Downloading break tip

giulichajari

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently bought a players jb8 breaking cue and its tip is too pointed like a mountain je.

It would be good justo to download and probably leaving it so flat.?

Enviado desde mi SNE-LX3 mediante Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently bought a players jb8 breaking cue and its tip is too pointed like a mountain je.

It would be good justo to download and probably leaving it so flat.?

yes. you don't want much curve on a break tip. just a little bit of a radius.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Garczar is correct... the more rounded the break tip, the more throw you can have on the shot, especially if you miss Center Ball hits... Miscues are a part of the problem too.

giulichajari

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Garczar is correct... the more rounded the break tip, the more throw you can have on the shot, especially if you miss Center Ball hits... Miscues are a part of the problem too.
Ok thank you.. And what about jumping? Is the same situation.. I have to download the curve..

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did some research on Jumping, albeit not a great deal. I did try a FLAT tip & it was accurate as any tip I'd ever tried. But sometimes, there is a need to hit off center, for a Jump-Masse, so a flat tip is OUT...

In the engineering business, a round end is said to be a crown. The dimension from an imaginary line (outside corner to outside corner) to the tangent of the round, is said to be the crown height. I think my Predator Jump Cue is about 0.040 in height. Works for me... You can read about Break Cues in my book, titled, "The GREAT Break Shot". It's 180 pages.

The crown diameter on my Break Cue is larger than a 50 cent coin.... it has a small crown height, maybe 0.025 of an inch. It has been a long time since I used my Break Cue, as I only play Golf on a Snooker Table anymore. I just turned 77.

Last edited: