Fishing in my pool case

AndyDandy75

How do you all get items out of your pool case?

We dropped one of my joint protectors down in our J&J pool case and either my partner or I put our cues in, it’s stuffed down in the bottom now
We know it’s down there as the lid is hard to close

Any advice is greatly appreciated
Andy

Last edited:

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you all get items out of your pool case?

We dropped one of my joint protectors down in our J&J pool case and either my partner or I put our cues in, it’s stuffed down in the bottom now
We know it’s down there as the lid is hard to close

Any advice is greatly appreciated
Andy
1. If you got lucky , the thread hole will be up, just stick the butt down in the case and screw it into the joint protector a few threads, and pull it out.
2. If you aren't that lucky, try some gorrilla tape on the end of a dowel or the end of a junk cue.
You may have to attach a small screw to a dowel {or other long pokey thing} and screw it into the JP to get it out if you have wedged it in there tightly

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Did you say "fishing"?

Fill your case with water. If it's wood, it should float to the top.
If it's aluminum, at least it won't rust.

Good luck!

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I would just get a new case. I’d probably have to because I would completely destroy that one trying to get the damn joint protector out.

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Tape a large easy-out to the end of a shaft. All you need to do is engage the threads of the JP enough to grab hold and pull it out.

Gorillar Tape may also do the trick, similar concept.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
four bucks..Harbor freight. If the magnetic part is too large for the case tube, you can just move it up the shaft..

Toxictom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Straighten a wire coat hangar and make a 90 degree bend in the end about as wide as the joint protector then go fishing. Slide wire all the way to the bottom, turn a bit to get under joint protector and coax it out slowly. Might help to have case on upside down angle during attempt. I just retrieved a glove this way.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
The first one listed is mechanical, has spring steel fingers

https://www.grainger.com/product/6T...b9XQK3abKS3y-TrKQp4aAqgBEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

hank
so is the Harbor freight one...has the mechanical grabber fingers, plus the magnets in the piece surrounding the shaft. Check out the 2nd pic in this link: