Doc Frye Pool Cues

michaelmcgarry1

Love that bumperless butt cap. Awesome Frye.
I remember that model. Cost about $50-$65. . Nice cue. Absolutely a keeper. If you can locate Barry Szamboti he would be your best source for value (I think)
Hello GoldCrown, Thanks for your responses regarding my Doc Frye Cue. I posted it online and found a buyer for $500. He will pay for shipping and insurance. As you know, this Cue has been in my family since 1968 and was owned by my brother RIP. It’s a bit emotional for me to sell. You replied in a previous thread, “Awesome Frye. It’s a keeper. Nice Cue. Keep it forever.“ Etc. However, I believe my brother would be OK with me selling it as I would be buying something very special with the funds. I know this is a very difficult question to answer, but what are your personal thoughts on selling a family heirloom like this? I don’t really use it and could put the funds to good use. Or, I could just hold onto the Cue and when I do shoot pool take it out and treasure the moment. I just wanted to know your thoughts as I respect your comments on these forums. There’s also the possibility that when shipping an item things could go wrong and get messy. I’m thinking about holding onto this Cue forever. Thanks so much.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Honestly… it’s only a piece of wood. Never going to use it? It’s going to sit… sell and use the cash for something else. It can’t be that sentimental if you keep thinking about selling it.
If it were mine or my brothers it stays. That’s me. I never use mine but it stays. If you do not sell and decide to sell again in Summer I’ll match the $500. Cash in person no hassles. I’ll send to Proficient Billiards for a full restoration. And it’ll sit on the wall and do nothing.

michaelmcgarry1

Honestly… it’s only a piece of wood. Never going to use it? It’s going to sit… sell and use the cash for something else. It can’t be that sentimental if you keep thinking about selling it.
If it were mine or my brothers it stays. That’s me. I never use mine but it stays. If you do not sell and decide to sell again in Summer I’ll match the $500. Cash in person no hassles. I’ll send to Proficient Billiards for a full restoration. And it’ll sit on the wall and do nothing.
You are a good person! Thanks for the reply and your generous offer. I sold it. I’m going to buy something my brother would approve of. Thanks again.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You are a good person! Thanks for the reply and your generous offer. I sold it. I’m going to buy something my brother would approve of. Thanks again.
Your brother would be happy knowing the Doc is still appreciated by many. Enjoy whatever you buy. Just have fun

GT819

Ebony Frye

Attached are a few pictures of an ebony Doc Frye Merry Window I obtained last year.
Just noticed your post from July 2017. Have to disagree with you regarding your ebony "Doc Frye" cue. I believe it's a Rich Stingray Jet. I've got one... NOS, never chalked. Check cue "F" in the attached catalog pics. (I believe the inked in number are the original retail prices!)

Attachments

• RichQ3.jpg
    RichQ3.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 176
  • RichQ2.jpg
    RichQ2.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 178

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My DF shrunk.... Special thanks to CueBuddy for the mini replica.

Attachments

• IMG_0651.jpeg
    IMG_0651.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0622.jpeg
    IMG_0622.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3997_3.jpeg
    IMG_3997_3.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 2010112054554_Doc Frye 2.jpeg
    2010112054554_Doc Frye 2.jpeg