Fake on Ebay?...

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
Looks good to me.

The lighter colored rings at the joint, and matching lighter colored ring in butt are unique (to me), but everything else seems legit.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I don't know, it looks pretty good to me....Craig Rittel is one of the Rambow experts here so I'd ask him.

The overriding question I have though after reading through this is who is David?

haifp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rambow cue

I remember when I first started playing and I would go to Cap's poolhall to watch Babe Cranfield play. He showed me his Rambow cue and the Balabushka shafts he had made. every time I see a Rambow cue I think of Babe Cranfield and what a great player and person he was, I miss him. I think someday I would like to own a Rambow.

J-Flo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fake for sure

I called a few weeks ago when i seen this cue on craigslist. He would not voice verify. Would not let me see the cue or would he provide any information as to where he got it.a few emails with very sorry 3 word response was all i got.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I called a few weeks ago when i seen this cue on craigslist. He would not voice verify. Would not let me see the cue or would he provide any information as to where he got it.a few emails with very sorry 3 word response was all i got.

That says a lot...

8onthebreak

THE WORLD IS YOURS
Silver Member
Run

I have a rule I now stick to religiously...
If I'm looking to buy something, and having a hard time communicating with the seller ...BEFORE I EVEN BUY the item, I run like H E double hockey sticks...cuz if u can't reach em b4 you give em your money, you surely won't get em after...it's a NO DEAL for me immediately. Don't care how good the deal. Just how I roll.

Maestro

In the Zone...
Silver Member
The length of the description and the "I am no expert" bit, David?, The scroll writing of Rambow rather then the name of the person the cue is for. That's all for starters....

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
The length of the description and the "I am no expert" bit, David?, The scroll writing of Rambow rather then the name of the person the cue is for. That's all for starters....

I am not trying to bust your balls, but from what I see the cue in the photo looks like a Rambow, including the writing on it. Now I did read other posts to your thread and the person who has it listed apparently doesn't want anyone to see the cue in person, and it also appears it was listed on Craiglist.

Now I don't know if the guy really has the cue in his possession or not, however, he does have 100% Feedback on eBay for what that is worth.

Take Care

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
It does and it doesn't. If you've ever had to start a Pay Pal Dispute and jump thru their hoops to get your money back, it will be the first and last time you do it. Specially for the price they are asking for that cue.

Maestro

In the Zone...
Silver Member
Also, weren't they about 57 inches? This one is 59" unless the seller does not measure it correctly. In any case, I missed the inscription with the name of the owner rather then the maker. Just saw the maker's name first. I am no expert in Rambow cues.

CoachDitka2001

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The interesting thing I see is that the finish appears to be a lighter color on the forearm where the signature is. Also the "R" and "a" are connected, and take a look at the swirl ending the "b" and "w".

The cue certainly looks period, but I wouldn't buy it.

ronz

Registered
Hi Guys... I found this site by googleing looking for info on Rambow cues.

I am the guy selling the one that is on Ebay now. (BTW.. It was not on Craigslist.. Yuk !)

Any questions you have about it, fire away !!

Ron

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome to the forum. :)

This is an interesting turn of events. I think you will find some very good questions...and at least an expert opinion or two on the cue.

EDIT:

I'll start things off. Who is David? You will find there are a number of old time players here that may in fact know him if he was a serious shooter (and with this cue he likely was).

Any provenance or historical information that supports this cue would go a long way here, and you will find serious collectors here that know their cues very well. There are also the usual amateur spectators and speculators (like me) who will say what they think but it might be of questionable value.

As a side note, nobody will care at all about the case or tip scuffers at all. Both are cheap items. A good period case would itself be a collectors item but regrettably that case does not attract any attention, in fact if anything it takes something away.

Last edited:

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
Welcome Ron,

Nice of you to stop in.

I'm not a bidder, but I'd imagine anything you can add about the history of the cue, or the owner, that is not mentioned in the eBay ad couldn't hurt your sale.

Good luck with your auction.

Kevin.