Giving Up A Spot..I'm a BANGER!!!

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
We let me start off by saying I can maybe break and run 2 out of 10 racks on a Valley var box on a good night. 9-ball or 10-ball. A few months back I was playing a guy(an APA 5) and was giving him a HUGE SPOT. I gave him the breaks and the 4 out in a race to 9 playing 9-ball. I wound up winning 9-2. I took 100 pennies from him.....LOL;)

Last night I was playing another AZ'er and a friend. We were just messing around playing 10-ball on his home table and is started woofing at them. It was all in fun, but if you didn't know us and saw us out in public you would swear we hated each other with a passion. These two guys I was playing with are two of the greatest guys you would ever come in contact with....PERIOD. billf59 is one of them and the others name is Mike....he comes on here but doesn't post.

Anyway, I told them both I would give them the 4 out, the breaks, and 2 on the wire in a race to 5. Bill just looked at Mike and said," Mike, I don't know if he thinks he's just that good or if he just thinks we suck that bad." I almost fell over in the floor laughing so hard. I had never heard it put that way......but it was hilarious.

I could not beat Mike with that spot, but it would've been fun to try. Now Bill on the other hand is a PRO-Banger and I could have easily given him that spot and won.:D He has been working very hard to reach that PRO status.

Have any of you given up that kind of weight and regretted it?
Have any of you given up that kind of weight and came out smelling like a rose?

billf59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will take the three out 3 out 3 0n the wire and brakes for the can and a steak IS IT A MNTCH

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you ever come by New Orleans, I'll play some. I'm an APA 5 and I'll take the breaks and the 4 out, if that's what you are spotting. :)

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I will take the three out 3 out 3 0n the wire and brakes for the can and a steak IS IT A MNTCH

I'll give you that spot in a race to 7 on a Valley bar box....not your tight Fisher table. A good steak dinner at Double D's and $10 in the can. You are the only one I'll give that to. All the rest of these guys are short stops.....you're just Banger Bill.:eek:

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
We let me start off by saying I can maybe break and run 2 out of 10 racks on a Valley var box on a good night. 9-ball or 10-ball. A few months back I was playing a guy(an APA 5) and was giving him a HUGE SPOT. I gave him the breaks and the 4 out in a race to 9 playing 9-ball. I wound up winning 9-2. I took 100 pennies from him.....LOL;)

Last night I was playing another AZ'er and a friend. We were just messing around playing 10-ball on his home table and is started woofing at them. It was all in fun, but if you didn't know us and saw us out in public you would swear we hated each other with a passion. These two guys I was playing with are two of the greatest guys you would ever come in contact with....PERIOD. billf59 is one of them and the others name is Mike....he comes on here but doesn't post.

Anyway, I told them both I would give them the 4 out, the breaks, and 2 on the wire in a race to 5. Bill just looked at Mike and said," Mike, I don't know if he thinks he's just that good or if he just thinks we suck that bad." I almost fell over in the floor laughing so hard. I had never heard it put that way......but it was hilarious.

I could not beat Mike with that spot, but it would've been fun to try. Now Bill on the other hand is a PRO-Banger and I could have easily given him that spot and won.:D He has been working very hard to reach that PRO status.

I have a rule I go by. If we are that far apart then we don't need to play. I have given up the break ,BIH after the break and played a 7-2 race. I won the 1st two times and then he wanted to add more to it. I told him that we are just to far apart to play. I don't want to play anyone bad enough to give them so much that I can't win but if I do give up weight it's never less than a short $50 race

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
giving up weight

I'm sure I've given up weight and lost my fair share of times but more fun to remember the time I got away with it!

I was way off my hunting grounds and not bashful about showing my speed which was pretty near my lifetime peak. The opponent was someone I had known forever and we were very competitive at everything. In social play playing eight ball I was giving pretty bad bar room bangers the spot that I would make all my balls shooting banks or legal combinations.

We stumbled into an old pool hall and I offered "Bill" the usual spot. As soon as I had opened my mouth I realized a few things. Bill wasn't a gambler but he lost very little gambling in a bar room for beers or small bets. He wasn't nearly as bad as the people I usually gave this spot to. Also, we had that competitive thing going and he would bust his butt to try to beat me, spot or not!

The pool gods were kind and I hit a super high gear from the first shot! I was getting out in one or two innings, if it took longer it was usually a matter of getting a decent bank on the eightball. I was a fair one or three rail banker, knew a couple of simple two rail banks, pretty hopeless otherwise. At the time I was a comboing fool and these weren't tight pockets on this old nine footer.

We didn't have long to play before I jumped on a big silver bird so we had just grabbed the closest table by the counter. We had played maybe twenty minutes or so when I realized the guy behind the counter and everyone else in the place, only about a dozen, had quit playing and all were clustered around our table.

"Who are you?" "Where are you from?" "Do you want us to call somebody for a game?" A very excited group of onlookers "that just knew a star was amongst them!"

Well I wasn't about to tell them I was playing some of the best pool of my life just on a fluke. "I'm nobody, just a pool shooting country boy from south Louisiana. Everybody plays like this where I come from!" (The last a late breaking decision to protect my home hunting grounds) I explained I only had another fifteen or twenty minutes to play before catching a bird out, no time to call someone to get my ass kicked although I left off that last bit!

That remains one of my strangest and funniest times in a pool hall.

Hu

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

let me get this straight.

you can only run 2 out of 10 racks but you gave an apa 5 the breaks and the 4 out in a race to 9. you won 9-2.

if you gave that spot to most apa 5's in my area they would break you.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
let me get this straight.

you can only run 2 out of 10 racks but you gave an apa 5 the breaks and the 4 out in a race to 9. you won 9-2.

if you gave that spot to most apa 5's in my area they would break you.

Now lorider dont be knocking my action. :D

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like the woofing hath spilled over into the forums, lol. Do you two even like each other?

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Seems like the woofing hath spilled over into the forums, lol. Do you two even like each other?

Heck no I don't like him. He's a BANGER!!!!!! I would live stream the match for you guys but, then I'd have to give up the 2 out and 4 on the wire after I beat him. Pocket, Bill is good people and we just like to cut up. He does have my car right now so I better not talk bad about him. He might sell it before I have a chance to win it back.:cool:

Igetthecash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well running 2 out of 10 racks i wouldn,t think you could have gave an apa 5 the 4 out. Maybe it was really and apa 1 . do they even have a 1 rating in the apa?