give me some advice for my major problem

westlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
give me some advice with my prob when i shot the OB in straight shot with a slow/less power i made a shot but when i put a power whit my shot i miss to shot the OB even it is straight shoot...i grip the cue stick with middle finger and thumb only and my arms near in my chest after stroking the cue,,the cue i under my chin and both eyes,,,im a right eye dominant but im comfortable to put the cue under the middle of my nose.....

can u help me..do i have to change my stance,,or the stroke type/style

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Anytime you hit the ball harder any stroke flaws you have are magnified. One of the most common is to tighten up your grip (cradle) at impact who's pushes your cue off line. Grip pressure is something you should feel.

A video will help us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

westlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i make again a drill for me last night,,i put a piece of chalk at the 2nd diamond and i put my cue ball in the foot spot when i hit the cue ball soft/low power the cue ball come back to my cue stick tip and i know that i make the stroke straight,,but when i push my cue ball with hard/power the cue ball goes to the left or right side a 3 inches or more,,,,,

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
give me some advice with my prob when i shot the OB in straight shot with a slow/less power i made a shot but when i put a power whit my shot i miss to shot the OB even it is straight shoot...i grip the cue stick with middle finger and thumb only and my arms near in my chest after stroking the cue,,the cue i under my chin and both eyes,,,im a right eye dominant but im comfortable to put the cue under the middle of my nose.....

can u help me..do i have to change my stance,,or the stroke type/style

You are a beginner. You are at the beginning of a very long process. Find a teacher with a good reputation to help you. You are in the Philippines where pool is very popular. You should be able to find help there.

If you want to try to do it yourself, you will have to practice many, many hours on the pool table before you can even figure out what questions to ask.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I agree with Ms. Crimi.

In today's times there are many that are willing to help & many sources of information. Personal instructors, books, DVD's, & the Internet, You Tube,

Use all at your disposal & then play, play, play & play some more. The table can be a very good teacher if you pay attention to it's teachings.

Get your stroke straight asap. From there much can be done. Without a straight stroke you will be trying to sail across the ocean with no wind.

Good Luck & Enjoy the Journey.

Best Wishes,
Rick

PS Listen to Ms. Crimi

westlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to all of the comments yap im a begginer of this game almost 3 months from now 3times a week i play..yes im here in philippines but i do not have some instructor i can affrord to pay money for them,,,im learning only by the self study

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to all of the comments yap im a begginer of this game almost 3 months from now 3times a week i play..yes im here in philippines but i do not have some instructor i can affrord to pay money for them,,,im learning only by the self study

Where are you in the Philippines? I have learned a lot from the locals here in the Subic area. While there aren't any real instructors here, many of the Filipinos regularly answer my questions and provide free advice. They love to show you how good they are. Try and shoot at the same place all the time and make friends with the regulars there.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where are you in the Philippines? I have learned a lot from the locals here in the Subic area. While there aren't any real instructors here, many of the Filipinos regularly answer my questions and provide free advice. They love to show you how good they are. Try and shoot at the same place all the time and make friends with the regulars there.

I'm curious about how they teach and how they practice. Can you share anything cool with us?

Do they drill or just play and learn?

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm curious about how they teach and how they practice. Can you share anything cool with us?

Do they drill or just play and learn?

I play in many different bars, not in any pool halls. I have never seen any local practice drills. They just play games against each other whenever the opportunity arrives. Manila might be different.

No one here is a real instructor but there are about 4 guys who are very very good players and I will watch them play each other. I focus on the English they use and I will ask them about certain shots after the game. They will show me and I will try the shots a few times.