Early favorite for Louie Roberts Action Award

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Just wanted to give a shout out to Brian White as the early favorite for the Louie Roberts. He's been there for 3 days and has already played a partners 1-pocket match for $23,000, Rob Melrose a set of 1-hole for $11,000, and another 1-hole match for $5,000.

Says he's gonna be in heavy action all week.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Just wanted to give a shout out to Brian White as the early favorite for the Louie Roberts. He's been there for 3 days and has already played a partners 1-pocket match for $23,000, Rob Melrose a set of 1-hole for $11,000, and another 1-hole match for $5,000.

Chump change:rolleyes:

J/K That's some real cash, at this rate he could be a lock.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good, hope he busts everyone there.
Good cat.
Helped me make some games when I was in Carolina a few times in late 90s

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you get anything (prize money) for the award?

I only ask, because it would suck to come out overall loser [in the gambling matches], but then win the award. Or does the award go, not to who bet the most, but who won the most?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Betting the cash is only part of it.....
...if he plays like Charlie W....he's got no shot.

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you get anything (prize money) for the award?

I only ask, because it would suck to come out overall loser [in the gambling matches], but then win the award. Or does the award go, not to who bet the most, but who won the most?

Unless it changed it was a life time free pass with room to the DCC...

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Who won the Melrose match?

B Whizzle won the match with Melrose and also won the $5K set. They prorated the partners match up 2 games for $9200. I'm not sure how you end up playing a 5-ahead for an odd amount like $23,000 ($4600/game) but that's what it was, lol.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Good, hope he busts everyone there.
Good cat.
Helped me make some games when I was in Carolina a few times in late 90s

yeah, in the pool world they don't come any better than Brian. He basically lived with us in Athens during the early-mid 2000's. Now if he could only hold his liquor, lol.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
just got word that BWhizzle and Kirkus are playing Ron Wiseman and a guy named Randy from New Orleans for $25,000 tonight in a partners game. Action!

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
B Whizzle won the match with Melrose and also won the $5K set. They prorated the partners match up 2 games for $9200. I'm not sure how you end up playing a 5-ahead for an odd amount like $23,000 ($4600/game) but that's what it was, lol.

Based on whatever you happen to have in your sock at post time?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Evgeny Stalev merits consideration for the Louie Roberts award. That guy is fearless and will gamble with just about anyone. I heard got the cash against Carlo Biado.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
maybe someone wwas all in??

know it all

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Louie Roberts Award

Jason and or Brian should of won it last year to. Go Brian and Jason take it all down,tell um new sheriff in town. Rich aka the skunk.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Remember that the entertainment factor is a big factor. I'm sitting watching a matchup where a hundred or more people are watching and sweating Jayson Shaw giving the six out to Richie Rich.

The entertainees have their say.

Harold Smith

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish someone was streaming all the action, instead I bought the whole stream from Accustats and have to watch that friggin 10 ball while the better viewing is in the action room. Won't do it again next year. Really disappointed, would much rather see the banks and 1P.---Smitty