"Gold Crown" Ball Polisher

RazaXML

no it's off axis in that video. if you want a simple direct drive/high torque motor to use search for "High Torque Electric 450RPM Reversible" on ebay and you'll see the exact motors I use. They are only $100. I've ordered a bunch of them, they work well. I also just checked on amazon and there's someone selling them for $85. Even better. Just make sure to get the 450 rpm model (1:3 gear ratio) The ball cleaner doesn't need to go that fast, but that rpm range is almost perfect and good to have extra if you want it.

Best part is they're small so even after fitting them with a coupler to direct drive a platter they still can make for a very compact design. This model is only 13 inches tall.

dual.jpg

Last edited:

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no it's off axis in that video. if you want a simple direct drive/high torque motor to use search for "High Torque Electric 450RPM Reversible" on ebay and you'll see the exact motors I use. They are only $100. I've ordered a bunch of them, they work well. I also just checked on amazon and there's someone selling them for $85. Even better. Just make sure to get the 450 rpm model (1:3 gear ratio) The ball cleaner doesn't need to go that fast, but that rpm range is almost perfect good to have extra if you want it. You can see a picture of my cleaner earlier in this thread.
Not exactly sure what you mean by off axis, but the platter on the machine in the video is purposely off center with the outside rim to get some multi-axis rotation on the balls. At least I think it does.

Nice find on the 450RPM motor! Beautiful machine, my hat's off to you sir!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It's a compliment that some people are still today, trying to emulate what I started in 1995, including buying the ball sprockets from Diamond🤣

realkingcobra

Silver Member
All of you copying my original design are going to be blown away with my next designed ball polisher, battery opperated😅🤣😂it'll make every ball polisher ever built obsolete, including the Diamond polishers😅🤣😂

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All of you copying my original design are going to be blown away with my next designed ball polisher, battery opperated😅🤣😂it'll make every ball polisher ever built obsolete, including the Diamond polishers😅🤣😂
Do you get anything like a royalty from Diamond when they sell one of 'your' polishers?

kitsap

Registered

Do you have an estimated release date for this next generation machine?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Its not like you carry one around so why a battery version? Surely you're joking. I think a wind/solar option would sell great. ;)
So that a pool room operator can simply set the ball polisher on the table, grab the balls, polish them real quick, then move on to the next table without having to drag an extension cord all over the place. The unit is expected to weigh less than 20lbs.