Good Linen Wrap Sealer ???

"Tommy"

Registered
I have been doing linen wraps and I am getting low on the sealer for them. I 1st use starch and press the wrap. Then I hit with high grit sandpaper just a touch. Then apply a sealer. The bottle doesn't have a name on it and it doesn't look like the sealer came in that bottle either. I am about to run out of it. I was going to see what kind of recommendations I could get from the expects here on what to use to seal the wrap. THANKS

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I have been doing linen wraps and I am getting low on the sealer for them. I 1st use starch and press the wrap. Then I hit with high grit sandpaper just a touch. Then apply a sealer. The bottle doesn't have a name on it and it doesn't look like the sealer came in that bottle either. I am about to run out of it. I was going to see what kind of recommendations I could get from the expects here on what to use to seal the wrap. THANKS

I know this may sound dumb, but didn't you buy the sealer in the first place? How can you not know what it was or where you bought it?
Dave

"Tommy"

Registered
I know this may sound dumb, but didn't you buy the sealer in the first place? How can you not know what it was or where you bought it?
Dave

I can say that I did see this question coming..... No, I did not buy the sealer. I am an apprentice to Alex Brick (also son-in-law). He passed away not long ago and I took over with his work. I never had a chance to ask him what sealer he was using.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I can say that I did see this question coming..... No, I did not buy the sealer. I am an apprentice to Alex Brick (also son-in-law). He passed away not long ago and I took over with his work. I never had a chance to ask him what sealer he was using.

My condolences, I wasn't aware of Alex's passing.
The sealer I use is Lacover 30 padding. It leaves the linen a bit slippery smooth as it has a wax in it I believe, which is the way I like a linen wrap to feel. The 30 is the lighter weight of the 2 types offered. It can be used as a shaft sealer also.

http://mohawk-finishing.com/catalog_browse.asp?ictNbr=138

Dave

"Tommy"

Registered
My condolences, I wasn't aware of Alex's passing.
The sealer I use is Lacover 30 padding. It leaves the linen a bit slippery smooth as it has a wax in it I believe, which is the way I like a linen wrap to feel. The 30 is the lighter weight of the 2 types offered. It can be used as a shaft sealer also.

http://mohawk-finishing.com/catalog_browse.asp?ictNbr=138

Dave

Thanks Dave for your condolences and your great suggestion for the wrap !