Felt cue wrap?

scassidy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have always wanted to have the wrap on my pool cue made out of the same material as a tennis ball. I think it would feel great in the hand. Is this possible? I have never heard of it before, nor could I find anything on the internet. Is it possible to make a wrap a cue using tennis balls?
If any of you builders think you could do it I'd like to have it done.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a builder but i'm thinking not a great idea. Would be real easy to get stuck in a case for one thing. Ever try cork? Great feeling wrap.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tennis balls, that's a new one..
I'm wondering why you think felt or tennis balls would be a great wrap material?

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just really like that feel. And I like soft feeling grips.
There's plenty of soft grips to choose from. I would not categorize a tennis ball surface as soft, it would be like holding a piece of rug in your hand. If you want a very smooth feel a stacked leather wrap is about as smooth as you get. It can be either finished glossy almost feeling like a wrapless cue or it can have a suade finish. Then there's lots of other leather wraps to choose from.

SeniorTom

This Thread makes me wonder what the favorite grip is amongst players, cork, stack leather, linen, or what?

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This Thread makes me wonder what the favorite grip is amongst players, cork, stack leather, linen, or what?
I would say it's a slight tendecy to favour leather wraps, then it's an even split between wrapless and linen wrap. Some people can't get enuogh grip and wants those pesky sport grips.

slim123

I have always wanted to have the wrap on my pool cue made out of the same material as a tennis ball. I think it would feel great in the hand. Is this possible? I have never heard of it before, nor could I find anything on the internet. Is it possible to make a wrap a cue using tennis balls?
If any of you builders think you could do it I'd like to have it done.
Maybe not a bad idea, I just wrap some duct tape where the wrap is suppose to be