Free givaway of "The other side of the road"

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
alf welcome to azb
looking foward to reading your book and enjoyed the story about dick mc morran and cole dickson

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alrighty...

I'll give it a shot. If I don't win, I'm gonna buy one from Alfie anyhoo :thumbup:

youngstownkid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
welcome to the machine, sir. thanks for the contest giveaway, it's a good idea to generate interest, actually. good luck to you.

Alf Taylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark, you shark

So you've decided to stir thing up for your new pen pal. And the responses to your poste have me grinning. Well, sir. If you can figure out how to decide who wins, I call your one book and raise you four. Let's please five people, OK? You handle the game and I'll handle the postage.

I hope I'm not giving the impression my book is just worth giving away. I feel this is a modest gesture of my respect for what this new form of communication means to me.
Good luck and...
keep it nice. Alfie

BTW, I have a few pics. of A.F. in the book...and, I'm not initial dropping.

MOST IMPORTANT...To Houstoer. Loved your idea. Please PM me your address. You've won without entering. Nothing would please me more than to get yours in the mail first. Good by, good heart.

Last edited:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WELCOME ABOARD ALF!! Tighten down the hactches caues it's going to be a rough ride! Sorry you ran into a butthead so soon after arriving but I am not surprised at all. As fast as morons get banned new ones seem to show up! Guess its the nature of the internet forums in general so grow a thick skin and enjoy the ride!
Dan

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Alf

Welcome to AZB, and I would love to read your book, especially since we played for awhile down in the Village in Houston back in '71-72.

Banks

Banned
So you've decided to stir thing up for your new pen pal. And the responses to your poste have me grinning. Well, sir. If you can figure out how to decide who wins, I call your one book and raise you four. Let's please five people, OK? You handle the game and I'll handle the postage.

I hope I'm not giving the impression my book is just worth giving away. I feel this is a modest gesture of my respect for what this new form of communication means to me.
Good luck and...
keep it nice. Alfie

BTW, I have a few pics. of A.F. in the book...and, I'm not initial dropping.

MOST IMPORTANT...To Houstoer. Loved your idea. Please PM me your address. You've won without entering. Nothing would please me more than to get yours in the mail first. Good by, good heart.

Hi Alf and welcome to our internet home.

I do have a question, though. For many of us that don't know much about pool history, including all of the heros and villains ... Could you fill the rest of us in a little about yourself? Thanks in advance.

Alf Taylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gotta clear something up

It seems I have inadvertantly hung a non-deserving "bad boy' lable on someone just because I reacted to how something was said, instead of listening to what was being said. For the record, said scoundrel has overlooked my "po po pitiful me" talk, and has become a pal...

Your question about who I was and how I fit in goes something like this. I wasn't a top player but competant enough to move around towns without much concern. But, because my older brother, Jack, was a solid road hustler and I took some trips with him before I ever touched a cue, I learned about winning and holding on to what I won pretty early. No booze, cards, dice or horses. I didn't drink or throw away money. I knew the road and how to work it and, fortunately, I spent enough time in the company of U.J. Puckett to win most every time and traveling with Eddie Taylor, I learned to take people's money witout stripping them of their their dignity. Because of that and devine assistance of a guardian angel (Plus, a little firepower once or twice) I escaped with my digits intact...thank God (in the literal sense)
It's all in the book.
All is good. Keep it nice. Alfie

Last edited:

pool101

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It seems I have inadvertantly hung a non-deserving "bad boy' lable on someone just because I reacted to how something was said, instead of listening to what was being said. For the record, said scoundrel has overlooked my "po po pitiful me" talk, and has become a pal...

Your question about who I was and how I fit in goes something like this. I wasn't a top player but competant enough to move around towns without much concern. But, because my older brother, Jack, was a solid road hustler and I took some trips with him before I ever touched a cue, I learned about winning and holding on to what I won pretty early. No booze, cards, dice or horses. I didn't drink or throw away money. I knew the road and how to work it and, fortunately, I spent enough time in the company of U.J. Puckett to win most every time and traveling with Eddie Taylor, I learned to take people's money witout stripping them of their their dignity. Because of that and devine assistance of a guardian angel (Plus, a little firepower once or twice) I escaped with my digits intact...thank God (in the literal sense)
It's all in the book.
All is good. Keep it nice. Alfie

Welcome Alfie, and I know the douche bag, he is ok, aside from being British! :smile: You can't hold that against him. Just give it back.
I am looking forward to your book. I should be on your list already.
Mark