Facebook warning

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm sorry to say that someone, some asshole has chosen to use my name and profile to his or her own benefit. Please be aware that I no longer have access to my own page. I was locked out over two months ago and have not been able to gain access to my account. FB wants two forms of confirmation as to who I am. One of which is my photo ID. I choose not to provide that information so I have decided I will no longer use FB for any communication. If you receive any requests from me be assured it is NOT me and please do not open messenger or for God's sake no attachments.
The world is changing and not for the better.

If you wish so reach out to me, send me an email.
trwirth369@gmail.com

Cheers,
Tom

Last edited:

skiergd011013

i went through id theft during the spring and with that came other people telling me their experiences. One of my insurance reps had someone using her photos from FB to make fake ids and claim to be her. FB is very risky because people typically post their photos and day to day activities on there for all to see, which is an id thief's dream. This type of crime is absolutely skyrocketing.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sorry to say that someone, some asshole has chosen to use my name and profile to his or her own benefit. Please be aware that I no longer have access to my own page. I was locked out over two months ago and have not been able to gain access to my account. FB wants tow forms of confirmation as to who I am. One of which is my photo ID. I choose not to provide that information so I have decided I will no longer use FB for any communication. If you receive any requests from me be assured it is NOT me and please do not open messenger or for God's sake no attachments.
The world is changing and not for the better.

If you wish so reach out to me, send me an email.
trwirth369@gmail.com

Cheers,
Tom
FB already knows your name, address, shopping habits etc and so does Bill Gates. They just want to verify what they already know.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I had someone (hacker/identity thief) change my password on FB, somehow I was able to log on to my account, I know it was a mistake and that I just got lucky, I'm not computer savvy, but I changed my log in to 2 step verification, I think it makes it multiple times more difficult to hack.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had someone (hacker/identity thief) change my password on FB, somehow I was able to log on to my account, I know it was a mistake and that I just got lucky, I'm not computer savvy, but I changed my log in to 2 step verification, I think it makes it multiple times more difficult to hack.
i deleted my account years ago

skiergd011013

two step is good. i also dont save passwords anymore to my accounts for auto log ins. I keep all passwords written down in a notebook. Back to old school for me. Pen and paper cant be hacked.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use FB strictly as a messaging service. So far so good. I don't and would not advise using it for any type of business transaction. If i do get hacked i'm shutting down and walking. One time deal.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
I also had to abandon a Facebook account under my name. Lost access and Facebook made it too difficult to regain control of the account. I ask that anyone getting Facebook contact from me to report it. Because it ain't Me. 🤷‍♂️ I will never again do Facebook.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Facebook does not seem very concerned when it comes to your account safety, They are way more interested in using your activity to make money. The more 'friends you have the more money they have. I closed out my account after a similar incident as the OP. Then a month later opened one using an altered name. I got rid of several hundred 'friends' and now in my new account I have a total of 17. Some of them are about to go soon. Way too much garbage I could care less about. Hope the OP gets his account straight if that is what he wants.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a funny letter a short while back, a legitimate law firm in Washington, was pursuing a lawsuit against me on behalf of someone . The funny part is they were going after a make believe name I had made for a chess site lol. Who knows how they got that info, but I thought it was pretty funny.