Fusco's The Spot (smoking allowed - nasty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, it sounds like the Clean Indoor Air Act is a violation of that businesses private property rights.

As far as I know they are a private property open to the public not public property. I have no problem with the government governing their own property.

Obviously you and people like you who create these Act's are the problem...you lack the self control and intelligence to make decisions for yourself so you lobby for the government to do it for you at the expense of everyone's free will and freedom.

If you were correct then the law would have been challenged and overturned long ago. I was in the pool room business when it was illegal in our state for a minor under 21 to even come in a pool room.

We took it all the way to the state supreme court and won. The law was thrown out lock-stock and barrel.
If you are right then that is what they should do with their smoking law.
What we say here has no weight just personal opinions and much, including mine, really very not well informed.

bmsclayton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
where

The average IQ is around 99 surprisingly down from 100 a decade ago. The number of 100 was originally set as an average to measure up and down from but has now oddly slipped a point from what I have read.
Although an IQ of 90 would still have you in the so called normal range it would be quite low with only about 25 to maybe 30% of the public that low.

In most cases public officials are elected by the will of the people but not to exercise the will of the people. If that was the case we would still not have segregation. If you put it to a straight vote today all religions other then the majority religion would be outlawed.

The people can not be trusted to do the right and constitutional thing. They would only interpret laws as they want them to apply based on their own wants and needs. You see it today with amazing attempts to block voting rights.

In Ferguson where the shooting was in the last election only 6% of black people voted meantime they are 67% of the population. Do you think that was an accident?

Do you think it is an accident that they have all white representation on the school board, mayor, cite counsel almost all the police are white. The town is run like a plantation and they keep the blacks in their place. That is what you get when your representatives don't do the right thing.

That is all over there now though. They are getting so organized the next election a white man could not get elected dog catcher. They have awaken a sleeping giant called 67% of the population. They just didn't know it till now.

Ever see a 5 year old walking a 90lb dog? The dog just does what it is told and has no idea it can just bite off the 5 year olds head.

I am just curious where you are from and would like to hear more of your thoughts about Ferguson.

cueaddict

Registered
I agree, if want to play somewhere that is smoke free just wait a few mouths for " that other" place to open, than you can ***** about fights, your car getting broken in to, and shootings! Ok so people smoke at The Spot it's still the best to play pool around! The staff is friendly, the tables play great, and Pete is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet! So before you judge the place, give it another try.

By the way I'm a nonsmoker! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banks

Banned
Let me guess, anarchist? :)

Nope. Don't worry, you keep trying and you'll be right about something eventually.

Where's your discussion about second hand smoke?

You're a little rat and you're proud of it. Some things never change.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am just curious where you are from and would like to hear more of your thoughts about Ferguson.

I don't really have any thoughts, I am just parroting facts and leave them out there. I live in the south though and have since they had separate water fountains. I am not shocked though there are still places like Ferguson.

I intentionally used the word "Plantation" to describe the attitude of people in many towns like those.

When I used to run around the south playing pool I was in a zillion of them. In fact, I was not wanted in many of those towns myself. I had hair down to my back and a beard. I usually dressed much like across between a hippie and a biker.

I still do in fact and I have had a lot of experience with being judged by my appearance or profiled. I have been stopped and detained by police. Once in Georgia I got stopped and I had like $3000 in my pocket.

They took it and I thought they were not going to give it back but after some conversation they gave me my money and let me go. I was a little nervous though. I once got stopped for stealing my own car.

The cop saw me and just had an instinct to stop me and check it out. He let me go but said my pipes were too loud. It was a new Firebird Formula. I didn't even take delivery on the car it went straight to a custom shop. That car was really something and very fast.

Want to hear something really strange, I actually think I get treated a little better since the Duck Dynasty guys. They have made people who look like me acceptable. Even little children look at me a smile or point saying "Duck Duck"

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you were correct then the law would have been challenged and overturned long ago. I was in the pool room business when it was illegal in our state for a minor under 21 to even come in a pool room.

We took it all the way to the state supreme court and won. The law was thrown out lock-stock and barrel.
If you are right then that is what they should do with their smoking law.
What we say here has no weight just personal opinions and much, including mine, really very not well informed.
Bit of a utopian perspective there.

You act as if the government has always righted their wrongs. Or worse that a group of people would stand down knowing that they're infringing on someone's rights.

We live in a selfish world that comes at the expense of plenty of freedoms.

There are plenty of cities where you can't open a strip club or open a pool hall near a day care. No shortage of over legislation because of people like the OP who can't figure out how to exercise their own free will and need someone to hold their hand in life.

I think its great that some of you guys don't smoke. I don't smoke and I'm all for smoke free pool halls but not the expense of tearing down someone else's good honest business. There is no good reason that they can't co-exists and that an adult can't choose for him/herself which establishment to enter.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Some idiot starts a thread about this room because he doesn't like cigarette smoke and now people are talking about filing legal complaints?

There are several people that need to shut the fvck up and stop posting this shit right now.

This room would suffer financially if they were forced to ban indoor smoking. Anyone that disagrees is wrong.

So because of your personal opinion, a man who has done a lot for the game of pool has to have his business hurt?

Shut the fvck up and start a thread about banning smoking. Leave this specific pool room out of it. They don't deserve this.

Jackasses.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The state shouldn't decide these things. The open/free market should.

What do you mean by "these things?" Laws regulate the sale of clearly harmful products. And nothing even approaches the harmfulness of something that kills half a million Americans per year. So if you think there should be no regulation of THAT, I guess anything goes.

And we know the free market didn't work in this case, because there were no regulations of this kind up until only a short time ago, and virtually no places banned smoking. Then, after the bans were implemented, business went up (duh), because the majority of people who are non-smokers started going to the restaurants and bars that they had previously stayed away from.

On the other hand, people like our honorable Speaker of the House famously handed out checks for "campaign contributions" from the tobacco industry while our honorable representatives were expressing the "people's will" by voting on tobacco-related legislation on the House floor.

These bans are a case of the people winning over the bribery, uh "lobbying" of corporations that profit from selling products that kill half a million Americans a year.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My god are there any kind of moderators on this site? This thread needs to die..

You are right but people who claim to be speaking on Mr. Fusco's behalf or in his support won't let it die. I agree so after this I won't be the one to bring it back to life again.

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, it sounds like the Clean Indoor Air Act is a violation of that businesses private property rights.

As far as I know they are a private property open to the public not public property. I have no problem with the government governing their own property.

If you felt this strongly did you speak up when there was a request for comments? Did you reach out to your lawmakers in the weeks and months leading up to the signing of the bill? It's the law now, so you're going to have to deal with it.

Of concern is not whether Fusco's The Spot claimed "private club" status in getting an exemption...it's whether they met (and continue to meet) all the requirements. I suspect not, based on points made earlier in this thread.

If Fusco's The Spot failed to meet the mandates, I wouldn't be surprised to see the state pull their exemption. The smokers will leave, then they'll come back, and along the way you'll see some new faces. Or maybe Fusco's The Spot will shut their doors for good. It's up to them how things pan out.

If Fusco's The Spot loses their exemption they'll have a 10 year wait before they can apply again. By then there may not be any exemptions. Most of the old smokers might have already died of cancer or emphysema (hopefully they didn't drag any non smokers down with them) and smoking will be a thing of the past.

Or maybe Fusco's The Spot will do the right thing and become a smoke free room. Then the smoking minority can exercise their right to come in or not, maybe even picket the place. Everyone is free to choose, right? :)

I'm betting the smokers will come in to play and will deal with the tedious walk outside to smoke that cigarette and the healthy players will finally be able to avoid the second hand cigarette smoke. It's not like there's a smoking room down the block.

Last edited:

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
This might have to be my new drinking game for the week.
Go to sleep with post #X and when i get home from work, see how many times a particular poster chosen at random, posts after #X, and drink accordingly.
:eek:

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Wonder how the auto industry gets away with this.... :eek:

BTW does anyone hold a gun to the head of smokers? I didn't think so.

When does it end... sugary drinks, French fries, fried chicken, cookies, candy, sex.. that's right,sex... it kills..... by this logic anyone HIV + needs to be tattooed so people can make the choice to sleep with them or not. Or like smoking.. do we just do away with them.. that's the easy solution, seems to match the logic of the non-smokers.

Be careful what you wish for.

JV

These bans are a case of the people winning over the bribery, uh "lobbying" of corporations that profit from selling products that kill half a million Americans a year.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you felt this strongly did you speak up when there was a request for comments? Did you reach out to your lawmakers in the weeks and months leading up to the signing of the bill? It's the law now, so you're going to have to deal with it.

Of concern is not whether Fusco's The Spot claimed "private club" status in getting an exemption...it's whether they met (and continue to meet) all the requirements. I suspect not, based on points made earlier in this thread.

If Fusco's The Spot failed to meet the mandates, I wouldn't be surprised to see the state pull their exemption. The smokers will leave, then they'll come back, and along the way you'll see some new faces. Or maybe Fusco's The Spot will shit their doors for good. It's up to them how things pan out.

If Fusco's The Spot loses their exemption they'll have a 10 year wait before they can apply again. By then there may not be any exemptions. Most of the old smokers might have already died of cancer or emphysema (hopefully they didn't drag any non smokers down with them) and smoking will be a thing of the past.

Or maybe Fusco's The Spot will do the right thing and become a smoke free room. Then the smoking minority can exercise their right to come in or not, maybe even picket the place. Everyone is free to choose, right? :)

I'm betting the smokers will come in to play and will deal with the tedious walk outside to smoke that cigarette and the healthy players will finally be able to avoid the second hand cigarette smoke. It's not like there's a smoking room down the block.
I have spoken out against legislation aimed to ban smoking in adult only establishments here in my state and especially my city. The amount of self serving arrogance and blatant disregard for what is right is nothing short of disturbing. Especially when you put money behind it and lobby votes at the expense of fundamental rights.

What's really disturbing is that you're so enormously full of yourself and your egotistical arrogant self centered opinion that you're willing to tear down someone's business because you can't figure out how to go play pool somewhere else.

What does that say about you? You want to destroy what someone built, possibly damage his family and their future because you're too thick to realize that its not all about you and the world doesn't revolve around your personal preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.