Earl vs Candyman DCC banks

steveharn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As anyone who was there my observation about this match; This was a match that was played in the "Twlight Zone"!

"Popeye"

living vicariously
Silver Member
As anyone who was there my observation about this match; This was a match that was played in the "Twlight Zone"!

I liked it when the Candyman tried to back up his slow play by telling the audience to try taking his place in the fish bowl. Then, I think Earl said something about him getting out of the fish bowl. Did you hear what Earl's reply was? I was was too far away to really hear.
Mark

youngstownkid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That match was ridiculous from the very beginning. Candyman was practicing and never let Earl get on the table to practice, followed that with his best Archer impersonation, then re-racked the first rack several times in an effort to keep Earl in his chair as long as possible.

When Earl finally got to the table, he sarcastically picked several imaginary pieces of lint off the table then went around the entire table and brushed every area around every pocket.

Candyman started off hot, and it didn't look good for Earl. Earl lost the first game. But Candyman cooled off during the second game, which he lost 5 to -1. (When he scratched instead of putting a quarter by the pocket he put a piece of candy, which mysteriously disappeard during his next appearance at the table even though he didn't make a ball. I'm pretty sure Earl knew it but didn't say anything.) After Earl won the game, Candyman asked to take his 5 minute break, during which he took a 15 minutes to go out to the lobby to badmouth Earl. When he came back the audience applauded sarcastically, and a couple people heckled him. Earl enjoyed the fact that he wasn't the one being heckled, I'm not exactly sure what he said about it, though.

Shortly after that, I left to video record a match and missed the second half of the match, but was told Earl needed both balls on the hill game and went right up to the table and fired two great long table bank shots that make the crowd cheer louder than I heard all weekend.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
I could not watch past the first game.. Candyman is about as bad as they get when things are not going his way.. What a whiner!