??? Full-splice cues ???

vinniebabarooch

Wanna Sell Your Hercek?
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow didn't know that. Am I the only on that finds this sounds like an odd or unusual practice. Please understand, I'm not criticizing just questioning as I'm curious about the details as I have admired his creations almost since I started playing. Has Joel ever given you his reasoning for having a veneered blank instead of just a plain full splice blank in the forearm of his box or art cues? Is that just his style or is there some real added function to having those veneers in there? Does he use specific colors or specific wood veneers for this function?

Thanks and good shooting to you

Kevin

Hi Kevin,
Joel says that the four points with the veneers makes the full splice blank super strong and solid. His motto for his cues is
"built on a solid foundation".
Hope that helps.

pooln8r

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Kevin,
Joel says that the four points with the veneers makes the full splice blank super strong and solid. His motto for his cues is
"built on a solid foundation".
Hope that helps.

Sounds like a good enough reason to me. That man makes some seriously great hitting cues from what I remember when trying them years ago. Hopefully someday I'll be lucky enough to acquire one.

Thanks for the answer!

Good shooting to you,

Kevin

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bear and Josey also if you go to bears site he explains all about the full splice very good info there

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Guys don't forget darrin hill full splice cues!! Top notch as well!

I believe that Scott Gracio (sp?) and Murray Tucker also make up their own full splice cues .... and I want one of each for my little collection.

Thanks for mentioning Jeff Prather. My experience with them on a simple ebony full splice cue was outstanding, great people making great cues at a great price. I am sure I will get the same excellent treatment when I finally corner III :wink:

Dave

obr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to clarify, with the same shaft, would a full splice butt play stiffer than a half splice butt?