Everest -vs- Kamui ...

The King

Here's Jimbo....
Silver Member
Which of these two tips do you prefer ... I use the Everest have for awhile now, it gets good english and seems to last awhile... I tried the Black Kamui but cut it off not liking it very well... I did not feel it gave me the same kind of spin... I know many feel just the opposite and maybe I did'nt give the Kamui tip a fair enough shot so I wanted to ask and get the opinions of my peers and see what experiences they have had.... thank you.

just kick'n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
?

I don't understand. You have tried both tips and decided on the one you like. Why would someone else's opinion make a difference?

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like both , but I recently switched to the kamui black soft, it plays more like a medium, I don't see myself switching back any time soon.

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
I miscue a LOT with everest, and very little with Kamui's.

I miscued a ton with the Onyx on the Tiger Pro X from Tate's demo program. Too many times to count. I didn't miscue a lot with the Everest when I used it, but had a lot of trouble with longer draw shots, and I didn't care for the feel of it in general.

I play the Kamui Black Soft now, and I don't have a single bad word to say about it. I absolutely love it. I don't see myself changing to anything else any time soon.

The King

Here's Jimbo....
Silver Member
Thanks to answer the posters question ... I thought maybe I missed something when I tried the Kamui tip.... And wanted to see if I should try it again cause there is alot of good talk on here about them. I love the everest tip and seldom miscued with them... But I got a batch in that don't seem quit the same and have had alot of miscues with my current tip of late...

Jason Koopman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like the feel and performance of Everest tips (I have them on my Jacoby and Predator) and have been using them for the past few years exclusively. I have not tried any of the Kamui tips yet, but will eventually. All the Everest tips that I've had with the exception of one has been very low maintenance and I seem to be able to spin the ball effortlessly. Never had any problems with miscueing etc.

Kamuitipsdotcom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PM me. I will help you find the right tip for you.

Thanks to answer the posters question ... I thought maybe I missed something when I tried the Kamui tip.... And wanted to see if I should try it again cause there is alot of good talk on here about them. I love the everest tip and seldom miscued with them... But I got a batch in that don't seem quit the same and have had alot of miscues with my current tip of late...

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
PM me. I will help you find the right tip for you.

In my experience,
the tips...
kamui
everest
tiger
moori
etc etc etc
start out great, and in just a little bit of time get too hard"

(and I've tried the different hardness of tips offered as well')

and lose alot of performance, IN my experience"

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I'm using a Kamui Tan Medium on one of my OB 2 shafts and like it just fine.

I also used the Everest tip for quite some time without any trouble. I play more with the Kamui Tan than the Everest tip FWIW.

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
bad comparison

Which of these two tips do you prefer ... I use the Everest have for awhile now, it gets good english and seems to last awhile... I tried the Black Kamui but cut it off not liking it very well... I did not feel it gave me the same kind of spin... I know many feel just the opposite and maybe I did'nt give the Kamui tip a fair enough shot so I wanted to ask and get the opinions of my peers and see what experiences they have had.... thank you.

• Everest - medium
  • Kamui - ss, s, m, h, black ss, black s, black m, black h.

Better comparison:

Everest vs. Kamui (M)
Onyx or Sniper vs. Kamui Black SS
Tiger Hard vs. Kamui (H)

and so on...

luke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the biggest problem is consistency over time. I had an Onyx Ltd. installed ($35) and it was great for a few weeks. I thought I had my tip situation nailed. After a month it started to harden up and miscue and I've gone back to my spare cue with an old Triangle. Tried scuffing etc. but the Onyx is getting as hard a REAL onyx.