Earl Strickland lessons @ Steinway

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont see how the bridge can be so damn important when Appleton has won everything there is with an open bridge.

Appleton doesn't shoot with an open bridge all of the time, does he? I would think he uses a closed bridge on draw shots

jbygden

Registered
Ok....ill come clean.....

This is Ron, manager at Fuscos the spot.

As anticipated....Earl has moved into town last week with his girlfriend.

Right down the street from where I live and grew up....and 10 min from the room.

So...as Hes settling in and getting acclimated to our area. He will be coming in regularly during the day to practice and if he wishes , give lessons.

We welcome him to our room, he wasn't hired or recruited by us to be a "house pro" or a form of business publicity/attraction/ sideshow.

Aside from a few extended privileges from the owner(Pete fusco) and I ..he will be one of the guys.

I know he will feel welcome and fit right in.

We all like to joke around ..tell stories and play pool.

I do ask that you book lessons thru his primary sources. I will take a name and number on the house phone but to keep his privacy intact I wont "put earl on" the phone with you unless I know you.

Addressing a few of the other posts on here....

Karen Corr is still here and also books lessons.

Our room is easily accessible from the train. From Trenton or philly and beyond.

Septa R3 line to Neshaminy falls station and just up the hill 2 blocks.

Our room is a social club, so every one must become a member....( including earl) ...to use the facility.

We are a smoking room but between the 25k we just spent on air filtration systems and that during the day only a few guys smoke. So its not bad in there at all.

Additional info is on our facebook page.

So there it is ....straight from the house mans mouth.

Any other questions?...

TRON....signing out.

Cheers Ron!

I've actually just booked my lesson now and will be coming to The Spot on April 3 to meet with Earl

Do you know how long time I need to get to you from New York Penn Station?

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Tronpocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi. I'm not entirely sure. If you go to Google maps it gives you route option for every form of transportation.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
I'd really love to play Earl a few games of 1P. He is an elite player in all disciplines and it would certainly be an honor to try and lock horns with him.

I have heard that he is rather a gentleman. Very gracious and yet you understand that he has a lot to offer and that he really enjoys giving what he has. I should be so lucky.

Who knows?

Lesh

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok....ill come clean.....
This is Ron, manager at Fuscos the spot.

As anticipated....Earl has moved into town last week with his girlfriend.
Right down the street from where I live and grew up....and 10 min from the room.
So...as Hes settling in and getting acclimated to our area. He will be coming in regularly during the day to practice and if he wishes , give lessons.

We welcome him to our room, he wasn't hired or recruited by us to be a "house pro" or a form of business publicity/attraction/ sideshow.

Aside from a few extended privileges from the owner(Pete fusco) and I ..he will be one of the guys.
I know he will feel welcome and fit right in.
We all like to joke around ..tell stories and play pool.

I do ask that you book lessons thru his primary sources. I will take a name and number on the house phone but to keep his privacy intact I wont "put earl on" the phone with you unless I know you.

Addressing a few of the other posts on here....

Karen Corr is still here and also books lessons.

Our room is easily accessible from the train. From Trenton or philly and beyond.
Septa R3 line to Neshaminy falls station and just up the hill 2 blocks.

Our room is a social club, so every one must become a member....( including earl) ...to use the facility.
We are a smoking room but between the 25k we just spent on air filtration systems and that during the day only a few guys smoke. So its not bad in there at all.

Additional info is on our facebook page.

So there it is ....straight from the house mans mouth.

Any other questions?...

TRON....signing out.

How much is it for a membership? If one is to get a lesson from Karen or Earl, do you have to buy a membership? Just asking because if I was visiting it might be for just a few days.

On another topic, does Earl have a sponsor any more? If I recall correctly, Steinway use to sponsor him, but if he doesn't play out of there on a regular basis, I don't imagine that they would continue to sponsor him.

I've been hoping that if Earl got a good sponsor he might travel to the west coast again to play in some tournaments at Hard Times or the Vegas events in July.

jbygden

Registered
I'd really love to play Earl a few games of 1P. He is an elite player in all disciplines and it would certainly be an honor to try and lock horns with him.

I have heard that he is rather a gentleman. Very gracious and yet you understand that he has a lot to offer and that he really enjoys giving what he has. I should be so lucky.

Who knows?

Lesh

You can, for $75/hour. Book a lesson and play

jbygden

Registered
So, for those interested, my lesson with Earl is now booked and ready. Thanks for all tips and comments!

Skickat från min iPhone med AzBilliards Forums

Tronpocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How much is it for a membership? If one is to get a lesson from Karen or Earl, do you have to buy a membership? Just asking because if I was visiting it might be for just a few days.

On another topic, does Earl have a sponsor any more? If I recall correctly, Steinway use to sponsor him, but if he doesn't play out of there on a regular basis, I don't imagine that they would continue to sponsor him.

I've been hoping that if Earl got a good sponsor he might travel to the west coast again to play in some tournaments at Hard Times or the Vegas events in July.

Everyone is required to get a membership. Its 2$.....one time fee...for a lifetime membership.
Being a private or social club status with the state requires us to do so by law.

I don't know if he currently has any sponsors...but...
We are going to sponsor Earl in the S.B.Expo 10 ball event.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone is required to get a membership. Its 2$.....one time fee...for a lifetime membership.
Being a private or social club status with the state requires us to do so by law.

Ok. I understand better now about the membership issue. Thanks for the reply.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Appleton doesn't shoot with an open bridge all of the time, does he? I would think he uses a closed bridge on draw shots

He uses an open bridge on draw shots. He used to post on this forum and I asked him about it and he said he accelerates the cue on draw shots.

I also didn't realize Earl moved away from New York. I thought he had a sweet deal at Steinway.

Tronpocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, it seems like the "problem"-leg of the trip is getting from Trenton to The Spot. What would that cab ride be?

Easy .... 6am departure from penn station acela express 2103 to 30th st. Station.
Transfer to west Trenton line 330.
15 stops to Neshaminy falls by 825am. Either walk 2 blocks up the street or ill get you at the station....and
I can get earl to the room by then and you will have the place to yourselves for a couple hrs until I open at 11a.m.

Now I didn't check if this line runs the same times on weekends but that is the best way here by train.

jbygden

Registered
Easy .... 6am departure from penn station acela express 2103 to 30th st. Station.

Transfer to west Trenton line 330.

15 stops to Neshaminy falls by 825am. Either walk 2 blocks up the street or ill get you at the station....and

I can get earl to the room by then and you will have the place to yourselves for a couple hrs until I open at 11a.m.

Now I didn't check if this line runs the same times on weekends but that is the best way here by train.

I have the lesson booked for 4pm, so your 6 am option is not going to work...

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member

Are you also sponsoring Karen Corr?

Tronpocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you also sponsoring Karen Corr?

We have in the past.
She definitely has a good record in this event.

I don't know if Pete has in recent years because she lived in Tennessee a few years and then had to take time off for personal reasons.
She just moved back last year and is working hard on her game and trying to get New sponsors.
Right now she's in China.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I was able to see Earl Last summer at Steinway and it was a treat. I have been able to talk to him on several other occasions and really wanted to get a lesson from him for myself and my youngest son.

I hope the move to the south is good for him, I know that NYC is far and away the most expensive place to live in the US. It is not an easy place to call home unless you were born there. Fast paced for sure and very cool....but tough.

I'd really love to play Earl a few games of 1P. He is an elite player in all disciplines and it would certainly be an honor to try and lock horns with him.I have heard that he is rather a gentleman. Very gracious and yet you understand that he has a lot to offer and that he really enjoys giving what he has. I should be so lucky.Who knows? Lesh
Do you know if Earl would play some one pocket for cheap? Like maybe $25 a game and I pay for the table time?? (of course he'd have the best of it, I want no weight). The objective is to play against a champion for experience.
It would be good for my game to try that, but I don't want to insult him with such a low cost proposition.
What do you think?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Do you know if Earl would play some one pocket for cheap? Like maybe $25 a game and I pay for the table time?? (of course he'd have the best of it, I want no weight). The objective is to play against a champion for experience.
It would be good for my game to try that, but I don't want to insult him with such a low cost proposition.
What do you think?

Where are you located? If you're in florida, Tom Wirth would probably do that. I'd bet on Tom over Earl in 1pckt anyday. Tom can also tune you up in the other games as well:thumbup:
Jason