Harriman beats Bowman @ The Break

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
I just watched the finals of a Midwest 9-ball tourney at The Break in
St. Louis, (Cahokia, IL).
It came down to Danny winning the winners bracket and Jesse playing awesome to win the losers bracket.
Jesse easily won the first race to 9 against Danny and had him 6 to 3 in the final match - BUT - Danny showed what a true champion is made of.
He played flawlessly and was determined to never give up. Naturally it had to go Hill, Hill and Danny made one of the best outs I've seen to win.
As usual it was a great tournament with some of the best bar box players - playing their hearts out.
Very enjoyable weekend!

TY & GL

Ps - Almost forgot my favorite parts - Ice Cold Bud & 16oz Char-Broiled Rib eyes were scrumpdeliousious.

Eydie Romano

Finally Retired!
Silver Member
OHB ~ Thanks for the update! Bob and I were going to attend but ended up going to a 50 yr anniversary..

How many players did they have and what was the purse? I am sure it was exciting to watch. Evelyn and Danny put on a great show.

Eydie

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
Great Tourney

Eydie Romano said:
OHB ~ Thanks for the update! Bob and I were going to attend but ended up going to a 50 yr anniversary..

How many players did they have and what was the purse? I am sure it was exciting to watch. Evelyn and Danny put on a great show.

Eydie

Eydie - I believe there was 62 men & 14 women. Not sure of the TOURNEY $ BUT THE ACTION WAS PLENTIFUL.
Some great One Pocket action between Ike & Andy.

TY & GL

Skeezicks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OldHasBeen said:
I believe there was 62 men & 14 women. Not sure of the TOURNEY $ BUT THE ACTION WAS PLENTIFUL.
OHB, did you play any?

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Do You

OldHasBeen said:
Eydie - I believe there was 62 men & 14 women. Not sure of the TOURNEY $ BUT THE ACTION WAS PLENTIFUL.

TY & GL

OHB ... Do you know Danny and Evelyn, the TD's for the Midwest 9 ball tour?
They are really nice people, and its always great to see them,

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
I got shut out!

Skeezicks said:
OHB, did you play any?

I was 5 min. late calling in my entry. I was running credit cards via the Internet for my reps and thought it was about 11:30 or so. It was 1:05 when I finally called Evelyn. She said she just posted the board and there was nothing she could do. It was strictly my fault, as I know Evelyn would do anything possible to help.
It turned out for the best though as I got a little One Pocket action that I enjoyed even better than playing in the tourney.
Also instead of grabbing a quick sandwich between games - I was able to relax and devour 2 wonderful rib eye dinners both Fri & Sat.

TY & GL

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
I know Evelyn & Danny well.

Snapshot9 said:
OHB ... Do you know Danny and Evelyn, the TD's for the Midwest 9 ball tour?
They are really nice people, and its always great to see them,

I agree - They always do a great job running the tournaments and are true professionals. They have always been very pleasurable to be around and are just generally nice people.

TY & GL

dogginda9

I need a vacation.
Silver Member
OldHasBeen said:
I agree - They always do a great job running the tournaments and are true professionals. They have always been very pleasurable to be around and are just generally nice people.

TY & GL
Hi OHB. It would be great if you could find a website or post some sort of schedule for Danny and Evelyn's tour. Me and some friends would love to come down but need to plan well in advance. Thanks for any help.

D

Danny Harriman

Hello Tom

I must say that I did not 'beat' Jesse Bowman, here is my take on the match. I played well the second set, Jesse was running out like a well oiled machine and on the last game I was fortunate to get a shot and made the most of it. My point is this Tom a person hardly ever beats another person, I played a good game and the energy changed the second set and I won, too many players focus their energy on defeating their opponent. So this would be my small bit of advice to the amateur players, be carefull how you focus your energy - their is a very thin line between having a competative spirit and an uncontroled ego. Focus more on doing nothing to defeat yourself rather than 'beating' the other player, I'm sure you think I'm just being modest but this is someting that has helped me become the player I am today. I still struggle with this occasionally, I was feelin' the heat from Jesse and had I been focusing my energy in the wrong way I would have beat myself. Instead I focused on having fun and Danny and Evelyn's events are allways run well so that makes it fun, sometimes when I'm having fun and Feeling competative it reflects in my game and that is my winning mixture.
I posted this more for some of the up and coming players Tom as I'm sure your aware of this info.
Sincerely, Danny 'boy' Harriman

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
Danny - I agree 100%

Danny Harriman said:
I must say that I did not 'beat' Jesse Bowman, here is my take on the match. I played well the second set, Jesse was running out like a well oiled machine and on the last game I was fortunate to get a shot and made the most of it. My point is this Tom a person hardly ever beats another person, I played a good game and the energy changed the second set and I won, too many players focus their energy on defeating their opponent. So this would be my small bit of advice to the amateur players, be carefull how you focus your energy - their is a very thin line between having a competative spirit and an uncontroled ego. Focus more on doing nothing to defeat yourself rather than 'beating' the other player, I'm sure you think I'm just being modest but this is someting that has helped me become the player I am today. I still struggle with this occasionally, I was feelin' the heat from Jesse and had I been focusing my energy in the wrong way I would have beat myself. Instead I focused on having fun and Danny and Evelyn's events are allways run well so that makes it fun, sometimes when I'm having fun and Feeling competative it reflects in my game and that is my winning mixture.
I posted this more for some of the up and coming players Tom as I'm sure your aware of this info.

The way I used to express it was - When Playing 9-Ball & your at the table - It doesen't make any difference who your playing because they are sitting down. The only way you can lose is to let them back to the table. Of course things are a little different now (than back in my days) because they play alternate the breaks and play to hit the ball instead of 2 shot roll out, but the general concept still holds up. Honestly, I like it better, the way you put it.
I hope we get to see more of you at The Break & if you would like, give me your cell # via a PM and I can call you when the serious action is happining OR about to happen.

Thanks, Tom

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This may sound dumb, but were you guys playing 1-pocket on a bar table? :eek: I'm just trying to compute the complications of that scenario :confused: ................Thanx..Gerry

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Danny Harriman said:

Great advice! Thanks for this post.