Gold Crown 1 Restoration project

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
Excellent work,
Late GC 1
Your work is outstanding.
Nice to see someone appreciate these great tables.
I enjoyed your journey from start to finish.
Cheers

realkingcobra

Silver Member
In my research this is actually a GC II which did come with Superspeeds. The old ones I took off were correct size. The new ones were 1/16" wider which makes the table smaller. Mine has adjustable feet and hidden nut, not figure 8 for the rails. Everything tells me GCII. But I could be wrong as I have been in the past LOL. I'm pretty sure you know more about these than I do.
I have explained many times in the past, all the things you identified as being a 2, were changed in the 1's first. When the 2 was made for 2 years, the ONLY changes that made it different than the 1's was that it was paint stained rosewood, not the colors available as a 1, and came with bronze coated feet and ball tray metal trim bronze coated as well. The Monarch Superspeed cushions were used on all GC's up until the mid production years of the GC3's. They measured 1 1/8" across the top. Then the newer Superspeed cushions replacing those cushions measured 1 3/16" across the top. Newer Superspeed cushions now measure 1 1/4" across the top.

One other note, the GC2 never had ashtray corner pocket castings, those were exclusive to the GC1's.