Doctor Dave is way too modest!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I was poking around his web-site this a.m., and discovered this. Yes he sells DVD's, and a Set of DVD he sell. The prices seem reasonable, and there is a DEMO of the DVD quality at the First Link.:smile:

Plus Dr. Dave has a Very cool Web-Site with just about any question about Pool answered in GREAT DETAIL! Subjects from Almost "A"-"Z".:smile:

Check out the links you will not be pondering your time!!!

mr_griff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree

I think he honestly just loves the game and gives back to the game with his attempts to help people understand it. The amount of free billiards info he gives out far exceeds anything I have seen. I don't know if he makes much with his DVD sales, but I suspect any proceeds go back to allowing him more time to teach what he knows about the game. I think he understands he has something to offer to the game, and his unique background make him qualified to do so.

The pity little comments on the aiming threads from people who have done little to nothing for the game of pool really piss me off. They treat their little piece of knowledge attained as sacred and mock people who think a system should be able to be proven in a scientific way. I think there are more than one means to an end, and not everyone needs to take an analytical approach, but a little more civilty in debating these issues is a must. I have read a lot of Dave's work and appreciate his efforts.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Anyone who has been around here for a while develops there own sense of who the guys are that really contribute and who's on here mainly to promote themselves.

Dave is one of the good guys. :thumbup:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
If you're looking for something specific and can't find it on Dr. Daves site, you're not looking hard enuff.
His ref quiz helped me understand and if I ever need a refresher, I just go back and review.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he honestly just loves the game and gives back to the game with his attempts to help people understand it. The amount of free billiards info he gives out far exceeds anything I have seen. I don't know if he makes much with his DVD sales, but I suspect any proceeds go back to allowing him more time to teach what he knows about the game. I think he understands he has something to offer to the game, and his unique background make him qualified to do so.

The pity little comments on the aiming threads from people who have done little to nothing for the game of pool really piss me off. They treat their little piece of knowledge attained as sacred and mock people who think a system should be able to be proven in a scientific way. I think there are more than one means to an end, and not everyone needs to take an analytical approach, but a little more civilty in debating these issues is a must. I have read a lot of Dave's work and appreciate his efforts.

I may piss you off, but lets keep this about Dr.Dave. He has some of the very best free info available anywhere.

victorcubed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you guys like his online archive, be sure to check out Dr Dave's book "The Illustrated Principles of Pool and Billiards." This is definitely one of my favorites!

Beer:30

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was poking around his web-site this a.m., and discovered this. Yes he sells DVD's, and a Set of DVD he sell. The prices seem reasonable, and there is a DEMO of the DVD quality at the First Link.:smile:

Plus Dr. Dave has a Very cool Web-Site with just about any question about Pool answered in GREAT DETAIL! Subjects from Almost "A"-"Z".:smile:

+1

dr_dave is a billiard knowledge philanthropist.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you Coco and everybody else. It feels good to know that so many people appreciate my hard work. Threads like this help inspire me to do even more.

Thanks again to everybody,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
He has some of the very best free info available anywhere.
Cookie,

This means a lot to me, especially since we don't always "see eye to eye" on the CTE thing. I look forward to cookies and pool with Cookie Man some day. Maybe Spidey can also join us. I'm sure we would get along great.

Catch you later,
Dave

xtrmbrdr

Registered
I went through a lot of the free stuff on Dr Dave's web site before deciding to purchase VEPS and the IPPB combo. There is so much info on these disks it will probably take me a lifetime to get through. I consider myself a "technofob" so I love the addtional info on the website, but the disks are the stuff of genius, jmho.

FreeShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Coco and everybody else. It feels good to know that so many people appreciate my hard work. Threads like this help inspire me to do even more.

Thanks again to everybody,
Dave

Absolutely love your website. It's the best resource for pool information. Thanks.

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand that people have different opinions about different aspects of pool .. and I respect that.

Regardless of ANYONE'S opinions, you have to agree that Dr. Dave has a true love for this sport, does everything he can to further everyone's knowledge of it, and is always willing to provide help. Even with him having DVDs for sale, I've never seen him attempt to hold back any info and just say "buy my DVD for the answer". He's willing to share his knowledge just because of his love of the sport and you have to respect him for that.

As one of many who has used your website and learned from your sharing, I would also like to say "thank you".

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Dr. Daves page is by far the most including in the world-wide-web. Here you ll find definitley all you re searching/looking for. Ton s of informations and further good links to further info-pages.
With page Dave did an amazing benefit to our sport pool-billiards.

We need ppl like you Dave, keep searching for *the answer* :p

lg from overseas

Ingo

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Dr. Dave once set my broken ulna with a lucasi shaft and duck tape. He is a man among men and the reason I quit drinking.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I went through a lot of the free stuff on Dr Dave's web site before deciding to purchase VEPS and the IPPB combo. There is so much info on these disks it will probably take me a lifetime to get through. I consider myself a "technofob" so I love the addtional info on the website, but the disks are the stuff of genius, jmho.
Now you guys are going to start making my head big, especially with flattering stuff like the bold statement.

Thanks again to everybody for all of the supportive comments. I really appreciate it.

Regards,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dr. Dave once set my broken ulna with a lucasi shaft and duck tape.
That must have been after that night I spent at the Holiday Inn Express. :D

He is a man among men and the reason I quit drinking.
I hope you don't fall off the wagon when it "swerves." ;)

Seriously, I really appreciate all of the support you provided over on the aiming threads recently. You most definitely helped provide some good insight, and you "watched my back" several times.

Thanks,
Dave

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Now all the guys are gonna rib us. "Hey when's the wedding CreeDo?!"

IT'S IN THE FALL GUYS