n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
the G series is all clear glass, Gc series is colored glass but still cool cool

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
My brain just doesnt accept it. Someone explain this to me...

You are supposed to play with the balls directly on the glass?

Dartman

Silver Member

There's a film material that goes over the glass. You apply it similar to applying window tint.
I think Bob (mechanic/player) did one of these glass tables if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

QuickEdward

Silver Member

There is a clear polymer applied to the glass that's designed to generate resistance and friction similar to that of playing on cloth. I've seen video of games played on these tables and it seems to be pretty close.

As far as the "GC" moniker, I'm assuming the G stands for glass (all of the tables are glass) and the C stands for cloth - i.e. the GC tables are glass tables with cloth.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
There is a clear polymer applied to the glass that's designed to generate resistance and friction similar to that of playing on cloth. I've seen video of games played on these tables and it seems to be pretty close.

As far as the "GC" moniker, I'm assuming the G stands for glass (all of the tables are glass) and the C stands for cloth - i.e. the GC tables are glass tables with cloth.

hmmm. thats wild. to each his own i guess.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Where did you get this info, the add in the link clearly says simonis is stretched over the glass.

turntable billi

Registered
They are refering to a different series table by the same manufactuer. The first series "G" series or glass , second series th"GC" or glass covered. Just an assumption I gathered from reading the thread.

Last edited: