fury or j&j jump/break cue?

svd

Registered
i am looking for a cheap j/b cue. i've never had a jump or break cue so i am starting with the cheap stuff. i will get something fancier later. so - fury j/b or j&j j/b?? what do you think?? the price difference between the two won't affect my decision.

i prefer to have one cue that breaks and jumps right now.

thanks a lot for responding!!

st

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
i am looking for a cheap j/b cue. i've never had a jump or break cue so i am starting with the cheap stuff. i will get something fancier later. so - fury j/b or j&j j/b?? what do you think?? the price difference between the two won't affect my decision.

i prefer to have one cue that breaks and jumps right now.

thanks a lot for responding!!

st

My opinion would be to go with the J&J. I have had both and just didn't like how end weighted the Fury j/b was.

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
Never had the J@J but a friend of mine here in Afghanistan had the fury. I used it to break and though it broke great. Used it to jump in the same game and it jumped just fine. Made a cross side bank shot after jumping the five. Before that I haven't jumped in at least two years. So I guess between the two I would favor the Fury.

svd

Registered
My opinion would be to go with the J&J. I have had both and just didn't like how end weighted the Fury j/b was.

all the weight is in the back?? i prefer middle weighed or just slightly more distributed weight. i hit with a mcdermott sledgehammer today and the shaft felt like it was twice as heavy as my playing shaft (reduced ob-1). it felt like a lot of weight in the front -- i guess that's the other extremity. i'd like a stiff shaft, but heavy felt uncomfortable.

i wish i could try them, but there are no real dealers out here.

Last edited:

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Break/jump cue

I have a J&J break/jump cue with 2 shafts, and I have tried the Fury. I would go with the J&J. I agree that it has better balance to it than the Fury.

For the money, J&J is a better value. Do what I do with any Pool equipment, for cues or cases, you know what you pay, but after you use them, assign a value to them.

For the J&J break/jump cue, I paid $44 (on Ebay), plus $30 for a 2nd shaft, but I assigned a worth it value of $225 to it. I also bought a 2nd one for my brother for $65.

To me, the J&J has turned out like getting a Sneaky Pete fairly cheap, but that you consider it's actual value to be more.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
all the weight is in the back?? i prefer middle weighed or just slightly more distributed weight. i hit with a mcdermott sledgehammer today and the shaft felt like it was twice as heavy as my playing shaft (reduced ob-1). it felt like a lot of weight in the front -- i guess that's the other extremity. i'd like a stiff shaft, but heavy felt uncomfortable.

i wish i could try them, but there are no real dealers out here.

Yea it felt like all the weight was in the end of the butt. I just liked the j&j a lot better so far as balance is concerned. I got a j/b from Steve Lomax about a year later and will say that his jump/break bulldozes over either of them.

wadds

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i vote for the j&j too. i had the fury and just couldnt get a good feel for it on the break. got the j&j and it feels very solid on the break and jumps very nicely for me. hope this helps good luck

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
When I break out my Fury J/B in jump cue form, the balls start jumping before I even get to the table!

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Steve

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
When I break out my Fury J/B in jump cue form, the balls start jumping before I even get to the table!

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Steve

I will agree with ya there. The Fury is the better jumper of the two, but I still like the J&J for breaking

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Altought the Fury JB is one of the best selling Break/Jump cues out there we are still open to changing it for the better.

For those of you that have the Fury but prefere something else what would you like to see changed?

I am in the position to change the cue's specs. In fact I have several prototypes that no one else has seen yet. But I want to hear from you.

I have already read that one person felt that theirs was too heavy in the lower end of the cue.

What else?

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Altought the Fury JB is one of the best selling Break/Jump cues out there we are still open to changing it for the better.

For those of you that have the Fury but prefere something else what would you like to see changed?

I am in the position to change the cue's specs. In fact I have several prototypes that no one else has seen yet. But I want to hear from you.

I have already read that one person felt that theirs was too heavy in the lower end of the cue.

What else?

The one I had my opinions were:

I loved the look of the cue
I loved the shaft
I liked the fit of the joint, but thought a 3/8x10 would be better
I liked the wrap, but thought a stacked leather wrap would have been spot on
I thought it jumped fantastic
I did not like the balance point. It seemed very end weighted and considering that it would be used mostly to break with that was the deal breaker.

I can honestly say that if it were more balanced it would be the best j/b for the money.