has any one else had pete tonkin

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read all these posts and the only thing that stands out to me is that my 6 year old has better spelling , grammar and punctuation than the OP.

Amazing.......

mgripy

Registered
not follow thru on promised work??? i sent him a very rare roswood burl almost 5 years ago and promised the world but never came thru!??? this is soo discouraging he almosed looked at one time that he had promise..

i asked 2 years ago to refund me my stuff and still waiting

Patience needed.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
I feel obligated to say something as the cue that Pete was desperately trying to finish in time was very likely for me and my friend Chady.

We had the China Custom Cue Show(Massive amount of photos posted in Gallery) and Pete was trying to finish our cue in time for that show as the dead line was drawing closer I told Pete that he couldn't make it and would probably have to wait till next year to show. So just before the shipping dead line he floored it and that's when the energy drink have him problems. He explained to me and Chady right after he missed the shipping dead line and apologized to us profusely.

All is good but I just want to say that what Pete said wasn't made up for this thread and I have emails to prove it.

I know no ones gonna be happy after this ordeal but I hope they can both be satisfied with how it ended.

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are many possible reasons Pete refused to make you --- Bill Grassly --- a cue, but I won't speculate. Looks to me he completely forgot about your piece of wood (since he was never going to make you a cue), which is regrettable...do let us know when you receive it.

As for the secondary market value of Tonkin's cues, other dealers seem to do just fine. If you really believe that you're going to lose money on a Tonkin, not getting a cue from him is probably for the best, don't you think?

Anyway Bill, stay classy.

I've done business with Bill and I can tell you he does what he says he is gonna do. I don't know why you are taking sides in this dispute.

I don't know the cue maker and he does make great looking cues but that is no indication of how he treats his customers.

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've done business with Bill and I can tell you he does what he says he is gonna do. I don't know why you are taking sides in this dispute.

I'm sure there are a lot of things you don't know.

I have my reasons, and by the overall tone of this thread (minus a few absolutely clueless individuals) I'm not alone by any means.

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure there are a lot of things you don't know.

I have my reasons, and by the overall tone of this thread (minus a few absolutely clueless individuals) I'm not alone by any means.

And the reasons are?..................

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jive has displayed a lot of class,attempting to
make peace

Bill would probably do well selling Tonken cues,and he could actually help Tonken marketing

you two should talk this over
make peace

and move on

again both are great guys in my mind

dean

cornerstone

Psalm 91:15
Silver Member
All is done and Iam complete pete sent my wood and that is fine the mods can remove the thread so pete can go on with out this hanging over him