Glue not holding on black ferrule.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
There has been a lot of comments about changing the ferrule without telling the owner.............

Think about this........ anyone that owns a cue with a ferrule made of PVC or the like probably would not notice any change in the hit......... if there was any.

Any change in the hit would probably would be for the better anyway.

After a tip pops off twice...... the repairman is starting to look like he is incompetent. I will change the ferrule and take the loss... should I ask the customer first....... yes.... but I don't always do that. I also turn all the tenons to 5/16 on all cracked ferrules on Meucci cues......... does it change the hit............ not that I can notice..... and they don't come back..... the customer has always been happy.

Kim

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
There has been a lot of comments about changing the ferrule without telling the owner.............

Think about this........ anyone that owns a cue with a ferrule made of PVC or the like probably would not notice any change in the hit......... if there was any.

After a tip pops off twice...... the repairman is starting to look like he is incompetent. I will change the ferrule and take the loss... should I ask the customer first....... yes.... but I don't always do that. I also turn all the tenons to 5/16 on all cracked ferrules on Meucci cues......... does it change the hit............ not that I can notice..... and they don't come back..... the customer has always been happy.

Kim
So, anyone who shoots with black ferrules or Meucci can't shoot?

ratcues

No yodeling, please.
Silver Member

Kim

I believe your post is incredibly disrespectful to your players and to other cue makers. Who are you to decide what they need or how their cues should play?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
The 3/8 tenon really upped the juice. Those thin ferrules were dynamite in the 80s.

If I had an original that were turned down, I would be furious.

Then again, I don't blame the mechanic if the ferrule fails.

tsp&b

Silver Member
It's an acquired taste. I'm lining up on a white cue ball, clearer definition with black than with a ferrule the same color as the cue ball.
EDIT- additionally my ferrules never turn blue. I find Juma too soft for my taste.

If I am not mistaken Luther Lasiter used a RED ferrule :thumbup:

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
If I am not mistaken Luther Lasiter used a RED ferrule :thumbup:

He actually colored them with a magic marker for the same reason I posted, clearer definition of tip placement against a white cue ball. I heard he could dab it a little