Doc Frye shaft - fit of piloted shafts

rostym

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I recently obtained a Doc Frye cue. I plan on making this cue my player, and I am looking to purchase a Jacoby Black carbon shaft for it. The pin is piloted 5/16x14 and I'd like to purchase a shaft that matches the diameter at the joint, and the piloted pin. Does anyone here know what cues have similar piloted pin and what the diameter of a Doc Frye is at the joint? I've seen a piloted shaft for a Schoen cue advertised, but I understand that the pilot portion for a Schoen cue is larger than most and I'd prefer not to have the piloted portion turned down to the proper dia. Thanks for any help you can provide.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you want it to have the pilot making contact at all, you would be better off getting the Schon version and getting it trimmed. The alternative,like here: https://seyberts.com/collections/ja...carbon-fiber-cue-shaft?variant=42699880267974

Should fit but won't make much contact. Jacoby also makes a version of their own pilot from when Jacoby made cues in that joint. It looks larger but no guarantee on fit for you.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk