Facebook

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm locked out of facebook. It's crazy! I had to clear all the cookies from my computer and when I did my method of getting on line with facebook got altered. I use the right user name and password but facebook won't allow me in. I get an error message on the password. They've sent me codes. I enter the codes and still, no entry. A second tier of security must be implemented. They want a photo of my DL. This has become more difficult than getting my passport renewed.
If anyone knows how I might get in touch with a live person from FB please let me know. I know I must avoid scams so any advice must be verified as accurate. I'm about ready to say screw it an abandon the damn thing. I never liked it anyway!

Thanks,
Tom
trwirth369@gmail.com

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm locked out of facebook. It's crazy! I had to clear all the cookies from my computer and when I did my method of getting on line with facebook got altered. I use the right user name and password but facebook won't allow me in. I get an error message on the password. They've sent me codes. I enter the codes and still, no entry. A second tier of security must be implemented. They want a photo of my DL. This has become more difficult than getting my passport renewed.
If anyone knows how I might get in touch with a live person from FB please let me know. I know I must avoid scams so any advice must be verified as accurate. I'm about ready to say screw it an abandon the damn thing. I never liked it anyway!

Thanks,
Tom
trwirth369@gmail.com
I had an early Facebo account and abandoned it. Then due to this site posting so much FBV, they mail me with login help. They just wanted a foto. I passed.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks,
Tom
trwirth369@gmail.com

I have never ran into anyone that was able to clear an issue with Facebook. My son and a few others I know have had their accounts stolen, they never got them back and had to create new ones. From tech forums I read, no-one posting on them have been able to get any help from Facebook either. They have the worst support of any company I know.

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think you're all right! I think I'm better off without that crap. I lost my first account that same way and like a dummy started a new one because I had no help from FB to recover it. Here I am again and I think I will just pass. Want to touch base with me...come here and send a PM, go to One Pocket.org do the same, or just send me an email at trwirth369@gmail.com.
Simple!
Thanks for the feed back. I don't feel so alone anymore.

Tom

hurricane145

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They want a photo of my DL.
That's wrong and should never happen. I would try to get on Facebook on a different computer. I think something is trying to scam you somehow and you have been redirected to a fake Facebook. Don't follow any links in emails. Go directly to the app you use.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What does this have to do with pool and why should any of us care?
common decency to help someone in trouble
plus
tom is a great guy....has spent his life in the world of pool...is author of a great book on onepocket
and deserves all the help the AZB community can offer
you sir have shown what type of person you are

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am quite skeptical of FB. In a lot of ways but it can be a useful site if your very careful and only have a few “friend’s.” I think I have 17 and that is about all I can manage.

Recently I posted a high end cue in a group with just pictures and a brief description. Multiple members of the group expressed an interest and eventually a deal was worked out with one of them.

The buyer was pleased and I was happy with his offer. The deal has gone through with zero issues. Honestly and sadly, in a way, I never considered trying to sell it here. FWIW!

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
That's wrong and should never happen. I would try to get on Facebook on a different computer. I think something is trying to scam you somehow and you have been redirected to a fake Facebook. Don't follow any links in emails. Go directly to the app you use.
That's how you are verified for most places you are locked out of.
Reddit has a Facebook help area and you can usually get some help there.

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the feed back. I figured someone on AZB has run into similar issues with FB. that's why I reached out. We try to help one another, pool related or no, right?

I think the best course of action for me is to dump the damn thing. That's another reason to post about it here.
I sell a lot of pool related books and many times FB is the way information is shared. That avenue is now severed,

Cheers
Tom

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they want your drivers license, you've been hacked. Hopefully you didn't send it.

The official Facebook supports asks for it if the hackers have changed all authentication methods to theirs, but far as I know even doing that has never helped anyone.
What you have to be careful of is to go directly through Facebook.com and don't just do a search for "facebook support" or "facebook locked out" because that is where all those crap companies put their links that are not associated with facebook. They ask for money or your info and that's where issues start.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks,
Tom
trwirth369@gmail.com
It has happened to a couple friends of mine that they got locked out—permanently, in some cases.

Clear your cookies on your computer before you try it again with the codes sent to you by Facebook.

When you do get back in, makes sure you have more than one email address of yours to have as a backup.