Fire away. Long weekend.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Ask me any question you wish. I will try to answer it.

You might even post a vid for me to watch.

I don't think anyone out here will hijack this thread so feel free to talk to me.

Fire away
randyg

Rockin' Robin

Mr. Texas Express
Silver Member
OK...I will quiz the master instructor. What are you playing with these days? What cue, shaft size, tip, weight etc. I have retired my Masterpiece cue because of the playing conditions down here...slow cloth, high humidity etc....and have been playing with my Founders cue as it moves the ball around better and jumps good.

row21097

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Break Speed

Randy,

My Break is weak (rarely above 17 mph). any hints or resources you could point me to?

Also, I am considering purchasing the BREAKRAK. Have you heard anything good or bad about it? Do you think it is a worthwhile training tool?

Thanks
Bert

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
aim

Randy
there are many systems for lining up on the OB. CTE, TOI, fractional etc.
any thoughts ?
and do you recommend getting down low on the CB for the shot or staying up a bit?

thanks in advance

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
OK...I will quiz the master instructor. What are you playing with these days? What cue, shaft size, tip, weight etc. I have retired my Masterpiece cue because of the playing conditions down here...slow cloth, high humidity etc....and have been playing with my Founders cue as it moves the ball around better and jumps good.

Still playing with my custom Jerico.
G-Core shaft
18oz

Great to hear you still play. You always played well.

randyg

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Randy,

My Break is weak (rarely above 17 mph). any hints or resources you could point me to?

Also, I am considering purchasing the BREAKRAK. Have you heard anything good or bad about it? Do you think it is a worthwhile training tool?

Thanks
Bert

Hi Bert

I like the BREAKRAK. Own one myself. There are always two ends of the Break. Yes, great training tool.

Email me personally and I will share my Break techniques with you:

goettlicher@verizon.net

Thanks
randyg

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Randy
there are many systems for lining up on the OB. CTE, TOI, fractional etc.
any thoughts ?
and do you recommend getting down low on the CB for the shot or staying up a bit?

thanks in advance

Hey lakeman

I teach about 12 different systems. Probably many more. I use Off-set aiming and CTE as my two main systems.

Are you referring to your head position?

randyg

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes head position. I notice some players have their head 15-18 in above the cue and others have their chin right down on the cue.
seems like I can see the shot easier from 15 inches up.
thanks

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
yes head position. I notice some players have their head 15-18 in above the cue and others have their chin right down on the cue.
seems like I can see the shot easier from 15 inches up.
thanks

Because we can't share the vision of other players it is our job to find the head position over the cue that produces the greatest results.

I don't find 15" to be that "high". Keep up the good work.

randyg

Last edited:

Gilbertfan81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Randy

I actually just wanted to check in and let you know about my progression. This is Justin from Lebanon TN. To give you guys some background, I just had a two day personal lesson in my home from Randy G. I have been doing my drills and working on my stroke. The stroke has become very natural and smooth. I feel like my ball striking is more precise than ever and the cue ball is coming off very clean. Folks if you are really interested in improving your game you should not invest in that magic $2000 cue, invest in your game and get some instruction. I highly recommend Randy he has an easy to understand method and absolutely knows his stuff.
Thanks for your help Randy

Dr Foot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Instruction

I've been trying to teach myself TOI and see that you've made loads of comments about it. Are you teaching it, and if so, are you coming to South Florida any time soon?

Don

67tbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Randy, just a quick question for you.

When I'm above the shot, before I get down, I'm sighting through the left quarter of the cue ball to my aim point.

When I get down, I'm naturally at center ball with my cue tip.

Is this wrong, and if so do you have any tips for creating an offset above the shot?

Hope you're enjoying your Independence Day weekend! :)

- Andy

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Hey Randy, just a quick question for you.

When I'm above the shot, before I get down, I'm sighting through the left quarter of the cue ball to my aim point.

When I get down, I'm naturally at center ball with my cue tip.

Is this wrong, and if so do you have any tips for creating an offset above the shot?

Hope you're enjoying your Independence Day weekend! :)

- Andy

Andy

It's not wrong if the ball goes in the pocket.

I use CTE above the shot. Also Offset Aiming could start above the ball.

Most Aiming Systems should be handled one-on-one. Let me research this and I will get back.

randyg

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
I actually just wanted to check in and let you know about my progression. This is Justin from Lebanon TN. To give you guys some background, I just had a two day personal lesson in my home from Randy G. I have been doing my drills and working on my stroke. The stroke has become very natural and smooth. I feel like my ball striking is more precise than ever and the cue ball is coming off very clean. Folks if you are really interested in improving your game you should not invest in that magic $2000 cue, invest in your game and get some instruction. I highly recommend Randy he has an easy to understand method and absolutely knows his stuff.
Thanks for your help Randy

It also helps the learning curve when I have a great student.

Justin, thank you for the great time and I'm looking forward to another visit.

Do your Mother Drills
randyg

67tbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Andy

It's not wrong if the ball goes in the pocket.

I use CTE above the shot. Also Offset Aiming could start above the ball.

Most Aiming Systems should be handled one-on-one. Let me research this and I will get back.

randyg

Ok, sounds good Randy.

I found that for me, a quarter CB offset above the shot allows me to set my right foot dead on line and fall into CCB.

Thank you for taking the time to research this. :)

- Andy

RWOJO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question

I have a few questions:

I tend to have problems if I am raised up even a little (shooting over a ball or CB near a rail and I need draw). What tips and advice do you have for staying straight when elevated? (I've tested it and its not consistantly off to one side)

How do you get refocused on those days that it is difficult to bear down and compete?

I was shown Mother Drill 1 and Mother Drill 2, are the rest of the Mother Drills posted anywhere on the web?

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
I have a few questions:

I tend to have problems if I am raised up even a little (shooting over a ball or CB near a rail and I need draw). What tips and advice do you have for staying straight when elevated? (I've tested it and its not consistantly off to one side)

I always choke up on my cue. Keeps me straight and true. I also change my eye pattern to "the cue ball last".

How do you get refocused on those days that it is difficult to bear down and compete?

I have an iron clad Mantra and a pool persona.

I was shown Mother Drill 1 and Mother Drill 2, are the rest of the Mother Drills posted anywhere on the web?

Shouldn't be. They are for SPF students only. Any one else would not understand.

Have a great day
randyg