Gandy Big G Ball return questions

blackflagsailor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was going to post this in the 'Ask a mechanic' section but I feel I should also ask my questions to tabIe owners.

I have a 9' Gandy Big G Limited that once had a ball return on it. I bought a ball return box from Ken Hash at Classic Billiards but I waited on the return gullies for now as I'm not sure which way I want to go.

If I order new pockets with plastic ball return tubes, what size tube lengths do I need for a 9' table? I don't know how far the pockets lead into the tubes. I've seen the plastic tubes in 40", 42", and 46". Unfortunately my supplier is out of stock on the 46" tubes....

My other question; If I go for a more original restoration job, I would order the wire style Gandy ball returns from Ken at Classic Billiards. Does anyone have a Gandy Big G with the original wire ball returns installed? Could you please post or send me some photos of the inside of your pockets and from underneath the table showing the outside of the pockets to the ball returns?

I'd like to see several examples of different Gandy Big G tables. Please share!

rebelchris

rebelchris
Silver Member
I've got a gandy being installed here at my home Friday. It's 9" with ball return. I'll try to remember to shoot ya some pics when I get it set up. Or you can pm me and remind me if you wish.

rebelchris

rebelchris
Silver Member
It does have the wire return. Send me your email or cell number and i can text or email you some pics

blackflagsailor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First off; It's been a while!

I have been working, moving, responsibilities, blah blah... I have yet build my Irish Pub game room and the table is still temporarily in an insulated workshop. At least I have plenty of space to play! Last work I did on it was to replace the cushions, put some very lovely green Gorina on, and installed an original Big G Ball return box (Thanks Ken!).

Anywho, I've been about finishing getting the return setup. Ken has the original wire ball returns, which I may order eventually. For now, I've been looking into ordering a set of ball return pockets and tubes from Muellers. Unfortunately, the longest plastic tubes Muellers carries come in 46.5". I am not 100% if these are long enough for a 9ft table. Second and even bigger issue; Muellers does not currently have these in stock. In fact, They have been long time out of stock on the item and as of now, are unclear if and when they with get a new order from the supplier.

So... I am wondering about either finding plastic tubing in the same size from another supplier or seeing if piping will work somehow. Does anyone have these style pockets on their table? What is the inside diameter of the tubes? How do these tubes connect to the pockets? Do the tubes fit into the pockets, or do the pockets fit into the tubes?