ginky memorial

billf59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a question but first I want everyone to know I am not against it at all I have seen that a couple times at Steinway they let the young boy that goes by the handle little focus in the bar or in the place where boozes is served is it a different state law because here in AL they want let a under age person in because I have a young friend that is 12 and he would like to go to sees a tournament and ever one here is in a bar

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a question but first I want everyone to know I am not against it at all I have seen that a couple times at Steinway they let the young boy that goes by the handle little focus in the bar or in the place where boozes is served is it a different state law because here in AL they want let a under age person in because I have a young friend that is 12 and he would like to go to sees a tournament and ever one here is in a bar

I think I found the question in your post.

"Do they allow kids in other states in pool rooms with alcohol?" I think that was it.

In MA, all do till evening (7 pm I think) and some let them in at all hours, especially if they are "players" and known in the room. My son is 15 now and has been playing in Snookers even late probably since he was 13. There is also a regular room we play in with a bar that had kids in it all the time, there was a bit league tournament that lasted till after 3 am, kids were playing in that. My son actually won the 8 ball lower handicap bracket and a 14 yr old girl won the 9 ball lower handicap bracket, with a 12 yr old girl going undefeated for 4 rounds in the 8 ball and a few other kids going deep in the field.

I don't know exactly what the official state law is, but I do know that many pool halls with a bar has let kids in even at night. Even regular bars with a bar table have let kids in, just with restrictions that they stay around the table. If there is a law about kids in places with a bar after hours, the police do not follow it very strongly since I've seen a cop or two show up in a room when I was there with young players and they never said anything.

billf59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks like I said I am all for it I think it is grate that they let kids in some places but I have tried several times here and they all said they did not want to risk there license

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks like I said I am all for it I think it is grate that they let kids in some places but I have tried several times here and they all said they did not want to risk there license

I'm sure you can find exactly what is allowed and not from the local police or town hall. Like I said, I don't even know exactly what the law is in MA about kids and bring them to places that serve alcohol, I just go by what has been my experiences with a bunch of different rooms. By the fact that we have run into several officers while inside pool rooms in the evenings that have bars, I am assuming its OK, but then again it may be just them being nice to the kids that are not there to cause trouble but to play pool. Heck, my son is even friendly with one of the bouncers from a place that is known for being in a rough neighborhood, he walks over to us to chat with him all the time when we are there at night.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Is English your first language?

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I'm in New York City, and all the poolhalls have liquor licenses. Kids are a common sight on weekend afternoons. Baby strollers are not uncommon on early league nights. One of the managers told me the law allows minors up to 6pm. After that, they have to start asking for proof of age, and banding people.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Bill my man, I enjoy reading your posts. I am no English Major but PLEASE, mix in a period once in a while. Also, use spell check! Sorry. You and Phil Capelle (an actual author) have a lot in common. Post on brother!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
No.....Hillbilly is his first one. Bill is a good guy and is just trying to get some answers.

He's alright by me.....where I come from, we did the waRshing....
....and old people got ARTHURitis....
....but I had an uncle Bill who got five patents on farm machinery.

Up here, kids can come around as long as they have a food menu

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
He's alright by me.....where I come from, we did the waRshing....
....and old people got ARTHURitis....
....but I had an uncle Bill who got five patents on farm machinery.

Up here, kids can come around as long as they have a food menu

I know Bill personally and he is as good as gold. He's just not up to date on his technology. Down here though kids can't step foot in a bar because all of these guys are scared of losing their liquor licenses.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I meant no disrespect.
I know we have a number of posters that English is not the first language they learned.
I was just wondering.

I know you didn't and neither did I. I totally understand about the English thing. Keep on rocking it with the Lucasi......and when you get a chance hook me up with some of that water.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
...and when you get a chance hook me up with some of that water.

That water is priced sky high now....California has been buying it up.
Hanks is now listed on the stock market at a price higher than Microsoft.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know you didn't and neither did I. I totally understand about the English thing. Keep on rocking it with the Lucasi......and when you get a chance hook me up with some of that water.

Hanks water
Lucasi pool cue
Diamond table
Priceless

billf59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey man sorry about the English did use spell check did bad in English in and math .but finish HIGH SCHOOL and became a master electrician my computer is about as red neck as I am .GOT no beef with any one its all good thanks Allen