First title win for melinda!!!!!...

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Wow, congratulations on the big win Trig.
You have worked hard for it in everything that you do.
Many more to come, Kiddo. Gotta get a case with flames on it now.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I knew from the first time i seen this young woman on a stream match,it wouldnt be long before she got good results,she was very determined and also very disiplend,although she didnt play very good when i watched(she was very nerviest)but i could tell she could play much better then she was at that time,she was upset u could see because she knew she was better then what she was showing,but she had lost that match ,but she tried and played hard all the way to the end,Melinda u r a really good player now and with ur determinenation and skills,u will slowly become one of the best women pool players out there,everybody can see in you how much u want it,now go and take it!

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Ya-freaking-hoo! That is awesome news!

Congratulations. Big-time.

Way to go, champ!

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
Thank you SO much, everyone! I have yearned for a Texas State title for so dang many years.... I always put too much pressure on myself and would get nervous of the "potential" because I wanted it so badly.

But on this day, I was in the zone for my last 5 matches on the one-loss side and even double dipped in the finals. :)

When I made the final 8ball at 230 in the morning, I dropped to my knees and sobbed in my hands!

Even as I type this, I'm very emotional. Exactly two months from my Mom's passing, I won the tourney.

43 ladies and very well-run event. And I won! OMG!

Sorry... still shocked!

Thank you again for the nice words! You all ROCK!

Last edited:

Stones

YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Silver Member
Mel,

I told you years ago that hanging around old, seedy, stinky poolrooms all hours of the night would pay off! LOL

Congrats, lady! You've always been a champion in my book!

Stones

TorranceChris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats Melinda on snaring that elusive title! Now, honestly, can you even remember the details of your last five matches ? People say, remember what you felt but if you're zoned in ... :) Congrats again.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Melinda

Congrats on your impressive win!!! Nice to get that first one under your belt...:thumbup:

ratnip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea!

Foooking Awesome. I am proud of you, but more so of your perseverance...the sign of a true champion.

Jay P.

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
Congrats Melinda on snaring that elusive title! Now, honestly, can you even remember the details of your last five matches ? People say, remember what you felt but if you're zoned in ... :) Congrats again.

Thank you, Chris! I actually can recall all details when I'm in the zone. I also am very aware of everything going on around me, but nothing bothers me (luckily).

This is my first title win. I've won a few tourneys before, but none had more than 20 players and didn't have a title associated with it. So, 43 players makes this Texas State title event that more sweeet. :)

Thanks again!

robleyf7

AZB Horse 2016
Silver Member
congrats hun so happy for you thats a great accomplishment your a champion now great job :D

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
WOW, can't believe I missed this post! Congrats Trig!!! I sure your mom was looking down and beaming with pride. Again, way to go, and now go get em at Nationals, TEXAS CHAMP!!! :thumbup: