Domestic Table Culture (Atlanta)

gehawe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Going on a business trip in October to Atlanta. The Missus asked me what I am doing in the evening. I told her that I will be exploring the domestic table culture. She looked a bit puzzled but probably had something social or cultural in mind.

However, on my mind is a good Steak and some racks of Pool later :grin:

Can you give me recommendations, where to go in North / East Atlanta?

Regards

Gerhard

Jerry Forsyth

Johnny Archer owns the Marietta Billiard Club on Roswell Road in Marietta, just north of Atlanta. Really good food and Johnny is a good guy to pick up pointers from. He is just down the street from the Big Chicken. If you do not know what the Big Chicken is, you will after you come to Atlanta.

Here all directions start with: "From the Big Chicken you go..."

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steak

Kevin Rathbun Steak in Old Fourth Ward has some great steaks. Pricey, but among the best steaks in Atlanta. Honorable mention to McKendrick's near Perimeter Mall on the North side.

Despite their Geocities-esque web site, Mr. Cues II is one of the top pool halls in the metro area. It's in Embry Hills near Spaghetti Junction (the intersection of I-85 and I-285 on the NE side of town). They have like 40 or so 8 & 9 foot Gold Crowns and two 12' snooker tables.

More in-town in East Atlanta, you have Twain's Brewpub & Billiards in Decatur. Nice beer selection and good tables there too. Non-smoking, unlike Mr. Cues.

Last edited:

The Captain

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For steaks.... Bones, BAR NONE!!!! Old school Rat Pack type joint.

As for the "table culture"... NE side is Mr Cues II in Tucker at the junction of 85/285. NW has Cues in Marietta (12 Kimsteel 9 footers, 2 Diamond 9 footers, 10 Kimsteel 8 footers, 1 Diamond pro cut pockets, and 1 Gold Crown triple shimmed. NW Marietta Billiards (Johnny'd place, although he's RARELY there). 12 Olhausen 9 footers, 11 single shimmed Gold Crowns, and 1 double shimmed GC. Non-smoking, non-vape. NW Kennesaw Billiards... multiple 9 foot styles (GC's, Diamonds, even an old Meucci table). Marietta Billiard Club runs tourneys Fridays and Saturdays ( 8 & 9 ball). Kennesaw Billiards is mostly 1 hole during the day. My wife and I own the Greater Atlanta BCA Pool League.. Feel free to message for any info ideas.

Last edited:

bmccaslin

Registered Human
Silver Member
Kevin Rathbun Steak in Old Fourth Ward has some great steaks. Pricey, but among the best steaks in Atlanta. Honorable mention to McKendrick's near Perimeter Mall on the North side.

Despite their Geocities-esque web site, Mr. Cues II is one of the top pool halls in the metro area. It's in Embry Hills near Spaghetti Junction (the intersection of I-85 and I-285 on the NE side of town). They have like 40 or so 8 & 9 foot Gold Crowns and two 12' snooker tables.

More in-town in East Atlanta, you have Twain's Brewpub & Billiards in Decatur. Nice beer selection and good tables there too. Non-smoking, unlike Mr. Cues.

This. I second everything mentioned here! :thumbup:

(I live in Tacoma now, but am from Atlanta)

Last edited:

gehawe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you guys!!
I will check these out!
Especially Mr. Cues II looks promising.
:clapping::clapping: