Extension for Meucci Originals

ACL

Hi all,
New user here so if I posted this in the wrong forum, let me know.

I have two Meucci Original cues that I purchased in '89 or '90. I was out of the game for about 30 years and came back to a bunch of different accessories, cue/shaft technology, etc. Fortunately for me, I kept my cues in their case all those years and when I took them out, they hit just like they did back in the day (although I did just get a Hsunami shaft for both of them and wow...just wow).

After some research I came across a listing for an extension kit that was made to fit on Meucci's made prior to '96 which I ordered immediately. My excitement was short lived when I discovered that prior to '96 does not mean the Original series. My cues don't have the weight bolt that can be removed which allows the bumper that accepts the extension to be installed. It turns out the screw that is in my cues is for the butt plate and can't be removed (see pic).

I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction that will allow me to buy proper extensions for my cues. Any and all feedback is welcome.

Attachments

• Inside butt of cue.jpg
    Inside butt of cue.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 62

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen those but I'm worried that it will damage the butt of my cue. Have you had any issue with that?

It's fine as long as you don't rush when putting it on or off. I use it on cues valued over $1,000 without worry. But I would not have some drunk beginner put it on one of my cues, it's still a hard material if you scrape it on the finish. Probably possible to glue in some microfiber cloth or felt that has some friction to the inside if you are too worried.

Plus you can have some fun with extensions, you can see mine in this video https://photos.app.goo.gl/wVfhB8mDqqeH7Ss87

IMG_20220713_231050908.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ACL

ACL

It's fine as long as you don't rush when putting it on or off. I use it on cues valued over $1,000 without worry. But I would not have some drunk beginner put it on one of my cues, it's still a hard material if you scrape it on the finish. Probably possible to glue in some microfiber cloth or felt that has some friction to the inside if you are too worried.

Plus you can have some fun with extensions, you can see mine in this video https://photos.app.goo.gl/wVfhB8mDqqeH7Ss87

View attachment 667663
That video is hilarious. lol

Thanks for the feedback dude.