Favorite player and least favorite player?

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My favorite Tommy Kennedy and Shanon Daulton.. they both play world class and are always nice to everyone.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
In that there are so many great players, I would say that all of the American players
past & present, Efren, and Ralph Souquet are my favorite players.
The rest of the European players are my least favorite, and the rest of the Filipino
players are somewhere in the middle

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anything Shane Van Boening is in, and Earl is always worth watching (I mean who doesn't want to see a guy (who at any moment could stab someone with a pool cue) with a 9 ft cue, ear muffs and 4 inches of tape and insulation on each finger shoot a match???)

I know. It's like the hunger games could bust out at any moment right?

That’s Earl or Jason Shaw least favorite Dennis Hatch by a country mile

Favorites or in Jason Shaw least favorite Dennis Hatch by a country mile

Jayson... Jayson Shaw.

EtDM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Favorites for me would have to be Efren for his humility, Tony Chohan for his 1P creativity, and Alex, because he just seems to genuinely love playing the game.

At the other end of the spectrum, I'll leave off specific names, but there are more than a few players who have have repeatedly shown themselves to be poor sports, sore losers, or just brash and loud in general. While some people think this just adds "character" to the game I can't help but think they're hurting pool as a whole just so that they can get a little more attention.

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Favorites: Efren, Ralph Souquet, Nick Varner, Ray Martin, Tommy Kennedy (although I would disagree with him on religion, everyone is free to believe what he likes), Jean Balukas

Least fav: Shaw, Filler, Frost, Jeanette Lee and recently added Shane to the list who was an the Favorites list before

I like gentlemen and I dislike horrible behavior. Earl is an exception because I believe he has some issues so he won't be on either list

Reggie1971

Registered
My favorite player is Nick Varner. His knowledge of the game and ability are superlative. He's also a really classy guy.

Reggie1971

Registered
Danny Jones would be another player among my favorites. I used to know him years ago when he lived in Shreveport and frequented Pockets (the old Guys & Dolls). Nice fellow and a colorful character.

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm curious to know what Shane did to have some folks sour on him recently?!

Couple of things. His fights with Corey Deuel are the least important. Then his own admission that he considers all kinds of foul racking to be ok as a means to get an advantage - the essence of his own post on Facebook suggests that. And even worse: stealing the cue ball in a hotel from the (coin-op?) table there during a tournament so only he could practice there and all of the others staying there couldn't. All of these moves together aren't gentleman's behavior for sure.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Couple of things. His fights with Corey Deuel are the least important. Then his own admission that he considers all kinds of foul racking to be ok as a means to get an advantage - the essence of his own post on Facebook suggests that. And even worse: stealing the cue ball in a hotel from the (coin-op?) table there during a tournament so only he could practice there and all of the others staying there couldn't. All of these moves together aren't gentleman's behavior for sure.
Are we SURE people aren’t soured on SVB because of his Mosconi Cup decision?

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are we SURE people aren’t soured on SVB because of his Mosconi Cup decision?

That would not make any difference for me. First of all it is quite understandable that he would consider a boot camp of several weeks not worth the reward of being on the MC team. Apart from that this is a private decision.

The other stuff I mentioned above is unsportsmanlike conduct - IMHO. And that is what sets him apart from real gentlemen. Never heard that Efren, Nick or Ralf ever needed such bad moves.

The MC is a lost cause anyway with boot camp and all - IMO.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Least favorite.
Strickland
Shaw
Dechaine

Any one else notice a reoccurring theme???

All New Yorkers!

Mika
Strickland
Shaw
Dechaine

Are all new Yorkers must be something in the water ???

Kd

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

All New Yorkers!

Mika
Strickland
Shaw
Dechaine

Kd

Hmmmm...New York?
I’m surprised that one of our more knowledgeable posters needs an atlas...:eek:

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Hmmmm...New York?
I’m surprised that one of our more knowledgeable posters needs an atlas...:eek:
They all live in new york for big periods of time...

Dechaine is from Maine or something? Just noticed that they all come from the North East

Kd

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

All New Yorkers!

Mika
Strickland
Shaw
Dechaine

Kd

Mika is from Finland, but has lived in NY for a while. Strickland is from NC I think, and only lived in NY briefly. Shaw is from Scotland and lives in CT. Dechaine is from ME and currently lives in NH I believe. Really non of these people are New Yorkers. Mika lived there long enough that he may have become a New Yorker. Shaw and Strickland not so much, if at all. Dechaine not even close.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums