could think of was that I was finally going to get my own table.

Here's a shot after first the 26' truck full of possessions got unloaded (there would be two more 17' trucks worth of junk to come). The second shot is basically where I am at the present. Building this room was the most satisfying and rewarding project in all of my 62 years.

Cost of table and accessories - $3000
Cost of a building to surround that table - $175,000
Being able to go downstairs and play whenever I want - Priceless, of course.

Attachments

• Before And After.jpg
    Before And After.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 266

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Brunswick Madison , Pro 8 , bigger than a 4x8 but smaller than a 4 1/2 x 9 . Love it . Jim

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
nope...

I don't own my own table, I own Mike wasowski's table....

:cool::rolleyes::thumbup::thumbup:

But I let him hit a few balls on it once in a while...

Jaden

CMarshall

D player at best
Silver Member
Here is my bar and table, it's not a Gold Crown or a Diamond, but it's mine. All mine!

Obviously, we've changed the floor since I got the table.

Last edited:

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
Had a diamond sold her got my self valley bar box now I loved the diamond but what I play on most is valley so I got one of those when me and my gf buy our new house ill be getting a 9ft diamond. Till then its the bar box :grin:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
A 9' Gold Crown in my avatar pic, more pics in my profile albums if anyone wants to see. Got it 2 1/2 years ago right after I started playing for $300.00 including that cool floor standing double sided Brunswick cue rack and a Hoppe Titlist to boot. Its a GCII that was originally white, we stained it and had it upgraded to Artemis cushions, 4 1/2" pockets, and Simonis a year and a half ago. I think we ended up with at least 10 cans of stain in different colors and manufacturers before we found one that matched rails. It was a privately owned rarely used table its whole life, till we got it anyways, I use it almost every day, but I just dont seem to be getting any better.:angry:

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
]I have a rare bird indeed. A solid cherry Diamond table with a blue label Diamonwood walnut rails and a Gold Crown light! What's there not to like!

Also have a 9ft Brunswick Anniverasary in storage for some later use.

20140421_180821_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Attachments

• 20140421_180821_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20140421_180821_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 186

tonemachine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9' GCII as seen on avatar. Got it a month or so ago. My first table ever. Its my first house that would hold a 9 footer but in retrospect I should have bought any size table that would have fit in my houses/apartments long ago. You lose the pool hall feel playing at home but it pays for itself in no time and you play more and get better faster. It helps to put on Pandora and create a station based one George Jones. Im not even a country music fan but for some reason the rebel country music brings an little pool hall grit home.

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
I've had a table in my house since I was too short to see over the rails. Growing up we always had a 7ft valley in the basement. Then in my adult life I've had a 9' diamond pro-am in my garage, years later I had a 9' gold crown III in my living room, sold my house and put an oversized 8' brunswick medalist in the living room of my new house, a few days ago I moved to phoenix, az into a house with a huge rectangular living room where my girlfriend and I are planning on putting a 9' gold crown III in. Every house I ever live in until the day I die will have a table. It's bad when you go to look at possible houses you want to live in and bring a tape measure with you to make sure one of the rooms has enough space for a 9' table and full backswing without hitting any walls. Screw the couch and entertainment center, that's what the second or third bedroom is for, question is, is this living room big enough for a 9' gold crown or pro-am? Is what we find ourselves asking. Lol. I'm lucky enough to have a girlfriend that I live with who is just as big into pool as I am so it all works out quite well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk