FORTIS Owners?

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
For those that own the Fortis shaft by tiger cues, Im interested in the pro 12mm may even end up getting a full Tiger cue. How does the shaft compare to the Becue engage 11.8, Jacoby black v4 11.8, cynergy? Also any one got some specs such as weight? Thank you!

March 7th 2024 Review:
Its Wonderful! It's a louder shaft but I don't mind that vocal feedback at all, and the performance is best I have played with out of all the carbon shafts. If you have a revo or any very low deflection shaft you shouldn't need to adjust at all. The shaft takes parallel English very well, front hand English extremely well and back had English ( I don't use ) I'd say just as good. The feedback is better than the Revo, the performance is top notch, I have not one complaint with the shaft, it just feels solid and well made. Other's have said their shaft came in at 3.75oz mine is just under 4oz but well balanced and isn't a problem for me. The Fortis Pro 12mm is well worth the money in my opinion, I have zero changes I want to do to it unlike there carbon shafts I have owned in the past.

Last edited:

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
@HueblerHustler7
I own the the fortis pro and fortis ld , imo these shafts have the best feedback/feel of any shaft Ive owned or tried in regard to carbon fiber shafts.
When comparing to the revo 11.8 , either of the fortis shafts offer similar LD/squirt to revo, but have alot more feel.
Compared to becue engage 11.8 or 12.3, fortis is not as stiff, but seems to have less squirt and definitely has better feel/feedback. The weight of the fortis Ld is 3.65oz, the weight of the fortis pro is 3.75oz.
Fortis pro is anywhere from .30oz- .50oz lighter than revo 11.8, engage 11.8.

Obviously as you know the tip can change the feel , but heres the thing , I have the ultraskin pro e.s. on the engage 11.8, revo 11.8, and fortis pro, and the fortis pro still clearly has better feel/feedback than all the others.

SSP

For those that own the Fortis shaft by tiger cues, Im interested in the pro 12mm may even end up getting a full Tiger cue. How does the shaft compare to the Becue engage 11.8, Jacoby black v4 11.8, cynergy? Also any one got some specs such as weight? Thank you!
I own the Becue Natural Born Naked cue with an Engage 11.8 30" shaft, this is a CF butt and shaft, what I like about it is the lack of vibration when striking the cue ball, I feel a solid hit as the tip goes through the cue ball but there is no vibration, I concur with SKILLZELITE that tips make a huge difference, I have been using the Kamui Athlete tip, it uses different hardness of leather in the same tip, check the website for details and it has been really working for me, TOAM has a tip called TOAM Fusion, with the same kind of idea, I figured these tips would hit similar but they are like night and day, the TOAM hits much harder, I've only had it on for a couple of days, but I am really starting to like it, one last thing, another thing I really like about the full CF cue is consistency, I have (2) of the 11.8 Engage shafts and they both have the same feel, once I pick out which tip I am going to stay with if during a match the tip comes off I can just switch shafts and not have to adjust anything.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
I own the Becue Natural Born Naked cue with an Engage 11.8 30" shaft, this is a CF butt and shaft, what I like about it is the lack of vibration when striking the cue ball, I feel a solid hit as the tip goes through the cue ball but there is no vibration, I concur with SKILLZELITE that tips make a huge difference, I have been using the Kamui Athlete tip, it uses different hardness of leather in the same tip, check the website for details and it has been really working for me, TOAM has a tip called TOAM Fusion, with the same kind of idea, I figured these tips would hit similar but they are like night and day, the TOAM hits much harder, I've only had it on for a couple of days, but I am really starting to like it, one last thing, another thing I really like about the full CF cue is consistency, I have (2) of the 11.8 Engage shafts and they both have the same feel, once I pick out which tip I am going to stay with if during a match the tip comes off I can just switch shafts and not have to adjust anything.

Thanks for the review, I have an engage, the thread was asking about the Fortis carbon shaft by Tiger cues.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
@HueblerHustler7
I own the the fortis pro and fortis ld , imo these shafts have the best feedback/feel of any shaft Ive owned or tried in regard to carbon fiber shafts.
When comparing to the revo 11.8 , either of the fortis shafts offer similar LD/squirt to revo, but have alot more feel.
Compared to becue engage 11.8 or 12.3, fortis is not as stiff, but seems to have less squirt and definitely has better feel/feedback. The weight of the fortis Ld is 3.65oz, the weight of the fortis pro is 3.75oz.
Fortis pro is anywhere from .30oz- .50oz lighter than revo 11.8, engage 11.8.

Obviously as you know the tip can change the feel , but heres the thing , I have the ultraskin pro e.s. on the engage 11.8, revo 11.8, and fortis pro, and the fortis pro still clearly has better feel/feedback than all the others.

Great review, and that is perfect I prefer my shafts to be within 3.7 at the low side and 3.8 high side! I think I will be treating myself to either just the shaft or a full tiger cue in march for my birthday hahahaha.

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
@HueblerHustler7
I genuinely believe you will be very happy with the fortis, best cf shaft Ive ever played with , due to the perfect blend of LD with a great Feel. I was apprehensive at first to put that much cash up on a tiger product, I know they been around , but their less mentioned by ppl. Best Shaft I bought so far..

Get at Nielsen billiards aka "joe rack em" on ebay, they have a billiard shop out in springfield Illinois. I checked with tiger themselves to confirm they were a authorized dealer of their products , and indeed they are. I reached out to Joe rack em aka Niellsen billiards on ebay and asked what the best price was they could do for the Tiger Fortis pro brand new , in my pin size, they told me 519 even ,no tax, & shipped . Thats the best price I believe youll find anywhere for the Fortis(New) .

Last edited:

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
@HueblerHustler7
I genuinely believe you will be very happy with the fortis, best cf shaft Ive ever played with , due to the perfect blend of LD with a great Feel. I was apprehensive at first to put that much cash up on a tiger product, I know they been around , but their less mentioned by ppl. Best Shaft I bought so far..

Get at Nielsen billiards aka "joe rack em" on ebay, they have a billiard shop out in springfield Illinois. I checked with tiger themselves to confirm they were a authorized dealer of their products , and indeed they are. I reached out to Joe rack em aka Niellsen billiards on ebay and asked what the best price was they could do for the Tiger Fortis pro brand new , in my pin size, they told me 519 even ,no tax, & shipped . Thats the best price I believe youll find anywhere for the Fortis(New) .
Awesome thank you very much for the information!

Rusty Dutch

I’ve played a Fortis LD 12.5 and compared to a Mezz Ignite, XP-Pro and a Revo.

The Fortis was really impressive - I only had an hour with it, but the feel of the hit was great - very much like a wood shaft. A satisfying thud sound on shots rather than the Revo ping, if that’s important to you.

To me the Fortis shafts I played were on par with the Mezz Ignite.

SSP

@HueblerHustler7

Nielsen Billiards has treated me well too.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure the Fortis is nice but speaking FOR ME ONLY there's not going to be much difference in it and any other shaft other than feel/sound differences. Not gonna pay 3-400 extra bux to get a cue that's sounds better. I like pool but i'd never whip 600 for any shaft. Its not going to improve my play enuff to justify it. Again, my $.02 on this nothing more.

SSP

I'm sure the Fortis is nice but speaking FOR ME ONLY there's not going to be much difference in it and any other shaft other than feel/sound differences. Not gonna pay 3-400 extra bux to get a cue that's sounds better. I like pool but i'd never whip 600 for any shaft. Its not going to improve my play enuff to justify it. Again, my $.02 on this nothing more.
Pool equipment in general has never been better especially shafts, no matter what LD shaft you buy there will always be some deflection imparted on the cue ball that you have to adjust for but the amount you have to adjust for is so small these days is crazy, find the cue/ shaft and the tip that works for you and go hit balls !!!!!!!!!!!!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool equipment in general has never been better especially shafts, no matter what LD shaft you buy there will always be some deflection imparted on the cue ball that you have to adjust for but the amount you have to adjust for is so small these days is crazy, find the cue/ shaft and the tip that works for you and go hit balls !!!!!!!!!!!!
roger that. agree 100%.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Sorry for the 'jack bro. I'd love to try one but nobody near me has one. I don't know anybody in Okla. that uses a Tiger cue to be honest. Just not a big brand around here.
Oh no worries, I totally agree and $600 is a hard penny to drop on a whim, but I have yet to hear a bad review, although there isn't much info out there. If I get one ill do a solid write up forsake like I did on that Jacoby v4, I like the idea on the weave non directional on the tiger, looks very similar the the Whyt look and Earlier wheat state carbons. Both of witch I haven't had the pleasure of trying, also the Whyte being the new toy thats up there in price as well. One thing im having an issue on the jump with the Whyte shaft is that joint system just gives me a eek on how the feedback can bee by making another joint separating the cue from " try into make cues hit like one solid piece". And the taper is very short it seems very strange looking to me, although I know thats part of the feel and performance they are trying to achieve. If I do try one I'd love to get one of those wood look alike ones they just released.

trfitters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try from Seyberts risk free. You have to pay return shipping if you don't like it and you lose the original shipping charge but we are talking probably $25-30 total.

On a side note, I reached out to Tiger directly about two things. Their 3/8x10 does fit a modified pin as well. Also, their joint OD is 21.6mm (.850) on radial, tiger joint and 3/8x10. 21.3mm (.840) on 5/16x14, 5/16x18 and uni-loc.

I'm still waiting on my cue with the shaft. Supposed to be here Tuesday and shipping is proving to be slow from Montana. I have attached some pics from the cue maker. It's a Spectraply cue which is used to make rifle stocks and is very similar to Dymondwood. It's a 60" (30/30) with a matching 8" extension.

Attachments

• received_267098843082079.jpeg
    received_267098843082079.jpeg
    342.4 KB · Views: 72
  • received_2610251269152472.jpeg
    received_2610251269152472.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 62
  • received_1098745851371367.jpeg
    received_1098745851371367.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 72
  • received_7753586411341475.jpeg
    received_7753586411341475.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 65

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
W
How have you been getting on with the Fortis?
Its Wonderful! It's a louder shaft but I don't mind that vocal feedback at all, and the performance is best I have played with out of all the carbon shafts. If you have a revo or any very low deflection shaft you shouldn't need to adjust at all. The shaft takes parallel English very well, front hand English extremely well and back had English ( I don't use ) I'd say just as good. The feedback is better than the Revo, the performance is top notch, I have not one complaint with the shaft, it just feels solid and well made. Other's have said their shaft came in at 3.75oz mine is 4oz but it is well balanced and isn't a problem for me. The Fortis Pro 12mm is well worth the money in my opinion and I am very grateful for the price JoeRackem on eBay gave me! I have zero changes I want to do to it unlike all the other carbon shafts I have owned in the past.

Last edited: