Everything Is So Clear To Me Now......

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
we are on the same wave length here....even though I purchased on new set of aramith pro tournament yesterday and going for a practice session, I realized I am just a banger....just can't get the mental part of the game going anymore. oh well, there were the "good ole" days stuffed away in my memory! :thumbup:

9intheside

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes the rolls are not there and you get tough layouts. Try to shoot your best and plan the runouts and you will get there. I can beat the 5 ball ghost but 6 balls is still tough to crack.

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hang in there with positive thoughts. Some days you eat the ghost and some days the ghost eats you. I know how you feel. Some days I have trouble with the 4 ball ghost and some days I can consistently beat the eight ball ghost even the nine. Positive thoughts. I find negativity can beat you just as easily as any opponent.

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
Earlier this week I tried playing the 6 ball ghost and he was a sneaky little guy. I thought for sure I had him and out of nowhere, and I mean nowhere, he beat me 10-0. He skunked me. As most of you can imagine I was heartbroken.

Ive come to realize, on this day, that I am nothing more than a banger. Even after spending thousands on cues and cases I cant even get one game against the 6 ball ghost.

I , Allen Brown, am publicly admitting that I am not a pool player. I am a BANGER!!!!!!!
If anyone else would like to come forward and admit that they are a banger with me you are more than welcome. I know Im not alone in this struggle. Maybe together we can get through this tough and heartbreaking situation.

I have a few questions. They may appear rhetorical, but I assure you it is genuine. Why do you people continue to try to improve playing that ridiculous game? Why don't you really experience improvement by focusing and playing straight pool?

Don't you realize this is not the game to play for getting better? Smshing balls to hell and back waiting for a layout that falls within your runout capabilities, and then running out is like spinning a roulette wheel, landing on 7 three times in a row and thinking you're getting better at spinning the wheel.

9 ball is a quick gamblers game. Straight pool will teach you feel, touch, thought process, problem solving, concentration, .... and on and on. No wonder here why you don't see improvement.

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earlier this week I tried playing the 6 ball ghost and he was a sneaky little guy. I thought for sure I had him and out of nowhere, and I mean nowhere, he beat me 10-0. He skunked me. As most of you can imagine I was heartbroken.

Ive come to realize, on this day, that I am nothing more than a banger. Even after spending thousands on cues and cases I cant even get one game against the 6 ball ghost.

I , Allen Brown, am publicly admitting that I am not a pool player. I am a BANGER!!!!!!!
If anyone else would like to come forward and admit that they are a banger with me you are more than welcome. I know Im not alone in this struggle. Maybe together we can get through this tough and heartbreaking situation.

Do not play matches, or games until you master pocketing the 4000 possibilities of shots; sorry. so master pocketing 1st, then play ghost, then go out and gamble, if you missed pocketing balls in gambling, back to pocketing.

dougster26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 3 of those fancy pieces of $30 chalk.
I HAD 2 of those $40 tips and cut them off.
I have a pair of pants and use the right front pocket for my chalk holder.
I have taken lessons from Scott Lee and it improved my game by leaps and bounds.

I will play the ghost on a bar box Tuesday and see what happens. I only play on a bar box unless I go to billf59's house and he has that demon 8 footer that hates me. Im probably still going to wind up being a banger on it too. Its ok though because I have lots of fun when I play.

When you are playing the ghost and you miss a shot then stop right there, do not go any further. You need to know why you missed the shot. There can be a whole list of reason, such as not aligning properly, not staying down, jabbing at the cue ball, etc, etc.

What you do is set the shot back up as you remember it with a couple of donut holes. If you don't know what I mean, they are the re-enforcement stickers you use to protect the punch holes in paper when placing into a binder. Set the shot up and shoot it until the cows come home. Take one thing at a time until you come up with the right solution. Work on your alignment, staying down, accelerating through the cue ball, hitting center cue ball, speed, etc, etc. I find that this is a very useful and practical approach to try and figure out why you missed a shot. Of course, if you had an instructor watching you, he/she could provide valuable input as to what you need to work on. However, it still comes back to you and you having to work it out

This has helped me a lot. One other thing, if you don't focus and concentrate, your improvement rate may be severely hampered. This is the one area that I really struggle with. If you know how to hit the ball, it should go into the pocket. If you miss, it's usually due to your mechanics or being distracted and not concentrating on what you are doing.
Irregardless, I love this game and I swear I'm going to figure it out. Only problem is the Devil's footsteps seem to be getting louder and louder.

9intheside

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a few questions. They may appear rhetorical, but I assure you it is genuine. Why do you people continue to try to improve playing that ridiculous game? Why don't you really experience improvement by focusing and playing straight pool?

Don't you realize this is not the game to play for getting better? Smshing balls to hell and back waiting for a layout that falls within your runout capabilities, and then running out is like spinning a roulette wheel, landing on 7 three times in a row and thinking you're getting better at spinning the wheel.

9 ball is a quick gamblers game. Straight pool will teach you feel, touch, thought process, problem solving, concentration, .... and on and on. No wonder here why you don't see improvement.

I play both in my practice routine, straight pool does have a lot to offer.

I find the ghost helps me work on planning and staying on the correct side of the ball. I often struggle getting position on the break ball in straight pool and I find playing the ghost helps me with this part of the game.

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Allen,

thank goodness I don't take my pool game as seriously as the rest of you's billiard louts. I know that as soon as I am too old to go primitive camping anymore in the state and national parks my time is over.

Have you considered ending it all? Suicide now appears to be the only reasonable and permanent option you have left remaining at your disposal.

Have you decided upon a date for this momenteous event yet and is you going to YouTube it?

I'd kinda just like to have a heads-up is all seeins' that you're wasting so much of my valuable time awaiting the final resolution.

This kind of opportunity only comes about once in a lifetime you know.

Sounds like your the one with the problem. Takes one to know one don't you think?

So where's the problem? If you are enjoying the game, that's all that matters.

Only a select few become highly skilled at pool. The rest of us play entirely because we love it.

Ha! The rest of "us"? I appreciate your attempt at modesty, but you are so well above average that you can't be labeled anything but highly skilled. You're no pro, but you can surely play.

captainjko

Kirk
Silver Member

Try half table pattern play. Start by throwing 3 balls on one half of the table. Start with ball in hand and play in rotation. Cue ball can not leave that half of table. But object balls can be played in any pocket. Also try to use only center cue ball hit. Center, center high, and center low. Once you can run out 3 balls easily then go to 4, then 5, then 6. When you can run the 6 balls on half table 8 of 10 times, move to full table pattern play and start back at 3 or 4 balls. It is also a good idea to do straight in shot stroke drills. Good luck.......

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was once up on the six ball ghost 10-7, on the hill race to eleven. Ghost fought back and embarrassed me, took me hill hill and lost 11-10. Ghost dropped a four pack my ego.

So I got angry and took it out on his younger brother, the 3 ball ghost and went 18-20. I showed him like a sixth grader in first grade gym class swatting every jump shot down that came my way.

I was walking around the table with chest out again just like Lee Brett showed me in his video.

Someday I'll show the six ball ghost who's boss. Someday.
Until then, I'm a banger like you. I'll admit it. And I'll still have fun.

VIProfessor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Start with the three ball ghost, add a ball when you can consistently beat it, and so forth until you get to ten. Just as important, however pay attention to whether you're getting out the right way. If you're staying on the right sight of the balls and playing good patterns, the runout percentages will improve.

Never give up!

Baron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A very good player that's been teaching me one pocket told me I shoot very straight but that just about everything else I do is garbage (speed, safety play, patterns, position, mental game, etc.). I think that probably solidifies me as a banger, so I'll go ahead and welcome myself to the club. Welcome, me! :clapping: Thank you, thank you!

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So where's the problem? If you are enjoying the game, that's all that matters.

Only a select few become highly skilled at pool. The rest of us play entirely because we love it.

From all I have heard, you aren't part of the latter sir:eek::eek::eek:...

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
The" no miss" warranty has expired on you cues. Should you wish to purchase " the extended no miss warranty". Send$39.95 and a self addressed stamped envelope. I will send instructions on how to activated the "extended no miss warranty" instruction hand book!

Oh, never play the ghost this close to holloween. His mojo is just to strong this time of year.

Larry

Adam Brown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I want to know how you go from putting together 3 packs in 9 ball to not being able to break and run 6 balls. The pockets on that 8 footer must need a stretcher LOL! Good luck and happy banging.

Adam Brown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The" no miss" warranty has expired on you cues. Should you wish to purchase " the extended no miss warranty". Send$39.95 and a self addressed stamped envelope. I will send instructions on how to activated the "extended no miss warranty" instruction hand book!

Oh, never play the ghost this close to holloween. His mojo is just to strong this time of year.

Larry

You may need to go ahead and give him the lifetime warranty.