Filler's Cue?

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might need to have an account to access these taobao links so I just included the pics here. The cues start from approx USD3650 or so depending on your shaft choice. Really expensive

With wrap:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...aBPj7w&id=587033611420&ns=1&abbucket=8#detail

O1CN015Y1IAZ1KT9W8wUOqI_!!0-item_pic.jpg
O1CN01YVH5xH1KT9W7Wkobj_!!0-item_pic.jpg
O1CN01CK3TLw1KT9W678DW8_!!0-item_pic.jpg
O1CN01AIyj5u1KT9W8SQL3K_!!0-item_pic.jpg

Wrapless:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...aBPj7w&id=586507888242&ns=1&abbucket=8#detail

O1CN01eDR3Vo1KT9W8eXaAe_!!0-item_pic.jpg
O1CN01jMuG3u1KT9W55EkBM_!!0-item_pic.jpg
O1CN01nvEv6e1KT9W6QpsCf_!!0-item_pic.jpg
O1CN01NaMHGy1KT9W8NyM8U_!!0-item_pic.jpg

I think Pia uses one and Josh uses the other. Could be wrong but I think they mentioned that on their instagram when they first received the cues.

What makes this cue worth USD3650?

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I like both versions but $1500 more for these 2 versions over the 2 American versions is absolutely insane. Thanks for the pics.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it’s just that there are enough Chinese in the mainland who are willing to pay more, or so they think. I have no idea what is the response like for this cue.

I live in East Lansing, MI. Michigan State University is here. There is a massive Chinese student population here and it is amazing how many of them (18-23 years old) drive a Mercedes or BMW. At this point I’m not going to be surprised if I find out that a market-influencing portion of Chinese consumers have a bit more discretionary spending at their disposal than we are accustomed to here. Enough to price some premium mainstream products higher than we think they are worth from a material and labor cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TooMuchGun

Registered
When I was watching Filler matches I was wondering what he was using cuz it looked considerable thicker than 11.85 Z3. I know at derby he used a Z3 but he also had an issue w his shaft warping really badly. I’m pretty sure he was using the Predator C8 shaft which is 12.7mm. Tony Robles let me try his C8 and it was the a fantastic shaft. It deflects very little like a revo and is stiffer than a vantage. Very impressive shaft. I know a guy in the states who can get em if anyone’s interested.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I was watching Filler matches I was wondering what he was using cuz it looked considerable thicker than 11.85 Z3. I know at derby he used a Z3 but he also had an issue w his shaft warping really badly. I’m pretty sure he was using the Predator C8 shaft which is 12.7mm. Tony Robles let me try his C8 and it was the a fantastic shaft. It deflects very little like a revo and is stiffer than a vantage. Very impressive shaft. I know a guy in the states who can get em if anyone’s interested.

stiffer than vantage? i found the vantage stiff, conical and thick. is this new c8 thing pro taper?

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
Not sure if it's pro taper but probably it's marketed towards Chinese 8 ball players. According to the product specs, it's 12.9mm stock and there's a 20cm carbon fibre insert, a la Mezz.

29p232d.png

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
one of the commentators said something to the effect of … "he hasn't gone over to the dark side yet and used a carbon fiber shaft"

when in fact he did play with a Revo for a short time, maybe just to try out and then switched back

Filler's own words, when asked about this, were to the effect that he loved the REVO, but switched back because he preferred the smaller diameter of the Z. When Predator eventually comes out with an 11.75 or so diameter REVO, I would expect him to switch back

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Filler's own words, when asked about this, were to the effect that he loved the REVO, but switched back because he preferred the smaller diameter of the Z. When Predator eventually comes out with an 11.75 or so diameter REVO, I would expect him to switch back
Can a carbon fiber shaft be turned down to a smaller size? If so! Who and how is it possible or done???

Kd

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Can a carbon fiber shaft be turned down to a smaller size? If so! Who and how is it possible or done???

Kd

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Not that I'm aware of. Predator has had and 11.8mm protype for a couple years but who knows if it will ever come out. Pechauer is supposed to have an 11.8mm at release as well

BigAlbert333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its on their Instagram page showing exactly what cues and shafts they both play with. Joshua shoots with a Panthera with leather wrap and z3 shaft with victory tip

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We've never heard of onstogrom.

I think my daughter might use it though.

Can it drive you to the mall and give you money?

No? I can.

Let me know if you need those, I will see if I can squeeze it in.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While the carbon fiber market segment continues to expand, a few professionals recently have opted to go back to older technology. Filler won the World 9-Ball Championships in Qatar in December using his old Predator Z-3 because he liked the taper.

"The Revo is an unbelievably good shaft and I had really good achievements with it but I like to try new things," he said. "I'm trying new Predator products soon and will probably be back with a new Revo."

from http://www.billiardsdigest.com/new_current_issue/apr_19/bb_index.php