Harris Cues Meltdown on Eddie Wheat Proportions

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
yeah going about trying to guilt trip past customers into giving you save my ass money isn't that bright.....sly can go on him too. I lost everything as well to a slick theif and extorter, still drove my car and the little I had left straight at Michael for a long term job I was supposed to have in the bag in Tampa.....my contact straight disappeared, so I leave and some ass was parked sideways in my exit lane with their ****ing lights off and I destroyed the car I rebuilt my got dam self over 6 months....thank god my dog survived. Made my way to Kentucky and helped around a farm cutting 30 acres and redoing some lattice and fella gave me a walking stick consisting of a late 90s truck and a Richard black ebony 4 pt ....was welcomed by folks in Tennessee too helped a few learn to cook and shoot better and got my temporary life line extended again. Hell 2 years ago was the great flood and I had a collapsed ceiling brutal shit...I stayed doing recovery work for some time. Swear I got the rickets from Red Cross food.

I think my point is **** the both of em, one for being shady and then coming on here like he's somebody named Gus or something DONT MAKE ME LAUGH....and the other one well buddy your idiocy isn't your former customers faults, nor is it theirs that you let flippers make more than you did nor anyone elses for not insuring yourself properly....next to the gulf, right next of all places.....someone please tell me this fool was from Canada originally and never seen a hurricane before.

when my friends were worried I was driving right at Michael....cuz I had to be there by that Wednesday as I was told....car was running tits so, I told them "sorry y'all but Michael wasn't part of the plan" and off I went to get that ****in job.

First thing when I got to Tampa Monday night was tying down things taking items down....making sure this soon possible bad situation wasn't going to be worse on me due to laze or stupidity (beyond driving right past it lol).......Harris could have packed his shit and went take a week vacay where ever north, but figuring it would be cool like all the fools even my good friend in Tampa who really had no clue and thought it was weird I was making the immediate area safer with tie downs and what not.....well thats what he got for thinking, for doing since Michael side stepped us in largo all needed done now was hang the plants back up.

mad cuz he bet it all on black and ol red busted his ass....and the got dam nerve to throw it back at customers.....

I didn't just write all this so I could get ****in help....just dont waste any of your time with them theres plenty folks who couldn't help their position and are not broadcasting hate and blame....go help them instead. Not these cry baby opportunists.

if im close to retirement age and that dense, stupid and egotistical promise me.... do me a favor when that time comes and go fund a ****in bullet in the back of my head.

worse than Wheat bucks ever were.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
They don't delete accounts dawg. You will remain archived.

I was never liked on this site from day one but I didn't let it bother me I took on cue making back in early 2000 as my primary job to feed my family pay my bills and pay taxes on the product that I sell. All I can say to those who View who believe Robert Harris built all my cues you really need to pull the wool back over and up above your eyes because if you continue to follow me on Facebook "sly custom cues you will see pretty daily of the cues that I am working on Q's in progress cue parts that are built by me for my cues and so on this is my last post here on azbilliards. Attention!! mr. Wilson or any moderators that may read this may I ask you please to delete my azbilliards account this is my last post on this site.
I would like to thank the ones that have supported me over the years on this site I also met a lot of very nice people on this site but I no longer want to be a part of the AZ community please delete my account thanks.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When?

I don't know the years exactly.

They appear to be "gold letter" era Joss cues. So I am guessing mid to late 1980's?

One or two have been posted here on AZB and there was one recently on Ebay.

Here is the one on Ebay. If you click on the pick you'll find there are still some nice close-up pics posted.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-vinta...vip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2381387.m43663.l44720

That cue has a black pin which I know was used in 1991, so they could be that late as well.

You can see the cue is clearly marked as "Longoni by Joss" and is pretty clearly a Joss design.

Here is a Longoni by Joss jump cue that was for sale on AZB:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=482852
Very interesting. Thanx.

paulempor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
leon sly;6289865 All I can say to those who View who believe Robert Harris built [COLOR="Red" said:
all [/COLOR]my cues you really need to pull the wool back over and up above your eyes

Ouch... That kind of says it all

searingcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"S" Logo

If you say so.
Jason

Regarding the Logo, me and Leon more than good. Leon and I both understand how we each felt about using the "S" as our logo back then as we have spoke many times about it since. The important thing is we each have our own established Logo today and the respect is mutual. While I very much appreciate that some guys continue to have my back when it comes to this old debate, it's just that old and dead. Leon and I are far past it. I'm happy to see the work he's doing today and his cues deserve to be recognized with a unique logo like all get today.:)
Keep up the good work Leon!
Dennis

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
I remember this mess well... but I have to ask you Dennis... how good a student was he when you were teaching him to make cues? I remember reading it, that is why I am asking...

Hope all is well there in Fl...

Joe

Regarding the Logo, me and Leon more than good. Leon and I both understand how we each felt about using the "S" as our logo back then as we have spoke many times about it since. The important thing is we each have our own established Logo today and the respect is mutual. While I very much appreciate that some guys continue to have my back when it comes to this old debate, it's just that old and dead. Leon and I are far past it. I'm happy to see the work he's doing today and his cues deserve to be recognized with a unique logo like all get today.:)
Keep up the good work Leon!
Dennis

RAMIII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Misrepresentation....

To me the biggest issue is any misrepresentation that may have occurred by Sly or Diviney. Sure other cue makers have helpers but we expect it to be overseen by the named cuemaker and for it to be completed by the named cuemaker so that the cue represents their brand/name and is consistent with work quality and playability. I don't believe production cues fall into the same category since we understand they are mass produced.
I ordered a cue from Paul Drexler once and was wanting him to build me an ebony titlist. Paul explained he could convert an older titlist or have John Davis build a blank that he could then finish. I didn't realize it at the time but in comparison this was a very upstanding response because he was clear about the process and allowed me to make an informed decision. Had Paul not told me about using a blank from John, then I would have felt misinformed. Worse if Paul had told me he would build me the current and then used another's blank, I would have also felt that he misrepresented his work to me. Ultimately we are paying quite a bit of money for cues built by these makers and we certainly should be informed if they are using blanks from other cue makers.

I don't think there is anything wrong with cue makers using blanks or materials from other makers as long as they explain it to their customers. It is common within our industry but as a customer I would like to be informed about it so I can make the final decision. I have been fortunate that Paul Drexler and Jim Baxter have both been honest about suggesting previously made blanks for cues that I had been considering.

If Sly or Diveney have had Robert Harris build blanks or cues for them, then they should simply state the level of work that was done, be transparent with future customers, and move on with their cue building. They clearly are doing some high level work and have a strong following. I don't see any reason why this should derail their business unless they get defensive and try to defend their right to not disclose significant cue construction decisions to the customer.

I hope everyone moves through this mess as honorably as possible. The current makers involved and named are talented folks and hopefully will offer many more excellent cues in the future.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank You Dennis!

Thank You Dennis!!

Nice to see a voice of reason. A lot more cue builders than letters in the alphabet these days so working together to resolve problems is best.

I do get a chuckle out of the "pi" shafts, numbers can't be trademarked and most particularly a math term that has been in use for over three hundred years! A clever use to describe how their shaft laminations are oriented but even Intel found out you can't copyright or trademark numbers.

Merry Christmas,
Hu

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To me the biggest issue is any misrepresentation that may have occurred by Sly or Diviney. Sure other cue makers have helpers but we expect it to be overseen by the named cuemaker and for it to be completed by the named cuemaker so that the cue represents their brand/name and is consistent with work quality and playability. I don't believe production cues fall into the same category since we understand they are mass produced.
I ordered a cue from Paul Drexler once and was wanting him to build me an ebony titlist. Paul explained he could convert an older titlist or have John Davis build a blank that he could then finish. I didn't realize it at the time but in comparison this was a very upstanding response because he was clear about the process and allowed me to make an informed decision. Had Paul not told me about using a blank from John, then I would have felt misinformed. Worse if Paul had told me he would build me the current and then used another's blank, I would have also felt that he misrepresented his work to me. Ultimately we are paying quite a bit of money for cues built by these makers and we certainly should be informed if they are using blanks from other cue makers.

I don't think there is anything wrong with cue makers using blanks or materials from other makers as long as they explain it to their customers. It is common within our industry but as a customer I would like to be informed about it so I can make the final decision. I have been fortunate that Paul Drexler and Jim Baxter have both been honest about suggesting previously made blanks for cues that I had been considering.

If Sly or Diveney have had Robert Harris build blanks or cues for them, then they should simply state the level of work that was done, be transparent with future customers, and move on with their cue building. They clearly are doing some high level work and have a strong following. I don't see any reason why this should derail their business unless they get defensive and try to defend their right to not disclose significant cue construction decisions to the customer.

I hope everyone moves through this mess as honorably as possible. The current makers involved and named are talented folks and hopefully will offer many more excellent cues in the future.

I agree with you, when it comes to "custom" cue makers.

I have no problem buying a cue that has some parts that aren't made by the cue maker, but let that be known up front. There are only "so many" components of a cue, so somebody needs to "determine" which component(s) make the cue the "maker's" and which ones make it someone else's.

Usually, the only component that is "farmed out" is the forearm. Is that the "cue", or are all the other components the "cue"?

RAMIII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Customer decides

What makes the "cue" I believe is up to the customer when deciding upon using a cue maker and when discussing the build of a cue. Personally, I don't have a problem with the cue maker using a blank or forearm made by another, so long as it is disclosed to me before a build. Should I decide to sell the cue, I would then feel obligated to disclose that it's was X Maker's cue with Y's blank.
I think these topics though are probably being discussed in the new thread that was opened containing the bombshell that was disclosed in text messages.

I agree with you, when it comes to "custom" cue makers.

I have no problem buying a cue that has some parts that aren't made by the cue maker, but let that be known up front. There are only "so many" components of a cue, so somebody needs to "determine" which component(s) make the cue the "maker's" and which ones make it someone else's.

Usually, the only component that is "farmed out" is the forearm. Is that the "cue", or are all the other components the "cue"?

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What makes the "cue" I believe is up to the customer when deciding upon using a cue maker and when discussing the build of a cue. Personally, I don't have a problem with the cue maker using a blank or forearm made by another, so long as it is disclosed to me before a build. Should I decide to sell the cue, I would then feel obligated to disclose that it's was X Maker's cue with Y's blank.
I think these topics though are probably being discussed in the new thread that was opened containing the bombshell that was disclosed in text messages.

Where is the link to this thread?