Dufferin One Piece Hi-Run House Pool Cue?

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
The finest 1pc house cue made is without doubt the Huebler. They are 58" and have the same shaft/butt taper as their regular cues. All of the points on them are also long and dead nut even.;)

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
Scaramouche said:
Dufferin did go out of business

Cues now made in China.

The production equipment went to China with the name.
It is my understanding That the Dufferin name and equipment was purchased by Cue and Case. The same company that imports Lucasi and Players and Rage. The equipment was all shipped to China and Dufferin cues are now manufacture in China. Altough I don't have any personal experience I doubt the quality will be as good as the originals.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
rackem said:
It is my understanding That the Dufferin name and equipment was purchased by Cue and Case. The same company that imports Lucasi and Players and Rage. The equipment was all shipped to China and Dufferin cues are now manufacture in China. Altough I don't have any personal experience I doubt the quality will be as good as the originals.

I was in the local billiard supply store, they've been selling Dufferin cues for a very long time. Their opinion was that the Dufferins comming out of China were not that bad. I looked at a bunch and they looked fine to me, pretty much the same cue as before from what I can tell.

How wrong can you be, buying a $30 cue ?

Dave

Jigger

Lets Roll....(...(..(.(O
Silver Member
Too bad the economics of low cost foreign imports is so brutal.
Wish I had a solution but WE vote with our dollars everytime we shop.

Makes you wonder how far this trend will go. Chevrolet's built in Taiwan? Telephone operators located in New Dehli? Food processed in Mexico? Defense equipment designed and built in Taiwan?

Glad to have one two-piece Canadian Dufferin - it plays nice.