Sold Esoteric Cue 4 Pt. 4 Veneer Fancy Player - For Sale New Unchaulked

Sold Item

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
This is the "Cooling Tower Cue" and like most of my cues it is a one off design.

Instrument Grade Tone Wood Curly Maple Forearm with Gaboon Ebony Point stock x 4. Four Colored Veneer Stack - Maple, Blue, Orange and Black .022 thin sycamore with matching stitch Rings 3 positions on butt with matching rings on 2 (Upper Penninsula Mich - Iron Country) Rock Maple Shafs.

12 inlays in point stock, 4 ovals and 8 dots.

Ebony butt sleeve with 16 Pattern inlays - 4 large Cooling tower shaped, 4 large ovals and 8 dots.

All the inlays I design and craft on my cues are sharp zero radius geometry!

I contracted and performed underwater diving operations in Nuclear Power Plants for 31 years and the major butt sleeve design element was inspired by the large cooling towers we performed projects within and the public associates with plants like 3 Mile Island.

This cue is built on a 29" long, 3/4" dia laminated & glued maple dowel. It is a fully cored design/build. The hit of my cue is 80% Maple from the ferrule to the butt cap.

The wrap is the very best top grain quality leather, embossed in Elephant Ear pattern by my good buddy Lee Malakoff of Brainna Products in Michigan. Lee has been in the leather biz for many years and buys only the highest grade hides for his products. I like the look, feel, and durability of this wrap better than and EE.

I purchased this select Instrument grade tone wood curly from my wood supplier that sells to instrument makers of Violins, Cellos, Violas and String Basses for the necks.

This curly is harvested only from branches above the 80 foot canopy in Oregon and culled for instrument Grade specs.

I played the bass fiddle all my life and my music teacher told me about this tone wood when I was 13. When I started building cues I remembered him telling me about tone wood and i have always bought this select stuff.

3/8" 14 tpi modified big pin and flat faced joint.

The butt is 14.8 oz
Shaft 1 is 3.8
Shaft 2 is 3.7
Shafts are 13mm.

The Cue Tips are Triangles with case hardened sidewalls. I apply 7 layers of of CA, then wet sand, buff and polish to avoid mushrooming and to maintain a very sharp edge contour between the crown and the sidewall.

JPs included

$ 2,450.00 Includes Priorty Shipping and insurance CONUS.

PayPal, Zelle or Venmo. Will ship the next day after payment!

Rick
847 641 0276 call for questions or texting.

Thanks for looking!

Click on the thumbnail pic then click on the pic to enlarge:

Last edited: