Fedor Gorst

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wondering about how he is filming his matches with private commentary when someone is paid to stream the event.Is he paying the streamer for the video?The facility owner? What if other players want this setup?Looks like a can of worms. Can't blame the player for trying to profit from their image.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Lemme suggest you consider this option: he approaches the event promoter and the latter grants him a permission to do so on his own matches - in case they are not on streaming schedule.
It is that easy, isn't it?

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lemme suggest you consider this option: he approaches the event promoter and the latter grants him a permission to do so on his own matches - in case they are not on streaming schedule.
There are many implications , and the water is muddy . Multiple streaming crews when others want their matches streamed. Opponents refusing to play unless they are compensated.Players wanting streamers to compensate them for appearing on the stream.

JABSolstice

He asks the venue/promoter for permission to stream as long as he is not on their streamed tables. He then usually asks permission from his opponent. There was a case recently where he didn't ask ahead of time and his opponent got a little upset about it.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are many implications , and the water is muddy . Multiple streaming crews when others want their matches streamed. Opponents refusing to play unless they are compensated.Players wanting streamers to compensate them for appearing on the stream.
He Doesn’t have a crew, only his cell phone. The commentators join his feed and comment remotely.

he asks the streamer and tournament host and director for permission. He only streams matches that are not streamed by the official streamer. It generates interest in the tournament and when he plays in stream tables - his fans have to get the PPV or go through the streamer’s channel.

The way he’s going about it is a win-win.

I’m sure he asks his opponent for permission as well.

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He Doesn’t have a crew, only his cell phone. The commentators join his feed and comment remotely.

he asks the streamer and tournament host and director for permission. He only streams matches that are not streamed by the official streamer. It generates interest in the tournament and when he plays in stream tables - his fans have to get the PPV or go through the streamer’s channel.

The way he’s going about it is a win-win.

I’m sure he asks his opponent for permission as well.
It does seem like a win win , but most people have a phone , and if other players are savvy enough they can do the same.I see where some players are signing exclusivity contracts with different entities. I'm just saying that changes in the status quo could be ahead.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It does seem like a win win , but most people have a phone , and if other players are savvy enough they can do the same.I see where some players are signing exclusivity contracts with different entities. I'm just saying that changes in the status quo could be ahead.
I agree - I am not sure what will happen but I’m sure more players will start doing this and eventually “something” will have to be done. :)

maybe someone will come up with a solution that players’ phones can add to their stream and basically get bonus table coverage still through the names streamer.

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You got a dog in this fight, or just numb?

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
I've heard on a number of the ppv streams I've bought (from the organizer(s)/commentators) that Fedor asks for permission to stream and then, usually only streams matches where he is not on the main table. He also tries cross-promote the main stream. IMO, he's actively trying to IMPROVE the visibility of pool and NOT take away from the streamers who generate PPV revenue.

-td

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard on a number of the ppv streams I've bought (from the organizer(s)/commentators) that Fedor asks for permission to stream and then, usually only streams matches where he is not on the main table. He also tries cross-promote the main stream. IMO, he's actively trying to IMPROVE the visibility of pool and NOT take away from the streamers who generate PPV revenue.

-td
Thanks for that . It doesn't matter to me ,I don't have a dog in the fight. I do see changes though.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sometimes you have to get out in front of something to avoid setting a precedent that turns into a problem, one that could have been prevented easier than fixed later.

Other times you can shrug and figure we'll deal with it if it becomes an issue.

Right now Fedor is a net positive. He's not interfering with the tournament or the promoters, and in fact is bringing more attention to them by attending and sharing on social media.

If this turns into an issue down the road with too many others doing the same thing and interfering with tournament scheduling or proprietary streaming rights, it won't be hard to shut it down later. But why worry at this point? Obviously no one is being negatively impacted so anything that helps promote pool and support those playing it can't be too bad.

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes you have to get out in front of something to avoid setting a precedent that turns into a problem, one that could have been prevented easier than fixed later.

Other times you can shrug and figure we'll deal with it if it becomes an issue.

Right now Fedor is a net positive. He's not interfering with the tournament or the promoters, and in fact is bringing more attention to them by attending and sharing on social media.

If this turns into an issue down the road with too many others doing the same thing and interfering with tournament scheduling or proprietary streaming rights, it won't be hard to shut it down later. But why worry at this point? Obviously no one is being negatively impacted so anything that helps promote pool and support those playing it can't be too bad.
I didn'
It seems like Fedor is able to make it work. I frequently watch his streams. It seems he has a lot more get-up-and-go than the other players. He does a brief interview after each stream.
I didn't notice these until the present event.Good luck to him ,but human nature being what it is.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Wonder how much Fedor is compensated by streamers when he's on one of their monitored tables...?

..and yes I'm baiting for a conversation on player rights to their own likeness content.

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wonder how much Fedor is compensated by streamers when he's on one of their monitored tables...?

..and yes I'm baiting for a conversation on player rights to their own likeness content.
That is kind of why I was asking the questions. Notice some room owners streaming rather own events.

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here’s another option, he said someone else is streaming it to their customers.