Final 8 in World 8ball Championship

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis vs Ronnie Alcano for the finals!!

And Dennis wins it 10-5 but had to work hard against Joven Bustamante in the first half of the match.

The stage is now set for a mouth watering finals between 2 of the Philippines best players, Dennis Orcullo and the great Ronnie Alcano.

Based on their previous matches in this tournament, I would say that Alcano has the edge but I would not be surprised if Dennis lifts the trophy tomorrow. I like both players but feel that Dennis needs the victory more at this point in time in order to maintain his status in the pool hierarchy. He has been in quite a bit of a slump lately, in money games in particular and has not shown his true worth as a tournament player yet so this is a good opportunity for him to regain his momentum and self-confidence before his big money match up with Yang next month.

Good luck to both and may the best player win!!! You both have done your country proud!!!

parvus1202

Suspected hacked account
Silver Member
Sargo said:
Oh, how come?

This has been answered already. 4 slots were for N America but only two Canadians took it and no Americans. This could be due to no sponsors, players don't want to spend their own money without assurance that they will end up in money lists or they are afraid of middle east. Whatever the reason, one thing remains, no Americans took the slots.

Sargo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
parvus1202 said:
This has been answered already. 4 slots were for N America but only two Canadians took it and no Americans. This could be due to no sponsors, players don't want to spend their own money without assurance that they will end up in money lists or they are afraid of middle east. Whatever the reason, one thing remains, no Americans took the slots.

That's too bad, since 8-ball is most popular in amateur leagues here.

pool whiz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:) World 8-Ball tiff: two racehorses in the finals coming from same stable?......Whoaaaaa!!!! Go!..Go!...Go!...Philippines!:)

big_worm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, the Pinoy juggernaut is even more scary in 8 ball.
Let see if the 9 ball world champ, Ronnie, will go on to win the 8 ball world title, just like Wu did in 2005.

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope somebody would be kind enough to post it at youtube, other
than that, our chances are zero, zilch, zip, nothin, nada...

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
f210 said:
And Dennis wins it 10-5 but had to work hard against Joven Bustamante in the first half of the match.

The stage is now set for a mouth watering finals between 2 of the Philippines best players, Dennis Orcullo and the great Ronnie Alcano.

Based on their previous matches in this tournament, I would say that Alcano has the edge but I would not be surprised if Dennis lifts the trophy tomorrow. I like both players but feel that Dennis needs the victory more at this point in time in order to maintain his status in the pool hierarchy. He has been in quite a bit of a slump lately, in money games in particular and has not shown his true worth as a tournament player yet so this is a good opportunity for him to regain his momentum and self-confidence before his big money match up with Yang next month.

Good luck to both and may the best player win!!! You both have done your country proud!!!
Really not surprising if Dennis bags the title since he's proven that he can play high level 8-ball based on his IPT peformances. But either one winning brings great pride, joy and honor to Pinoys.

Congratulations too to Joven! He's one classy player and person that has earned my admiration. Your next ER cue will be compliments of yours truly.

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joven Bustamante

bandido said:
Really not surprising if Dennis bags the title since he's proven that he can play high level 8-ball based on his IPT peformances. But either one winning brings great pride, joy and honor to Pinoys.

Congratulations too to Joven! He's one classy player and person that has earned my admiration. Your next ER cue will be compliments of yours truly.

I agree. Joven Bustamante was a revelation in this tournament. He beat 2 great German players, Olive Ortmann and Thomas Engert in convincing fashion, 10-3 and 10 to 6 respectively. In fact, all the top German players were beaten by the Filipinos. Souquet by Orcullo, Hohmann by Alcano and Engert and Ortmann by the unheralded Joven Bustamante.

crosseyedjoe

Anywhere but here
Silver Member
Most of the articles say Joven Bustamante, Elvis Calasang and Joyvie Tolentino are OFW's in the area. Are they working for the UAE pool program? I think Joyvie is a coach.