Goldcrown from 1969

seanjonsean

Otanisan Cues
Silver Member
Howdy ,i have a friend who buys and sells table ,he has a 9 ft GC 1 wich is white with light blue skirts and thick slate for bout $1000 is this a good deal fr such an old table?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

TexanZ06

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Post up some pictures, I'm in the process of putting mine back together after moving into our new home. I fully restored mine a few years back and its been solid. Mark redid the rails.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Mine is only a couple years younger than the one you are considering. I think that is a great deal especially when you look at what people try to sell used import tables for. Try to find out as much of its history if you can, many came out of pool rooms and are mixed and only kinda matched parts from other similar tables.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I got my Gold Crown II ( adjustable legs, I has fixed legs afaik ) for $950. One owner and not from a pool hall.
Needed new cushions though.
$1000 for a I is on the high side these days .

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Ok new deal $750 but no cloth

Good deal.
Extend the rails and replace the cushions with Super Speed.
Don't bother spending a thousand dollars getting it re-profiled unless the mech really knows how to do it .
I regretted it twice already.

seanjonsean

Otanisan Cues
Silver Member
Hes a good friend of mine buys n sells all the time ,even if i do need cushions i think im grtting a piece of history

seanjonsean

Otanisan Cues
Silver Member
uploadfromtaptalk1452995170560.jpg

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems to be in great original condition which is less common than a GC that has spent its life in a pool hall. I think its a great price even at 1k.

Ian

Poolhalljunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gold crown 1

Not trying to rain on your parade, the real condition of the table won't be k own until it is torn down and you can see the slate the frame; the condition of the cushions. Unless the rails have already been redone you can expect to spend between 750-1000 getting them redone to correctly tighten the pockets. How does the table currently play?

seanjonsean

Otanisan Cues
Silver Member
I saw it torn down ,slate isnt broken but cushions seem soft to touch but ure right i wish i knew how it played im prepared to do new cushions n cloth in the near future ,and right under 4 '1/2 pockets

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Not trying to rain on your parade, the real condition of the table won't be k own until it is torn down and you can see the slate the frame; the condition of the cushions. Unless the rails have already been redone you can expect to spend between 750-1000 getting them redone to correctly tighten the pockets. How does the table currently play?

I think he will find out that is a nice table. One clue that the table was most likely not in a commercial environment is that the gulley blinds are still on the table. I dont think there is much that can go wrong with those massive GC frames. Hopefully anyone who previously worked on that table knew about the pinned slate so there are no cracks.