Favorite wrap- No linen

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no wrap for me .. different players will have different preferences - but there is no disputing the ease of ownership and functionality of a no wrap cue.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious have you ever tried silk line for a wrap?

No, but I would love to. Silk fishing line was used before Irish Linen. A casual google
with no clue as to what the diameter of these lines are lead me to guess the cost of
the line would be about $300US plus shipping from EU.

So, the 'only in my dreams part'.

Dale

05carbondrz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the looks of leather especially the lizard and elephant patterns. Some of the most beautiful cues out there to me.

I have a few that I just really wish I could make myself like enough to be my favorite player 'cause they're soooo purdy.

I just can't get away from solid wood though. Something about the feel of the vibrations with your fingers right on the wood I think. Nothing in between you and the cue to dampen that.

I use a pretty loose grip mostly and like to let the cue slip a little sometimes too and that's harder to do with wraps.

So for me a leather wrap for looks, wood for play.

I am talking real Lizard skin,Not Cowhide stamped to look like Lizard.Cowhide is Cowhide no matter what it's stamped to look like.I honestly hated the look of it before I felt it in real life,Just the perfect texture for a Wrap.

edep12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was lucky enough to be handed down a cue from my father who said he got it from a rummage sale back in the fifties when he lived down the road from Ed Gein in Plainfield, Wisconsin.

I don't know what the wrap is made of, but it's comfortable as all get-out and practically feels like a second skin.

You, my friend, are hilarious! Not sure everybody "got it," but know that someone appreciates your warped sense of humor.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 370

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leather

I had 2 cues made by Jerry R

One with elephant ear the second with Spanish bull

I like the bull better. It is textured but smoother than elephant ear

I like both but the elephant ear is a bit too textured and if I shoot too close to my body it actually catches on my shirt a little

My other cues are mostly leather. I don't care for a very smooth feel

Dave

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Being a carom player I use a neoprene roll-on sleeve like has already been mentioned.

And there are differences between them, believe it or not. I have some I thought I liked until Ron Kilby sent me a 'stickier' one with my new cue from him.

The new one he sent is much better than the ones I had, I now realize.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cortland Linen is my all time favorite wrap & it's on most of my cues.
I only have two cues with leather wraps and both are elephant leather.
One wrap is elephant ear & the other is belly leather which is more deluxe.

Really excellent elephant leather wraps run upwards of $200 w/o install.
The wraps installed by Ernie Guitterez are some of the best I've seen.
If I wasn't able to use elephant leather, then I'd go with Kangaroo leather.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
If it has a wrap, I prefer pressed linen. Not a fan of leather at all. Mostly I buy wrapless cues, like them much better than anything with a wrap.

Bossman69

Registered
Favorite wrap -No linen

I like the lizard also. I plan to cut the grove for the wrap in my P2 and install one soon. I like being able to keep the cue clean and leather is easy to wipe down.

Mikkes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like leather handles. I have a rough lizard wrap on my bcm player and lizard for my old and refinished (changed the old and greasy linen) Huebler B/J. Played lots of years with Meucci cues, so with coated linen, don´t like it anymore. Leather is now my favorite.